Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've installed cIOS249 rev 19 based on IOS37 and now, USB Loader GX freezes everytime I try to choose a game... Any ideas ? I've the latest version of GX (r929)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
I've installed cIOS249 rev 19 based on IOS37 and now, USB Loader GX freezes everytime I try to choose a game... Any ideas ? I've the latest version of GX (r929)
on the help section for USB Loader GX a lot of people are experiencing this same problem and i guess the solution(for them anyway) is to go back to r921

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:

When you start GX go into default settings (settings button in the corner) and set the default IOS to something else (like 223 works for me) then SAVE (don't forget to save!!) and then restart GX.
If that doesn't work, you'll want to go into settings again and enable Quick Boot as that will skip the Disc spinning screen and boot you right into the game.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tried Hezkore's quick boot solution : it's the best because the problem with cIOSx and the latest version of USB Loader GX is that the loader freezes when he must play the preview music when you choose a game. So just unable the preview music in sound mode. Finally I've installed the default cIOS (based on IOS57) and Hermes' IOS only to boot MH3

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine worked with 223 with 37, cfg usb loader, 4.1U

been playing non-stop
ohmy.gif
, just killed Gobul(the angler fish)

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I need help with this. I have usb loader gx...with what I believe to be ios249. What do I need to do to get this to work? I get the buzzing sound.

I have read all previous pages. But none are too clear because there are people saying those solutions don't work and not clarifying. Any help would be appreciated.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize you can play split screen but another question popped into my head. Is my friend able to load his character into the same Wii where I play as my character for the split screen?

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I realize you can play split screen but another question popped into my head. Is my friend able to load his character into the same Wii where I play as my character for the split screen?

You can transfer your character to the wiimote and take it that way to another wii. But in coloseum mode you dont use your equipment, there are some preset classes there that you have to use. But you get loot for defeating a monster, one is a special medal for every boos monster you defeat, which you later can use to make special armor, that you wouldnt get otherwise in the game. So if you and your friend defeat some of the bosses, he can take the loot back and load it to his game.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nozila said:
jtenma said:
nozila said:
ios222. install hermes 222/223 first.

Ok...wut?
When i go to installation process to install ios 38 merged with 37...it just freezes. Do i have to install 38 first?

Just to clarify, I am using this guide http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

i used the exact same tutorial for hermes.

Yeah those directions aren't clear either...Do i have to abandon my usb loader gx for uloader? Or am i fine? It just froze again trying to install. About to give up and just wait for ssf4 lol.

EDIT: its installing now! I had my gc card in lololol!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qdog82 said:
Anakir said:

You can transfer your character to the wiimote and take it that way to another wii. But in coloseum mode you dont use your equipment, there are some preset classes there that you have to use. But you get loot for defeating a monster, one is a special medal for every boos monster you defeat, which you later can use to make special armor, that you wouldnt get otherwise in the game. So if you and your friend defeat some of the bosses, he can take the loot back and load it to his game.

Whats the difference between regularly playing split screen with a friend and colloseum mode?

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now...new problem im using usbloader gx and went into the menu to change to 222...still got buzzing?

EDT: Ok, hopefully I'm helping someone by looking like an ass. I enabled 002 fix and it worked. Someone out there is reading this lol. "
laugh.gif
The chronicles of j10!"

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safavid said:
List of confirmed working methods from the full NTSC-U RIP
In all honesty not much has changed from the NTSC-JP release of the game. There are a ba gillion guides to get this running but let's break it down for all of you again. [Sorry if your specific loader isn't on here but hey... as long as it works]
Disc Loading:
-Softchip(r99)
Press "+" button to select your CIOS and select IOS249. then set the following as such:

Game's Language: English
Patch Country Strings: Disabled
Autoboot: Disabled
Silent: Disabled
Logging: Disabled
Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
Load Requested IOS: Enabled
-Disc Loading Channel
Create nand backup from bootmii[Look at sticky in the hacking section for the bootmii part]*(Optional yet highly recommended)
- Install DARKCORP 1.0 for Disc Channel Loading
- Make sure you have Hermes v4 NOT 5. Doesn't seem to work when I try with v5
- Use Startpatch to skip disc channel updates so it doesn't tell you that you have to install a System Update if you're on 4.1 and below.

USB Loading:
Make sure to use Hermes v4 installer
If you have v5 just overwrite it with the v5 installer
or use Anytitle deleter to remove ios 222 & 223
Make sure to install the ios's with ios38 merged to 37
-USB Loader GX
1. usb loader gx 929 wad
2. vidtv patch on
3. 002 fix to yes
4. ios 223
-CFG Loader
1. cIOS v4 223 with 38+37 merged
-Wiiflow
1. Load with IOS222 or IOS223
I will spend most of my time siphoning through this thread and other places for the right set ups.[

YES THE GAME WORKS ONLINE IT'S FREE TOO. HOWEVER CAPCOM WON'T ENABLE THEIR ONLINE SERVERS UNTIL THE APRIL 19TH

I tried everything u said about SoftChip r99
Everything goes right until i get some red error [softchip menu]

Krankran

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been trying for hours to get this running (NTSC-U version).

Here's what I have installed:
- System Menu 4.0U
- CIOS 249 R19
- SoftChip R99 (channel version)

"Remove 002 Protection" is enabled, but I get the #002 error anyways.

If "Load Requested IOS" is enabled and set to use IOS 249, then I get an Ioctl error and the loader restarts.
I think that this Ioctl error is the same thing kirokun is mentioning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY