Modmii syscheck updater

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sock99, Jan 2, 2012.

Jan 2, 2012

Modmii syscheck updater by sock99 at 10:09 AM (2,192 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sock99
    OP

Newcomer sock99 Member

France
    Hi all,

I'm a bit rusty on all this but I'm still on 4.2E and I updated my Wii with Modmii 4.5.7 year or so ago. I have just used the new syscheck updater function in Modmii v5 to see what's out of date which gives this list:
    My question is why is it suggesting updating IOS70 - the version seems lower & I thought this was a key hacked system menu IOS - won't this just reinstall the old system menu and bork my Wii? Also, what's the IOS60 in brackets after each IOS update?

and here's my Syscheck v2.1 report in the spoiler:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    TIA,

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Since the last time u used ModMii a few changes have been made. The IOS70 modmii is asking u to install is really IOS60v6174 with patches and it's version # and slot # changed. This system menu IOS is superior to the one u are using now only because it will allow u to autoboot a disc to recover from specific kinds of bricks. Also, if your Wii used to be korean at one point and was region changed, the IOS u currently have installed would give u a 003 error\brick, but the one modmii is recommending u install now is safe even for korean region changed wii's (u don't need to care about that though since ur wii was never korean)

So basically whether u install it or not it won't make any noticeable difference to your softmod

1 person likes this.
  3. sock99
    OP

Newcomer sock99 Member

France
    Thanks for the quick reply Xflak.
    As everything is running fine for the moment, for once I think I'll try and contain my desire always to have the latest of everything. Thanks for all your hard work with the continuing Modmii development - a really valuable tool especially for those of us who don't follow the hacking scene so closely now.