Monster Hunter 3rd problem.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Apr 22, 2011.

1. DarkWay
    OP

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

Aug 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Hey Tempers!

I've been trying to play an english patched Monster Hunter 3rd (tried this as a clean ISO aswell) but everytime I load the game at the opening cutscene (after you create a character) the game black-screens and my PSP switches itself off.

I'm on 5.00m33-6 prometheus 4 (I think, the prometheus install file says v3?). I've tried everything I can think of to get this working and not a single thing has helped me so far, I'd really rather not switch firmwares so if anyone that is running 5.00 m33- 6 has got Monster Hunter 3rd working can you please tell me how you did it?

I'm also sure it isn't the ISO I'm using as I've tried 3 different ISOs and the same thing happens each time.

Thanks in advance Tempers!

2. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    I downloaded the clean mh3p iso, used teamhgg's english patch, and...it worked.

3. DarkWay
    OP

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

Aug 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    I think I'm using the same patch =/ I'm using the 2.3 patch the very last one they released. but it black screens + shuts off my PSP after the opening cutscene [​IMG]

-----------------------------
    ignore my foolishness, for some reason my old m33 6.20 plugins enabled themselves after I disabled all my plugins. After disabling them again it worked.

4. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Try the 2.2 patch? Run a hash check on the ISO?

5. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

May 4, 2008
    United States
    West of the equator Sex: sure
    I thought prom-4 was based on 5.5 gen, but w/e

mhp3rd has worked without a hitch for me since the clean iso was dumped (and all the patches I've applied since)

I'm guessing you have a bad ISO.

6. Anne Noise

Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2007
    United States
    I've also had no problems. Have you tried patching it with ISO Tool?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice