Monitor issues

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by boktor666, Sep 1, 2011.

Sep 1, 2011

Monitor issues by boktor666 at 10:15 AM (494 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. boktor666
    OP

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    My monitor is kinda freaking out i guess. All colors, except for the darker colors like black-ish are not being displayed correctly. I have no idea why, yesterday it was fine. To make an exampe, go to the site of game publisher Perfectworld.com (it's my best example).. Now look at the color of the page.

Here's what mine looks like:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

It's a example of how the color is disorted, also look at the workbar at the bottom of the screen.
    I also tried to press auto-adjust and fabricreset, but to no wins.

Anyone able to help me?

2. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Did you try to plug in another monitor? If the same problem persist then it means either the plug-in is fucked up or your browser is having a bug issue.

3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    You cant portray the problems you are having with your monitor by taking a screencap. The screencap may still look discoloured to you, but that is because you are viewing it on the same monitor, to us the colours look the same in both the screencap and the site.

Easiest way to start off making the diagnosis is to plug your monitor into a different device and to see if you are experiencing the same issues. Then you can determine if the problem is originating from the monitor itself or the pc.

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Screenshot shows nothing therefore its definitely a monitor issue (seriously why did you bother with the screenshot it looks completely normal!)

As DarkStriker said, try a different monitor, if it shows the same problem then GOOD NEWS! Its the cable. If it doesn't show the same problem then you need a new monitor.
    ALternatively try a different cable and if that doesn't work you need a new monitor.

5. boktor666
    OP

Netherlands
    hmm, the same issue persists in game... But i dont have another monitor to hook up, that makes it even more .... crappy.. and ffs, just when you think it will last for a little longer, it gives up on you. I might try a diffrent cable, but I will wait. Lets see what happens when I turn the power off the thing, and check back tomorrow or so. If i need another monitor, i will be broke, since my new Computer almost drained all of my money.

6. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Plug the monitor into another machine like I suggested. If you don't have another see if any friends of yours have a laptop or something that you can use instead.

7. boktor666
    OP

Netherlands
    Hmm, update, seems like my new pc is coming in 1-2 days. I will update you guys when it arrives, to see if the monitor is bitching. Also, what color do you guys see on the given website? Brown/black or Black/blue/metallic-ish

Also thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be sure to try em

8. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    You could take a picture for us?
    And on the website it shows mostly black and grey colours.

9. boktor666
    OP

Netherlands
    Prepare for shitty quality

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    It is bad, I know, but the color you see is mainly...brown.