• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would just like to say thanks i had a pesky problem with my game saves, when i would back out my wii would freez. after updating with this pack i dont have that problem or any more for that matter.this was so easy i even let my 9 yr old do my wii .

@ oso108
u have to go down to that ios that fake signs(its not word for word but you press down )

O

Oso108

Thanks goku1980! I feel so stupid, I didnt even catch that! Now everything is set up properly! Thanks!!!

aray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful guide, was pretty easy for me to follow. The only thing I had trouble with was in GP DOP-IOS MOD how to select an IOS, it took me a while to figure out that it was just left/right to select a different one. I was thinking that it was a list and there was only one (wrong) choice! Silly me.

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ade said:
Since using this method, when my gf inserts the wii fit plus original disc it asks to update the system menu?

It's already on 4.2 so I do not understand? I would assume this is because I deleted other stub IOS files that I should not have that is looking for but cannot see?

Any help?

I used bootmii and put my wii back to 3.2e and then followed the instructions again, this time I just deleted IOS 222,223,249 and 250 when asked by DOP-IOS. I choose 'NO' to all the other stub IOS files.

This time when I put in my gfs wii fit plus disc it didn't ask for a system update, so the guide should really be updated to state that the above IOS files should only be removed, NOT all stub IOS files as it looks like some of the discs still check for them for whatever reason.

I also did the above again and did delete all the stub ios files and inserted the disc and let it do the system uodate, it went through it much quicker than it normally would and after that the disc channel worked again correctly and didn't remove any of the mods.

I hope the above info is useful for those suffering with the system update message when inserting original discs. The guide should really be updated to include that only the 222,223,249 and 250 stubs are removed so that problems with original discs can be averted.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay seriously, this is a little messed up here.

This is not the first time I've been using this guide, but it's the first time I am using it on a newer Wii that seems to have a new drive (so no disc loading) AND won't let me install bootmi in boot2.

I followed the instructions carefully, using the Cioscorp way, then found out that that was pointless and installed the CIOS files recommended for USB loading and ran the CIOSCORP uninstaller.

I installed bootmi as Ios. And Preloader.

Now when I turn on the Wii with a USB HDD plugged in, IT DOES NOT BOOT. It resumes the boot process immediatly after I unplug the HDD and I can plug it right back in and use it, but I HAVE to unplug it, otherwise the console won't boot.

I mean.. what? I read back 20 pages in this thread and couldn't find a similar issue.
Any ideas? Should I restart the guide from the beginning? Should I do something with bootmi? Can Preloader be the culrpit here (holding down RESET doesn't do anything - only when I unplug the USB device does the preloader menu come up)

In addition to that, USB loading is messed up completely. From 27 installed games on my trusty WBFS drive, 14(!) give me a Black Screen and freeze the console when I try to start them with USBLoaderGX or Configurable USB loader.

Now these games have been extracted and copied around a lot; they were working on a drive, I extracted them to my HDD with wbfs manager, then reformatted the drive and put them back on. I don't see why that would make them stop working (and its not the first time I'Ve done it).

What am I supposed to do here?! I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for what went wrong.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After testing the USB HDD with another modded Wii, it seems like all of those games somehow got corrupted during the copying process, so that's that.

What remains is the "Wii doesn't boot if I don't unplug the USB drive" issue.

Edit: When I uninstall priiloader, the console boots up just fine. But I need priiloader...

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What version of priiloader are you using?
I updated to v0.2 rev 46 and it solved similar issues to what you had, except that I don't use a usbloader(yet)

Also, what did you have in the priiloader settings of autoboot and return to?

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't enter the configuration page now. I modded with the previous guide. cIOS38 rev17 installer seems to be the culprit

can i just repeat the guide all over the beginning without problems? (when i did the guide the 1st time, it fixed the "can't enter config" semi-brick)

i am about to use this guide to revirginize the wii and start this modify guide from scratch. What would you recommend?

Last edited by sindrik,

iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched the forum(s), but cant seem to find the right search terms to get an answer to my issue...

Can someone give me some insight as to why several games stop working in Config USB Loader (and even USB Loader GX)? I've had numerous games, all working, no probs, then out of blue, we'll go to start up a game and it will get to the load screen and no longer boot....

I've had to delete it from my drive and re-backup the game. It gets annoying (happened about 8~10 times now)
and happened with 4 different games. These games have NOT been copied/recopied from drive to drive etc...

jet2230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed this guide and my black wii is now unusable. It does not even boot up properly - i followed all the steps correctly.

Can some1 please advice on how to recover my unbootable wii? When i turn it on I just see a black screen with numbers 4.2EU in bottom right corner of the screen. I got this problem after completing the last steps on this guide 'Enable System Menu Hacks'.

I have no idea what to do next, please help! i dont want to lose my black wii i just bought it a few days ago.

thanks.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jet2230 said:
longtom1 said:
go into priiloader(hold reset on boot) and disable recovery mode hack save and restart

thank you very much! worked!

you are a life saver my friend.
You're welcome m8 quite a few people have made the same mistake enabling all the hacks when only a few are needed

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything worked out perfectly, until I had to install Priiloader. When it was finished and I reseted my wii. I can't access my system menu? Good Thing I had my Boot2 backup. What can I do? I need to block Disc Updates??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)