ModMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jochendude, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011

ModMii by jochendude at 2:45 PM (1,993 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. jochendude
    OP

Newcomer jochendude Member

Belgium
    Just some quick questions:

Can i brick my wii using the ModMii ? Yes, i'm a noob [​IMG]
    If my wii is hacked, can i still play online ?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    If you're an idiot yes. In theory you shouldn't if you are able to follow instructions and actually know what you want. I can't vouch for it as I have never used it, seeing as it has a huge bunch of stuff I find unnecessary - all I need is HBC. I don't need crap like patched IOS or cIOS or WAD installers or "backup" loaders. But if thats the sort of thing you want, it'd probably be fine. Just do yourself a favour and research everything before installing it on your Wii, make sure that you ACTUALLY need what you're installing.

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes, but very unlikely. tested over an over to make sure it shouldn't happen. follow all directions.

yes.. i play mario kart allways online.

4. jochendude
    OP

Belgium
    I'm gonna use the wizard from ModMii just to be sure.

5. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Modmii cannot brink any wii. It is a windows program.

6. shortz1994

United States
    MODMII is a program ran by windows, to gather the files to mod wii.
    Yes. it can cause a brick if you mess with files or don't follow the directions. but then still that's not modmii's fault. it's yours. for not following the directions.

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    There has never been a reported brick after some used modmii. So even all the hundreds of noobs and idiots that used modmii still did not brick their wii from what modmii has created with files. Just use the wizard and follow all instructions in the generated guide exactly as it says.

Once of the first steps after getting HBC and bootmii installed is to make a nand backup. Do not skip that part.

8. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You contradict yourself in that statement.

9. jochendude
    OP

Belgium
    Can ModMii play iso files ? or only wbfs ?
    Or do i use a special program to transform iso to wbfs ?

10. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    Mod Mii is a PC program designed to hack your wiii

it can install a usb loader for you which can load discs and iso's, wbfs from a fat32 or NTFS formatted hard drive

11. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Dude you need to read up a little in the stickies...
    Modmii is not for use on your Wii.

It COLLECTS files for your convenience on your PC.
    With those files and the generated guide you can then hack your Wii.

YOU do not install modmii on your Wii ever. It's not a Wii program.

12. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    so NUSD became modmii ? or just part of modmii? i mean modmii is more than just the old NUSD right?
    like this wizard, that is new and was not included in NUSD right?

i have 1 question, and that is , i have an old wii so i know i can install bootmii on boot 2 and not as an ios ,and i am on an old menu , so can i mod my on an old menu ,and then update to the newest menu that added features,and wasnt just a security update?or will updating remove the HBC? and is there a way you can update without loosing the mods?
    and does the menu before the menu/s that require a game to to mod have all the usefull features as the newer menus?is the only difference security updates?
    i mean what is the best menu that i should be on that does not require a game to mod,as i am on a very onld menu and can pick which ever 1 i want right now,

i think the last thing they added was support for larger sd cards ,so does the menu before the menu thart requires a game to mod include the support for larger sd cards?

13. shortz1994

United States
    just run modmii wizard. tell it your wii is a virgin(never been hacked), it will then take you through all the steps. an will download every thing you need. with out doing an official update, an you will still have hbc. the only time you need a game is if your on 4.3.. any system menu before that then no. just download mod mii an you'll see the difference. mod mii is writen by the same dev that did nusd (xflak)

14. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    xFlak did not make NUSD. He made NUSAD (NUS Auto Downloader) which was the name of the early versions of Mod Mii. It just had the name changed at some point.

15. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    right but which menu will i be on then ? 4.2? do i have to update the memu to 4.2 before i mod if i want to be in 4.2 and have hbc? or can i mod on lower menu the updae to 4.2?
    and is there any difference between 4.2 and 4.3 besides security? does it add any useful features?
    i thought i read before the last thing they added was support for larger sd cards,but was that in 4.2 or 4,3 or earlier?
    im asking cause isnt it easier to mod the older menu that 4.2? & yes i know 4.3 needs a game
    but i just thought the procedure was easier with an old menu version
    or should i ust pdate to 4.2 or whatever the last menu to add features was and then mod from there?

16. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just do as shortz1994 said. Modmii will download all the lastest files for you. Since you are on an older system menu it will probably choose bannerbomb to (re)hack your wii with. when your going thru the modmii wizard when it asks you what system menu version you want to be on go no higher then 4.1. System menus 4.2 and 4.3 were strictly anti homebrew version.

As for the larger SDHC cards I think it was SM 4.0 that added that in. However the game exploit hacks do not work with the SDHC cards you need a smaller card thats 2gb or lower for those.