martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the old files

cIOS249[57]-v19
cIOS250[38]-v19

The megaupload file for the new IOS249 to use IOS38 as base IOS. [WAD installation support]
IOS250 to use IOS57 as base IOS keeps timing out. Is there some where else I can get it?

How would I go about making the new changes to my wii that is already modded.

my email is [email protected]

CruDeLioS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'm trying to update my wii from a 3.3v2 with old hacks but I have a (probably dumb) question.

The guide says:

QUOTE said:
Run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then A to install them. It should say 23 files will be installed.

I don't quite get the guide. Do I press + in all of them and then A at the end, do I do it in two steps (select with + and press A initially only for IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v482.wad, then the same for all other wads), or do I just install them one-by-one?

Since this is a critical proccess, I'm better safe than sorry...

Thanks!

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yes.

you should use the complete softmod guide though because you have no idea how anything works.
Thanks. Just to double check, is the complete softmod guide supposed to work on non-virgin Wiis?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CruDeLioS said:
Hey everyone, I'm trying to update my wii from a 3.3v2 with old hacks but I have a (probably dumb) question.

The guide says:

QUOTE said:
Run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then A to install them. It should say 23 files will be installed.

I don't quite get the guide. Do I press + in all of them and then A at the end, do I do it in two steps (select with + and press A initially only for IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v482.wad, then the same for all other wads), or do I just install them one-by-one?

Since this is a critical proccess, I'm better safe than sorry...

Thanks!

Do it in 2 steps, the IOS70 and then System Menu first, and then you can do the rest (which arent 100% mandatory, but should be installed to update all your factory IOS), as you only need to ENSURE you have the correct SM and its relevant IOS so your Wii will still boot.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes

edit: mods, i know this is a "one word response" but that is all that was required to answer the question! Besides, now with this edit, its a lot longer than one word! So there
wink.gif
lol

CruDeLioS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C.S.I. said:
Do it in 2 steps, the IOS70 and then System Menu first, and then you can do the rest (which arent 100% mandatory, but should be installed to update all your factory IOS), as you only need to ENSURE you have the correct SM and its relevant IOS so your Wii will still boot.

Thanks
smile.gif

Alright, another dumb question: I already have the latest bootmii installed. Does the unnofficial upgrade to 4.2 also remove bootmii? Since the guide mentions the bootmii installation before and after the upgrade....

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CruDeLioS said:
I already have the latest bootmii installed. Does the unnofficial upgrade to 4.2 also remove bootmii? Since the guide mentions the bootmii installation before and after the upgrade....
no it does not touch boot2.

the guide mention installing bootmii twice because some people are already on 4.2, so they skip down to the modify 4.2 section, without installing bootmii during the update section.

so if you update to 4.2 via the guide, reinstalling bootmii isnt necessary.

+ even if you reinstall bootmii absolutely nothing will happen.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just used it again to hack another friend's Wii.
Bannerbomb wasn't working, so I used Smash Stack.
I'd recommend you give some alternatives to Bannerbomb, as virgin Wii hackers may not know wut to do if something doesn't work. Other than that, I still love this guide.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, it works perfect! I modded another friends wii just like bnwchbammer said above (bannerbomb worked for me). Everything went well, it was a brand new Black wii that came with 4.2.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the shop channel requires an update. I don't want to risk it removing the softmod or HBC of course so I found a wiki article on WiiSCU and I was wondering if this is the way to go...? What do you guys use?

Thanks if you can help out.

smelldonut

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smelldonut said:
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,
There are links to backup loaders at the end of the guide.
If you don't have any backup launchers it's obviously not going to launch backups.
Unless you did, then that'd a different problem that I don't think I can answer.

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sucessfully softmoded second wii thanks for the guide. one question, can u save force video setting on neogamma channel? tnx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...