veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
it's just that you have the 41-46 IOS's which are for Korean wii's

Alright, that answers my question. I didn't know that.

My cousing is using the pack as we speak, and he is getting an error when running the AnyTitleDeleter, on 202 saying it isn't present, this is his SignCheck.
Just so I'm correct in advising him further, he failed some of the Trucha Restore, right?
I've always been fine with softmodding in the past, but once 4.2 came out and the Trucha Restore needed to happen, I've been trying to catch up, didn't really have to since my Wii had no problems with it, but it seems a few of my friends and family are having some snags at these parts. Not all of them though, most we've got worked out.

Thanks

SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
Wii region Europe
Wii unique device id 124139881

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS202 (ver 4) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS70 (ver 6687) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (ver 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS57 (ver 5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS56 (ver 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3869) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 3351) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is there but it looks like it's hermes IOS202 not a stub

if you have trouble with dop-ios just use Trucha bug restorer(http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9333) instead http://completesg.freeforums.org/simplisti...rrent-t133.html modify 4.2 section

A few people have trouble with dop-ios not restoring the trucha bug and have to use TBR

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
it is there but it looks like it's hermes IOS202 not a stub

if you have trouble with dop-ios just use Trucha bug restorer(http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9333) instead http://completesg.freeforums.org/simplisti...rrent-t133.html modify 4.2 section

A few people have trouble with dop-ios not restoring the trucha bug and have to use TBR

That is the thing though, the pack I was pointing people to was the one when the TBR was apart of it, before DOP-IOS was part of it. Should I have em start the Modifying 4.2 over, where the dop-ios / tbr step would be and use DOP-IOS from the new pack instead of the TBR they were using?

If I was there, it'd be easier, but since I'm assisting over IRC and AIM/MSN, I'm trying my hardest not to f00k their stuff up. lol

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I followed this guide all the way threw... I have a brand new Wii. LU70 v 4.1u.... I updated to 4.2u... used the guide did everything and it did not work.... I don't know what to do... this guide is great and everything worked up to the part where I had to start installing Cios's and it didn't work... I could not install any wad's and now I can't uninstall the preloader or anything. What do I do... Please Help!!!!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
I followed this guide all the way threw... I have a brand new Wii. LU70 v 4.1u.... I updated to 4.2u... used the guide did everything and it did not work.... I don't know what to do... this guide is great and everything worked up to the part where I had to start installing Cios's and it didn't work... I could not install any wad's and now I can't uninstall the preloader or anything. What do I do... Please Help!!!!
could not install wad using wad manager 1.5? are you sure you use patched ios36 for wad manager to install wads?

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gweedee said:

So you finished the Restoring the Trucha Bug part, and now you are at the Installing cIOS part, correct?

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used everything that came in the modify.zip pack followed the guide all the way through... everything worked until I got to install Cios's and wads and stuff... then my Wii crashed... I tried to uninstall stuff that didn't work and then none of my games worked... so I updated my wii back to 4.2u and now I can't uninstall Bootmii or the preloader... and I don't know if I can restart the guide from the beginning without screwing anything else up......

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gweedee said:
I used everything that came in the modify.zip pack followed the guide all the way through... everything worked until I got to install Cios's and wads and stuff... then my Wii crashed... I tried to uninstall stuff that didn't work and then none of my games worked... so I updated my wii back to 4.2u and now I can't uninstall Bootmii or the preloader... and I don't know if I can restart the guide from the beginning without screwing anything else up......

Okay, when you got the Wii, you legit updated through Ninty, used the modify.zip, it crashed, so you started uninstalling stuff, with AnyTitleDeleter? Then you updated back to 4.2? What do you mean updated back to 4.2? How? You should stop touching it for a second before something bad happens. lol

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
veganjustice said:
Gweedee said:

Are you referring to the part where you run DOP-IOS?

You were able to install IOS's and Wads since you are now at 4.2u. Or did you legit update from Ninty then start with the pack.

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

I followed the guide to the end... but when I tried to install wad's and cios's I started getting errors.... nothing was working... I was able to install coverfloader but that would crash when I would try to use it... I was able to install usb loader gx... but that would crash to... then I couldn't install anything anymore...

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
veganjustice said:
Gweedee said:

Okay, when you got the Wii, you legit updated through Ninty, used the modify.zip, it crashed, so you started uninstalling stuff, with AnyTitleDeleter? Then you updated back to 4.2? What do you mean updated back to 4.2? How? You should stop touching it for a second before something bad happens. lol

I am new to this... so no I didn't not use any title deleter.... my Wii crashed hard... would not start... I would only get the preloader screen.... could not go to system menu.... none of my legal games would work... so I unistalled homebrew channel... and a the other wad's.... then it said that I could not play my games unless I updated my wii.... so I did that.... now I have an updated wii... and it always starts up with the preloader screen.... but I can't use any of the options.... I can only go to system menu... can't use bootmii because it says it does not detect the file..... soooooo....... ???????

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
I am new to this... so no I didn't not use any title deleter.... my Wii crashed hard... would not start... I would only get the preloader screen.... could not go to system menu.... none of my legal games would work... so I unistalled homebrew channel... and a the other wad's.... then it said that I could not play my games unless I updated my wii.... so I did that.... now I have an updated wii... and it always starts up with the preloader screen.... but I can't use any of the options.... I can only go to system menu... can't use bootmii because it says it does not detect the file..... soooooo....... ???????
sorry if i join in your discussion...you should start from the top, installing HBC then trucha patch ios36. it is a good thing you still have a working system menu.

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
Gweedee said:
sorry if i join in your discussion...you should start from the top, installing HBC then trucha patch ios36. it is a good thing you still have a working system menu.

I would 100% agree. It is a great thing you still have a working system menu. I would also start from the beginning. And if there is a problem this time, stop at that problem, and let us know, don't start deleting stuff, this is where you can really end up with a brick.

Also, you should get through everything before installing any extras like a disc/usb loader. I noticed you said it wouldn't work.

Let's start over, and let us know.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Bloodlust said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

Can someone explain the above? Just 1 step accomplishes the procedure of TBR?

Nobody knows? LOL.. I'll just stick to TBR...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Bloodlust said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

Can someone explain the above? Just 1 step accomplishes the procedure of TBR?

Nobody knows? LOL.. I'll just stick to TBR...

It's just one step now instead of restarting the app 3 times like TBR did it the app says open and it just proceeds to the next step.

You keep pushing A the whole time and thats it.

Used it yesterday on a wii and it worked fine.

xxwinexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's been ages since I've hacked a Wii. I haven't touched mine since I got it working originally. Long story short, my brother got a Wii and asked me to hack it. I've followed this guide and been running into problems.

First things first. I got to the section on making a NAND backup and was unsuccessful. Whenever I attempted to launch Bootmii from the Homebrew channel, I got a black screen and my Wii disc surrounding light would blink ever 1-2 seconds.

I ended up skipping that step and continuing to restore the Trucha bug. I was able to accomplish this. I was able to also load all the cIOSes that were suggested for using a backup loader.

After doing all of this, I restarted the Wii. When I attempted to go back in and admire my handiwork, I am unable to go into progress into WAD manager and load any of the channels I want to. WAD Manager 1.5 loads up, but when I attempt to select IOS249, it instantly freezes. Any idea on what I've done wrong, or what I should do to fix?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xxwinexx said:
So, it's been ages since I've hacked a Wii. I haven't touched mine since I got it working originally. Long story short, my brother got a Wii and asked me to hack it. I've followed this guide and been running into problems.

First things first. I got to the section on making a NAND backup and was unsuccessful. Whenever I attempted to launch Bootmii from the Homebrew channel, I got a black screen and my Wii disc surrounding light would blink ever 1-2 seconds.

I ended up skipping that step and continuing to restore the Trucha bug. I was able to accomplish this. I was able to also load all the cIOSes that were suggested for using a backup loader.

After doing all of this, I restarted the Wii. When I attempted to go back in and admire my handiwork, I am unable to go into progress into WAD manager and load any of the channels I want to. WAD Manager 1.5 loads up, but when I attempt to select IOS249, it instantly freezes. Any idea on what I've done wrong, or what I should do to fix?
you forgot to delete the stub IOS's

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
transam81 said:
X1pheR said:
I have priiloader, bootmii as ios and cioscorp v1 installed. do I have to do anything special before following the update & modify guide? And maybe anything during...?

Why not just update Cioscorp?
unsure.gif

Because I want to update to system menu 4.2E but just don't know how. Well I see how by using this guide but just don't know if I have to do anything special before or during the guide since I already have my Wii fully softmodded.

xflak40 said:
I have priiloader, bootmii as ios and cioscorp v1 installed. do I have to do anything special before following the update & modify guide? And maybe anything during...?

u may have to install a non-fakesigned ios (ios30 v1040 works) to run the hackmii installer

your homebrew channel may be upsidedown if u install the HBC before installing a non-fakesigned ios61
My Wii is already fully softmodded. I also already have HBC 1.06, USB Loader GX, CIOS38 waninkoko rev16, CIOS222/223 Hermes v4, etc.
Do I still need that non-fakesigned IOS30 in this case?

Also, if I uninstall cioscorp, do I need to do anything with my already intalled Priiloader and/or BootMii as IOS before/during following this guide?

p-bullet

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys, i need your help as the quide for update 3.x to 4.1 it doesn't work for me.

My wii is 3.4E

I have installed homebrew channel and boomii as ios.
I am trying to update to ver 4.1.Till the section of restore ios15 with trucha bug restorer evereything get well.
In the next step when i run drop ios mod and i am going into ios to setupe ios 60 v6174 i get back a network error.
It's trying to download from network files and cannot read the file on sd.
No option to load from sd.
The file is into the 3 sub folders as in the guide.

Please let me know if i do something wrong

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
veganjustice said:
razorback78 said:
Gweedee said:

I would 100% agree. It is a great thing you still have a working system menu. I would also start from the beginning. And if there is a problem this time, stop at that problem, and let us know, don't start deleting stuff, this is where you can really end up with a brick.

Also, you should get through everything before installing any extras like a disc/usb loader. I noticed you said it wouldn't work.

Let's start over, and let us know.

Ok... That's a big 10/4.... I will try again when I have some free time.... I will let you know when it starts to mess up and then maybe we can figure this out.... also I was wondering.... once you have the softmod working right..... can I still play my store bought games????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks