ModNation Racers or Blur?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by C175R, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers or Blur? by C175R at 8:35 AM (971 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    So I wana buy some racing game for My PS3 since I don't have many.
    the Blur trailer looks nice.
    and the demo of ModNation Racer was fun.
    So I really don't know which one to get. [​IMG]
    which one will you get?

Also does anyone know how do to get more items on Modnation Racers? is it gona be on the track out of nowhere?you buy it on the machine that was on the demo?or you just get it as a reward when you win?

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    ModNation Racers will probably be better in the long run with all the customizations...Blur might be fun for a few days but then will probably be put back on the shelf.

3. gameboy13

Member gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

United States
    Get Blur. For me.

4. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    If those are the options, ModNation Racers by a landslide. Blur gets really boring, really fast(if you're not initially bored that is). The title Blur sums up how I feel about the game. It all just blends in after a while, one moment no more interesting than another to the point that you wonder why you're even still playing.

Due to the simple fact of all the content you'll get in ModNation Racers, that's quite impossible. There will always be new tracks to race on, new mods on the track, different cars, etc. These combinations make each moment very unique from another. Even if you don't personally go in depth making stuff, other people will and you can always grab it.

That's my opinion anyways. mthrnite disagrees with my comments towards Blur. But I really don't know what he sees in that game.

EDIT:
    As far as getting content, there's a section for that, but you can't get to it from the demo. On the bright side, any content you make in the demo is supposed to be transferable to the full game, so if you make something you like you get to keep it.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    blur is going to be a sleeper hit
    its nice but compared to the mass of modnation racers and user created content, it just cant compete