ROM Hack Mods for Pokemon BW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a lot of us played Bloodyplatinum and oddshadows mods for hgss and they both made the games significantly more fun by adding a real challenge along with new content. I don't know if you have noticed yet but Pokemon BW is one of the EASIEST GAMES EVER MADE. If you use any pokemon that is competent in metagame you can mostly solo the game by mashing 1 or 2 moves and there is absolutely no strategy to it. I would love to see if it's possible to mod these games to be harder as we have seen them do in previous gens.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BloodyFlame said:
Zerox8610 said:
Wait for US version

That's not what he's asking for.

There wasn't a single question mark, he's not asking for anything.....
o___________o

Just saying, mods wont happen til US version hits.

Unless you want to make them?

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the tools not in existence yet? I know Oddshadow could do it if they have the tools. I might send him a pm. He did the best HGSS mods in existence last year.

i mean seriously people, this game is mindlessly easy. At least the endgame for HGSS was challenging and with the mods the entire game was challenging. Maybe I'm the only person in this world who likes to think when they play rpg games?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are tools out. I'm modding the trainers at the moment. Still waiting for wild encounter editor though.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Are the tools not in existence yet? I know Oddshadow could do it if they have the tools. I might send him a pm. He did the best HGSS mods in existence last year.

i mean seriously people, this game is mindlessly easy. At least the endgame for HGSS was challenging and with the mods the entire game was challenging. Maybe I'm the only person in this world who likes to think when they play rpg games?
i agree with you wholeheartedly, black and white is much easier. but you have to understand that this one generation is trying to appeal to a new generation of kids as well as the first generation of people who started out playing red/blue/green/yellow.

@HatchetBall how are u doing your mods? and how is it coming along?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
Lazy727 said:

i agree with you wholeheartedly, black and white is much easier. but you have to understand that this one generation is trying to appeal to a new generation of kids as well as the first generation of people who started out playing red/blue/green/yellow.
We don't need an easy game, the first gen was the difficulty we need (or harder).

Also, they're hacks not mods.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
Lazy727 said:

@HatchetBall how are u doing your mods? and how is it coming along?
I'm finished, I just can't figure out how to pack the files back together properly. (I assume I am though...)Could just be my TTDS, I'll have to check wth no$zoomer and see if it works. Once I can get the modifications that are already done confirmed, I'll be going through all the trainers and making everyone hold 6 Pokemon. Making it possible to see the entire National Dex, plus adding strategic movesets to all of them, giving them hold items, and turning the AI up to 250.
Lots of Doubles/Triples battles in the one I'm doing, as I favor Doubles and have fallen inlove with Triples as of late.
Black and White were far too easy and did not have enough Triples/Rotation battles. All my Gyms are Doubles/Triples and the E4 it's a mix of all battle styles (lvl 100) - The Champ is Triples (lvl 100) with maxed AI
biggrin.gif

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you made any progress? It would be amazing if we could at least have harder versions of the gym leaders.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
have you made any progress? It would be amazing if we could at least have harder versions of the gym leaders.
I have. I'm done.
Just can't find any info on how to repack the ROM properly.
The one I have prolly does work on other flashcarts, but I can't get it to work on my TTDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1