Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

DSPanther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
If you're having trouble restoring trucha on you wii have a look at this TBR steps video
This is how I remeber me doing it when modding my Wii. However, when trying to mod my brothers, the guide was updated with this new DOP-10 method. Did the TBR but when starting Wad Manager 1.5 to install the necessary cIOS's I get ERROR -2011! So something went wrong I guess. Would it be safe for me to do everything again exactly like in that video, or will that mess things up?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
DSPanther said:
longtom1 said:
If you're having trouble restoring trucha on you wii have a look at this TBR steps video
This is how I remeber me doing it when modding my Wii. However, when trying to mod my brothers, the guide was updated with this new DOP-10 method. Did the TBR but when starting Wad Manager 1.5 to install the necessary cIOS's I get ERROR -2011! So something went wrong I guess. Would it be safe for me to do everything again exactly like in that video, or will that mess things up?

I have the same problem with the dop ios:

I got to the stubbing bit using dop ios for ios36 and was only offered stubbs like ios4, there was no hint of 249,250,222
etc and i have previously had a softmod to 4.1 pre updating to 4.2. Dop ios would not let me see a list of ios/stubbed ios's so i tried using two different versions of anytitle deleter
BOTH versions of anytitle deleters say:

"Informing the wii that i am god... Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017"

a posts by provided by 'tj_cool' (page267 Post #3999) which i followed but to no avail as when i get to the step for
'Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS' and when i try and install cios 222,223,250,249 etc by putting a + on them i get this error:

[+] opening "cios250-v14.wad", please wait...

[+] Installing WAD. please wait...
>> Installing ticket... ERROR (ret = -2011)

Should i re-follow tj_cool's post on page267 Post #3999 ??

OR use a separate version of TBR (place in my apps folder) ?

What is the current version of tbr that would be relevant to this guide? Should i get it from Wiipower's page?

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PM me a copy of the old guide prior to the last change? I am sure its floating out there somewhere but I am unable to locate it. This would be the version that had instructions for the downgrade back to 4.1.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
thewiiman said:
Can someone PM me a copy of the old guide prior to the last change? I am sure its floating out there somewhere but I am unable to locate it. This would be the version that had instructions for the downgrade back to 4.1.

Me too please! I give up on this current guide for the moment and I still have a one week old update.zip & modify.zip for PAL and would also like to get hold of the old guide or one that was within the last week if possible!

Thanks
smile.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the guide is exactly the same but you use different apps instead of dop-ios mod

TBR(1.1 or 1.1mod) for the first part TBR steps

any title deleterDB(using IOS36) to delete stub IOS's 222, 223,249 and 250

and wad manager 1.5(using IOS36) to install cIOS's rev14, 15, 16 and hermes 202, 222 and 223

xtrahuge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problems:

I am running into a problem in the Restoring the Trucha Bug part.

Here are the instructions:

CODERestoring the Trucha Bug
Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Press B to choose no IOS reload.
Choose Downgrade IOS15.
Choose load IOS from SD.
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install a patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Proceed to choose IOS36 back on the first menu.
Press A to start the stub removal process.
Press home to head back to the Homebrew Channel.

First on the "Downgrade IOS15" part, it never says press 1. It does say load from SD twice. After I do that the option is to press A and it drops me back to the Homebrew channel. I re-enter the DOP-IOS MOD v10, go to the IOS36 menu, make the changes and select load from SD. Basically at the end it says loading IOS36 failed because I have to use an IOS with the trucha bug and that is what the downgrade to IOS15 is for, but that is what I just did.

What am I doing wrong?

xtrahuge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
instead of load from sd you press right on the wiimote and press A on load form NUS

The IOS15 downgrade still seems to fail. Load from NUS the first time (works) 2nd time it starts but then sends back to the Homebrew.

What is another option?

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtrahuge said:
longtom1 said:
instead of load from sd you press right on the wiimote and press A on load form NUS

The IOS15 downgrade still seems to fail. Load from NUS the first time (works) 2nd time it starts but then sends back to the Homebrew.

What is another option?

It failed for me too. Luckily I had an older copy of the modify.zip and was able to follow the old instructions thanks to a fellow GBA'er and it worked like I champ.

For what its worth, the new instructions do not follow the screen prompts with the TBR. Other then that issue, still the best guide out there.

xtrahuge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, TBR is still not working either. The downgrade seems to succeed (it says it does), but the patching IOS36 still fails. I up for suggestions.

midgetone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im stuck i gave got the homebrew done and i downgraded the ios15 but when i go to pick the ios36 it just says that it cant find the files help please ?

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtrahuge said:
Yeah, TBR is still not working either. The downgrade seems to succeed (it says it does), but the patching IOS36 still fails. I up for suggestions.

Here's the instructions from the old guide. These worked for me and might help you in using the new guide.

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
*If you get stuck on the first Trucha bug Restorer step, restart your Wii and try again at least twice.
**If your it still freezes, try to skip the 3 TBR steps completely as there is a chance it will work!

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install patched IOS36.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter MOD
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.
*If any IOS listed above is not there, check the other pages. If it's still not there, do not worry about it & move along with the guide.
** If it is not deleting, you did not patch IOS36 correctly. Go back.

druid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again using load from NUS in place of SD card but still ran into problems. Luckily I found an old copy of modify.zip from the previous guide an used it without problems.

The old saying of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply.

Good luck to everyone else.
"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__