Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

freshheat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this is the same problem as everyone else because im new at this, i have installed Darkcorp v 1.0 it gets me to the capcom sign but right after that it says the "The Disc could not be read" i use imageburn to burn the disc. is there something im doing wrong? i burn it at 2x. but yeah please help me and thank you in advance

konamix666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i got an problem. My wii is 3.1 and i want to use disc chanel to load MH3. But i can only find startpatch for Wii 4.1+ What should i do?
Is there a way to upgrade to 4.1 without removing my mods? or is there a program that ignores upgrades for 3.1? thanks.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IS Hermes dangerous to my wii:
4.2u
Bootmii
Rev 15
IOS249

I wanna play with USB LOADER GX
or
Cloader=Custom channels(I would like this more)

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
4.2u
Bootmii
Rev 15
IOS249

or

All I can comment on is what I use. Thaat would be usb loader gx. Follow that link Rock. http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223. That is how I got it working on mine. All default settings in Gx EXCEPT the ios number 222/002 fix...set that to on. Obviously you have to set it to ios 222 in GX before starting the game. Oh, and don't forget to save your settings afterward.

iantothemax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same exact problem as the two others before me using the Softchip R99 method. I'm getting an IOCTL error when it tries to load the disc. And I know for a fact nothing is wrong with the way I burned it or the disc itself, because it loads perfectly fine with Gamma RC1 before hanging when I try to get past the main menu.

Any help?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this problem a long time ago when you get to start game and then black screen, for the disc method before I got into guitar her games I used the cIOS55 bug fix, even with that I got that IL0CT error or whatever it is, for me to get this working I had to use fake IOS enabled and it worked now I use 232 and fake IOS without the IOS55bugfix

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried a disc as i have a wiikey as well. Still no joy, same black screen and buzzing. Tried the hermes 222 and 223 fix with rev 14 of 249 and set the vdtv to on or whatever it is but all attempts fail. The first game i've ever had failed to load. Oh well, back to Borderlands and other 360 games to finish up.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Krankran said:
I've been trying for hours to get this running (NTSC-U version).

Here's what I have installed:
- System Menu 4.0U
- CIOS 249 R19
- SoftChip R99 (channel version)

"Remove 002 Protection" is enabled, but I get the #002 error anyways.

If "Load Requested IOS" is enabled and set to use IOS 249, then I get an Ioctl error and the loader restarts.
I think that this Ioctl error is the same thing kirokun is mentioning.

There's a reason why i removed the "Remove 002 Protection" Option in SoftChip!

Get SoftChip r102:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ne0orfmxuwy

To play from disc(without modchip) you need either a cIOS37 or cIOS55, select it in SoftChip, enable Fake IOS Version, UNcheck Load Requested IOS and launch the game.

If you have cioscorp installed, then you can select Load Requested IOS, all others should either
install a cIOS37 or cIOS55 wad, select IOS37 or IOS55 in SoftChip
or
install cIOS37rev19 and select IOS249 in SoftChip
or
install cIOS37rev19 and use NeoGamma

If you still get more Ioctl errors, i need more infos, what cIOS do you use, do you have working games? DVD-R or DVD+R?

M

myspacee

myspacee said:
PAL user here softmod 4.1
- usb loader gx
- force NTSC
- use cios 223

load game but when choose new game all freeze with weird sound in background ?
(as demo disc if i remeber well... )

Any idea from/for PAL user ?

thank you,

m.

solved !
- load game first with usbloader with cios 222
- create a save game
- reboot
- load usb loader gx now works !

smile.gif

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
qdog82 said:
Anakir said:
I realize you can play split screen but another question popped into my head. Is my friend able to load his character into the same Wii where I play as my character for the split screen?

You can transfer your character to the wiimote and take it that way to another wii. But in coloseum mode you dont use your equipment, there are some preset classes there that you have to use. But you get loot for defeating a monster, one is a special medal for every boos monster you defeat, which you later can use to make special armor, that you wouldnt get otherwise in the game. So if you and your friend defeat some of the bosses, he can take the loot back and load it to his game.

Whats the difference between regularly playing split screen with a friend and colloseum mode?

Colloseum mode is the only mode where you can play local split screen, its like an arena where you fighting against the boos monsters of the game

Krankran

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Upon running SoftChip R102, an exception is produced (multiple attempts were made, all from the Homebrew Channel).

Still using R99, I've managed to get it to boot. This was done by installing cIOS36 R7 in addition to modifying the settings to match your instructions.

... But now there is the common problem of it freezing after "Begin the game" is selected (humming sound and all).
I will be checking out some other threads regarding this issue, this one in particular.

Thank you for getting me this far.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
if your game freez at the story mode with a buz try this

1.my spec ---> wii 4.2 e hermes v5 waninkoko xcios r19
2.add uloader 4.8 by hermes (search this forum for the relase) to the homebrew channel and load it
3.select the dvd on the right up (if you have the game in dvd )
4.on the conigure buton select ----->
lenguage ---->default
video mode ----->game locked
cios---->cios 223

5.enjoy the game
smile.gif

p.s i love the song of the uloader and the midle finger of the pointer (thats so ironic )
tongue.gif

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
boybrown said:
Tried a disc as i have a wiikey as well. Still no joy, same black screen and buzzing. Tried the hermes 222 and 223 fix with rev 14 of 249 and set the vdtv to on or whatever it is but all attempts fail. The first game i've ever had failed to load. Oh well, back to Borderlands and other 360 games to finish up.

try wiiflow

mine work with rev 14 of 249 (installed not used..) and hermess 222

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
4.2u
Bootmii
Rev 15
IOS249

or

Yes it is very safe to install Hermes v4. USE IT

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirokun said:
I tried everything u said about SoftChip r99
Everything goes right until i get some red error [softchip menu]
Then Install Darkorp 1.0
and boot through GeckOS

@jalaneme: Yeah well.. you don't know until you try.
@Krakan: Will use your Darkorp method then for my guide!

EDIT: Updated my guide for softchip and neogamma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol