Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
"Update to 4.2" step

"Updating your Wii" sub-step

Unable to launch Wad Manager 1.5 for some reason. I'm getting solid black when I launch it. I can launch other apps, and before re-installing the Homebrew channel for this process, I was able to launch 1.5 before. It won't launch even with my old card which I used prior. Wad Manager 1.3 does load using the installed channel. A quick reply to point me to something to try would be nice so that I don't mess anything up.

Edit: Repeating those first steps exactly, and it's stilllll getting stuck.
frown.gif
If there's someone really good at this, can they contact me and maybe work through everything? I'm having no luck getting Wad Manager 1.5 to launch now and it worked before reinstalling the Homebrew Channel. o.o

Edit2: After trying 6 or 7 times to launch it while sitting here, it managed to decide to finally work. Making a NAND backup before starting the dangerous part, here.

Edit3: NAND Backup is done, but now the damned thing is not loading the Homebrew channel again. O.o Seriously, what the heck? Tried another 5 times already.

Edit4: It loaded -right- after I complained via a post. From that point on, zero problems. Awesome guide. Been putting this off for ages because it's generally so hard to get the resources in the right locations.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would try re-downloading your boot.dol for wad manager, if it still wont load, look into this mod of wad manager. I suspect that your wad manager on your sd card somehow got currupted, as I can't think of any other explanation for your symptoms

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170430

EDIT: nvm, u got it working, I would still download the folder mod, its waaaaaaaaaaay better than the standard wad manager 1.5

Genis200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the guide, but I have a problem. When I run Any Title Deleter MOD or WAD Manager 1.5, my Wii Remote isn't detected, and I can't choose any options.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try hitting a button ONCE, wait for 5-10 seconds, then hit another button ONCE etc. until you get the main menu

On my wii, i continuously hit A to disable nand emulation, choose ios249, and choose the sd slot... so i was hitting the A button 5 times a second, and it worked fine. When I did the same thing on my friends wii, his wiimote lost sync, but if I paused for a long time between hitting A, it would stay synced... its a long shot... but it gives u something to try

If it still doesn't work, plug in a gamecube controller and hope for the best (not sure if ATD supports it)

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad when i did the mod with xzxeros guide I only got one code dump with tbr and everything else worked perfect! why the hell are some wii's such a pain and others just mod with no problem?

dragon_168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will this work on serial number # LUA72xxx? something about this unable to play backup disk. can someone confirm with this serial number?

ryaniwngnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be added into the tutorial for modifying 4.2.
make sure u are using the correct version of bannerbomb (v1 if on 4.1 and under, v2 if on 4.2)

make sure u launch v1 via "Settings> Data Management> Channels>SD Card"

launch v2 via the sd card button on the main system menu

make sure that the only channel saved to your private folder is bannerbomb (in other words, move or rename your personal 'private' folder with any saves before copying bannerbomb to your sd card

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Following the tutorial, I cannot install BootMii as Boot2 because my wii is one of the newer ones and does not have the bug in Boot1 to allow me to.

All I want is a backup loader and just to be sure I am following this correctly I was wondering or confirming.
I need to complete the tutorial by installing bootmii as an IOS, and HBC, then I can proceed to installing the backup loader correct?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeedds said:
I'm glad when i did the mod with xzxeros guide I only got one code dump with tbr and everything else worked perfect! why the hell are some wii's such a pain and others just mod with no problem?
I was thinking maybe it was where the bad nand blocks were located, or how the wii was updated. There are so many different varialbles.

dragon_168 said:
will this work on serial number # LUA72xxx? something about this unable to play backup disk. can someone confirm with this serial number?
go through the tutorial and you'll find out if you can play backups. If not there is always that wonderful Configurable USB Loader.

QUOTE(DarkBahamut7 @ Dec 4 2009, 06:53 PM)
Hey. Following the tutorial, I cannot install BootMii as Boot2 because my wii is one of the newer ones and does not have the bug in Boot1 to allow me to.

All I want is a backup loader and just to be sure I am following this correctly I was wondering or confirming.
I need to complete the tutorial by installing bootmii as an IOS, and HBC, then I can proceed to installing the backup loader correct?
You have to go through the modify before you can run a backup loader because it would be using cIOS 249, or cIOS 250
grog.gif

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
You have to go through the modify before you can run a backup loader because it would be using cIOS 249, or cIOS 250
grog.gif
So, I have to complete Restoring the Trucha Bug? are there any possible risks in doing this?

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
One question...

Does this modification allow for PAL ISO's to be played on it?
I need to know so I don't waste time downloading them...

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
rontonimo said:
grog.gif

So, I have to complete Restoring the Trucha Bug? are there any possible risks in doing this?

You can't move forward with anything without that special BUG. You will have Home Brew, and HB Browser but you won't be able to play backups, VC/Wiiware USB/External HD.

QUOTE(Clark Kent @ Dec 4 2009, 10:13 PM)
One question...

Does this modification allow for PAL ISO's to be played on it?
I need to know so I don't waste time downloading them...
If you are playing from a USB loader it doesn't matter, at least that is what I read from someone who has a 1000+ posts more than me. I think the hacks.ini file should take care of that to.

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
You can't move forward with anything without that special BUG. You will have Home Brew, and HB Browser but you won't be able to play backups, VC/Wiiware USB/External HD.

are there any possible risks in doing this? like getting bricked or even worse?

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC89 said:
aiden.22 said:
TeenTin said:
aiden.22 said:
I need some help. This has been happening even before 4.2U

So I had my wii modified to 4.0u and had the HBC, able to boot burnt dvds, etc. everything was working fine

Bought NSMBWii and wasn't able to play it and couldn't update the soft modded wii

Long story short, i reformatted my wii and updated it to 4.2U and lost all the modified content, whatever.

Then i found this forum to modify the wii 4.2 so i gave it a try

Downloaded the package to modify a 4.2 wii and put it on my sd card and was able to load the Bannerbomb but as soon as it goes to the page, i get the 'no known vulnerable IOS found on this wii" message

jgps2h.jpg

I followed the instructions for modifying the wii 4.2 and even printed out the instructions.

anyone help??? thanks

Do online official update first.

Already did. I formatted the memory, updated to the official then went through the guide.

Just delete ios30 with anytitle deleter and then reinstall ios30 with dop-ios mod. It'l work.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Dec 3 2009, 08:58 AM)
I'm sure the next cioscorp will address that no vulerable IOS issue.

So does that mean i just have to wait till there's an update to the guide so i can modify my wii?

sorry for being a newb

Pepelusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i just got my Wii, it came with a d2pro chip, if i install this update in my wii it will still use my modchip? Or i'll just be able to play it by softmods?

Thanks in advance.

sskiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error -2011 (trucha bug is missing) when getting to this step.

Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install patched IOS36.
--> ERROR

emen26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question,

When I run WAD Manager 1.5 and try to install the 6 WADs, I can only install the last two or three. The first couple are listed, but there is no size listed. When I try to install them i just get an error, and the WAD is not installed. When I check back on my PC at the size of the WAD filed they seem to be intact. Is there a different place I can download these at? I have unzipped the folder a couples of times now and replaced files as well as downloading to zip file a couple times.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for this guide as well.

buffalo72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know why the "INVISIBLE LINK" file is temporarily unavailable? I need to udate my firmware to 4.2 but my internet is down at the mo.

Pepelusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffalo72 said:
Anyone know why the THERE WAS A LINK HERE, IT'S GONE NOW file is temporarily unavailable? I need to udate my firmware to 4.2 but my internet is down at the mo.

It's working here. Try again.
If it continues it could be a proxy problem, or DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto