TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
icpmattj said:
It's down to three apps right now

Hackmii installer(hbc,bootmii,dvdx)
Dop Ios Modv11(Restore Trucha/fake sign and delete ios stubs)
Wad Manager (Install cios,ios,system menu files needed)

I could see it getting down to two apps if someone incorporated wad manager into dop ios mod but i really don't see anyone adding the hackmii installer to any other program.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2502075

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I meant to say this guide has it down to three apps total.

I have seen that program before but i wonder why its not used in this guide instead of dop ios modv11?

dave_r_webber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a new Wii i just got for xmas and I was trying to install the softmod on it, everything was working fine while i got to the end. When trying to load the wiiflow the system just kinda shuts down, like the wiimote goes out of sync with the wii. this also happens with two different versions of wad manager and when trying to load ciosrev17. any suggestions on why these wont work??

jicarv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
veganjustice said:
jicarv said:
I was successful in modifying my friend's Wii using these instructions today. However, when I try to play Wii Sports through the regular Disc Channel I get "Wii System Update" instead of "Wii Sports" When I click on "Wii System Update," I get "in order to use this software, you must perform a Wii system update." The system software is already 4.2 so I don't understand. The only way to play Wii Sports or other games that I've purchased is through the Home Brew Channel - NeoGamma. I had modified my Wii in December and the Disc Channel on that one works fine for purchased games. Is there any way to fix this so purchased games can play through the disc channel? Thanks!

I'd recommend reading up on PriiLoader, as it has a feature to block system updates from legit games. Google it, search on this site, as it is everywhere. As far as I know, this is the only way. But I could be wrong.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks! I enabled blocking system updates for games in PriiLoader and that worked. The weird part is that on mi Wii that feature is disabled and Wii does not try to do system updates for games.

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right I updated my new Wii too 4.2e using the update option on the Wii have softmodded it and everything is working fine. Can anyone tell me if its safe to run the shoping channel as I have never had a look at it and have a few points to spend.

Thanks for the help.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
grant666uk said:
Right I updated my new Wii too 4.2e using the update option on the Wii have softmodded it and everything is working fine. Can anyone tell me if its safe to run the shoping channel as I have never had a look at it and have a few points to spend.

Thanks for the help.
Yes it's safe

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jicarv said:
veganjustice said:
jicarv said:
I was successful in modifying my friend's Wii using these instructions today. However, when I try to play Wii Sports through the regular Disc Channel I get "Wii System Update" instead of "Wii Sports" When I click on "Wii System Update," I get "in order to use this software, you must perform a Wii system update." The system software is already 4.2 so I don't understand. The only way to play Wii Sports or other games that I've purchased is through the Home Brew Channel - NeoGamma. I had modified my Wii in December and the Disc Channel on that one works fine for purchased games. Is there any way to fix this so purchased games can play through the disc channel? Thanks!

I'd recommend reading up on PriiLoader, as it has a feature to block system updates from legit games. Google it, search on this site, as it is everywhere. As far as I know, this is the only way. But I could be wrong.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks! I enabled blocking system updates for games in PriiLoader and that worked. The weird part is that on mi Wii that feature is disabled and Wii does not try to do system updates for games.

Good, I'm glad that worked.!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jicarv said:
a wii without a disable system menu update system menu hack will ONLY attempt to perform an update if the disc has any files (system menu's or IOSs) that have a newer rev # than the files that are currently installed on the wii.

So lets say you're playing the new super mario bros wii (the disc comes with a 4.1 update partition), on an a 4.1 wii, it wont prompt u to update (unless some of your ios' are outdated), but on a 4.0 wii or less it will.

Anyways, just use the system menu hack in either case just 2 be safe

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Why was it changed back to GP dop ios mod instead of dop ios mod v11?

Also it looks like its up to dop ios mod v11.4 now

I would also like to know why this was changed?? Is the GP Dop updated to v11 code base now?

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done a few mods before but this is my first 4.2U one. Have gone through the steps outlined in the guide on the first page, which worked without errors.

But every time i try to run waninkoko's cIOS installer regardless of version it locks up when i click A to install. Is there something i'm missing?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doctair said:
icpmattj said:

I would also like to know why this was changed?? Is the GP Dop updated to v11 code base now?
because this is the only dop-ios that allows you to install trucha in 1 run by just pressing A
and no one has really experienced any problems with it, unlike the updates that the new dop-ios mod has been causing.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
because this is the only dop-ios that allows you to install trucha in 1 run by just pressing A
and no one has really experienced any problems with it, unlike the updates that the new dop-ios mod has been causing.

You would think that people would quit calling it dop ios mod now seeing how they just add whatever program they want to dop ios mod.

It gets confusing.

A new app name needs to be made for anytime someone mods dop ios mod.

alexh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame this guide is not hosted on a Wiki or some page with a history. I'd really like to see what has changed between doing my Wii months ago and today.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install some IOS like 33,35,36,37,38,53,55,56 to play Wiiware games downloaded from the internet (install wad files to NAND)?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xzxero said:
Doctair said:
icpmattj said:

Now. Make sense.

Barmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've followed this guide in a kind of roundabout way - some programs didn't load on first attempt so I tried other things, some programs I was using were outdated and caused problems, etc - but here's basically what I've done so far:

- Installed HBC, and Bootmii to IOS using Hackmii and Bannerbomb
- Used Trucha Bug Restorer to hack the IOS36.
- Used Dop-IOS Mod v11.2 to delete Stub IOSs (I deleted all the stub IOSs it presented, which includes 249)
- Used Dop-IOS Mod v11.2 to install IOS70.

Now, however, when I try and use cIOS38r17 installer, it loads the wad and seemingly patches it okay, but ultimately the installation fails with the error "ret = -1035". I've read around and the suggested causes don't seem to match my case: IOS36 definitely has trucha (Dop-IOS says it already does when I select "Install IOS36 w/ Fakesign"), and when I try and delete any stubs with Dop it says it can't find their ticket and fails to delete them, suggesting I got rid of them the first time. But for some reason the cIOS Installer still fails, even though the 249 stub is gone and IOS36 is definitely patched.

I'm on a LU64+ Wii, 4.2E.

Any suggestions? I just want to try out the usb loaders.

edit: Okay, I've figured out the problem and I'm a little bit pissed actually. Apparently, someone has been screwing around with the Dop-IOS Mod linked to (and suggested) by the guide, and this has caused ALL my problems! When I started softmodding the console yesterday, the Dop link said "Dop-IOS Mod v11.2", however it actually LINKED to Dop-IOS Mod v11.4. v11.4 would not run on my Wii for some reason, forcing me to try the Trucha Bug Restorer instead. Then I realized that the guide's link was pointing to the wrong version of Dop, so I went hunting for v11.2 elsewhere. I tried this on my Wii, and it apparently worked. However, it was not deleting stub IOSs correctly for some reason (I must have just missed the "cannot find ticket" error the first time through). So I spent all day today racking my brains wondering why I couldn't install cIOS, thinking that my stubs had been deleted when in fact they hadn't. So this afternoon I went back to this guide and - lo and behold! - the Dop link has been changed to Dop-IOS Mod v11.1, and ACTUALLY links to v11.1 as well (!), and after trying this version of Dop I was able to properly delete my stubs and install the cIOS without a hitch.

So, yeah... A little annoyed that such an important part of the guide (Dop is "the powerful tool that we.. use", isn't it?) was put together incorrectly to start with (linking to a different Dop than it said it was), and was apparently both suggesting/linking to a version that doesn't seem to be properly working yet.

Still a great guide, but... frustrating.

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all...

So sorry if this has been answered or addressed numerous times.

The guide seems fairly straight forward but I have 2 questions.

1: See for the "Restoring The Trucha Bug" step, it says on page:

QUOTE said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug

Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 and start the stub removal process if any are installed.
What's confusing is the heading "Restoring The Trucha Bug" is highlighted to go to a seperate set of instructions here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

So do I simply follow the steps as above? Or do I follow any of the instructions on the linked page (I assume I don't need to use the NUS Downloader etc)?

2: Oh, and am I right in that I don't think I can install Priiloader until I install the fakesigned IOS's. I saw someone mention you can't install Priiloader until you complete the Trucha Bug step. Is this right? Would completing this not be risky without Priiloader installed. Let me know if this isn't the case and I can install Priiloader before the Trucha Bug step.

Many thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol