• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your guide zero! All went smooth on my third wii and even better this method is totally offline with easy to install wads. You can't beat that with a bat! Thanks again!!!

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question....

Is the SD card a permanent fixture or can you transfer the files stored on SD to usb
So HBC and Mplayer wads forwarders etc can be run from a FAT folder on my HDD.
so I can rest assured the SD will not go missing.

Thanks guys.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
Quick question....

Is the SD card a permanent fixture or can you transfer the files stored on SD to usb

Thanks guys.

i copied the apps and the cfg usbloader folders to my fat partition of my hdd and my wii works perfect without the sd card

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zeedds said:
johneem said:
Quick question....

Thanks guys.

i copied the apps and the cfg usbloader folders to my fat partition of my hdd and my wii works perfect without the sd card

Thanks will try that !!
smile.gif

ttttttrrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I followed your amazing guide and it working graet, but I want to uninstall the Preloader .30. How do I do it? And will it block me from playing via USB loader gx?

kenofthedead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to get the update.zip from [email protected] for my friend's North American 3.4 Wii. Unfortunately none of the four emails tried by myself or my friend have gotten a response over this past month.

Is there another way to get this update.zip?

Myoview

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just another question, is it normal that when I turn on my wii it shows the preloader menu (white menu) with the different options (where I previously had to make sure the preloader was set as cIOS70)? When I hit system menu, then it brings me to the wii menu so everything is fine, but was just wondering if it was the normal process.

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myoview said:
Just another question, is it normal that when I turn on my wii it shows the preloader menu (white menu) with the different options (where I previously had to make sure the preloader was set as cIOS70)? When I hit system menu, then it brings me to the wii menu so everything is fine, but was just wondering if it was the normal process.

check your settings you must have it set to boot to preloader rather than the system menu

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Myoview said:
Yes it's normal. By default preloader is set to boot before the System Menu. You can change that by going to settings in preloader and setting boot and restart to System Menu. Be sure to save the settings. Now every time you turn on your Wii it will go to System Menu. To get to Preloader hold reset while starting up.

st90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok having a problem following the giude I did 2 wii's already with your guild now I updated wii from nintendo then installed homebrew, dvdx, bootmii2
downgraded ios15 did ios 36 now i get black screen when i load trucha bug restorer so i cant restore ios 15. any ideas also on another wii i can load anything but homebrew without getting a black screen.

edit: ok fixed first problem i had to reset and load homebrew from bootmii to make it work. still runninginto problems on another wii where i get black screen or freezing when loading any homebrew channels

edit2: I finished mod now all homebrew freezes except hombrew channel.

also awhile back i had a wii that wouldn't install homebrew now that i have a modchip how can i installl homebrew and update all of my ios's to remove cioscorp

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you! It works ^^ But I have one problem. Tried to install Preloader .30, but getting "aborting mission” error. I'm not sure what I need to do? And because it is optional I'm not sure if I need to install it. And Bootmii is installed IOS & boot2.

Now need to learn how to do things my "new" Wii
happy.gif

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
tpformbh said:
Hi, I've followed your guide to modify my wii which was on 4.2. However, i've just tried to get to the shop channel, and it's asking me to do a system update?

I thought i was already on the latest version? Anyway, what's going to happen if I let it run? Will I undo all my good work in getting gamma loader on there?

iamtek7 said:
QUOTE(tpformbh @ Nov 19 2009, 06:40 PM) Hi, I've followed your guide to modify my wii which was on 4.2. However, i've just tried to get to the shop channel, and it's asking me to do a system update?

I thought i was already on the latest version? Anyway, what's going to happen if I let it run? Will I undo all my good work in getting gamma loader on there?

I had the same thing happen and what I read (** AND what WORKED) was to DISABLE disc updates in PreLoader...
That might work but there really is an update for the Shop Channel. Use WiiSCU 0.23 to update to Shop Channel v18. You do have the latest System Menu but Nintendo was try to remove hacks again with the Shop Channel update.

This man's right, I found out through impatience and a bootmii recovery later i'm back where I started. Took ages to do the update so it must have overwritten pretty much everything. Will look at that WiISCU tonight, though i've got 500 points on there and nothing I actually want.

Just had a quick read of the readme, I take it there's an option to just update the shop channel, i don't need or want any IOS61 updates right?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tpformbh said:
This man's right, I found out through impatience and a bootmii recovery later i'm back where I started. Took ages to do the update so it must have overwritten pretty much everything. Will look at that WiISCU tonight, though i've got 500 points on there and nothing I actually want.

Just had a quick read of the readme, I take it there's an option to just update the shop channel, i don't need or want any IOS61 updates right?
Yeah even though I have all and more games than VC NES offers, I decided to get Super Mario Bros. 3 just for the hell of it. And yes, there's an option to update just the Shop Channel.

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
asheam said:
Hey, was following the guide. Went through the first steps, of "update to 4.2" installed the hbc bootmii as ios and boot2, all the ios files and shop channel. Turned it off, took the sd card out and put the modify.zip files on it. Then when turning the wii on again nothing happens. wii turns on, tries to read a disk but no signal is sent to the tv at all. Nothing comes up at all, with the sd card in or out.

Any help... cheers.. Wii was 3.2 or 3.4 PAL and had had hbc on it before.

(EDIT) On second thoughts looking through i might of installed v480 as well as v482??

System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Should i be able to get it running again with boot mii or what?
The same thing happened to me, I BRICKED MY WII. The problem is that when u finished with UPDATE 4.2 u are not supposed to TURN OFF your wii . The only thing that can help you now is NINTENDO REPAIR SERVICE . I receive my Wii back today ( they are really fast) , i went to the store 11-november got it back today 20-november and they dindt charge me nothing , maybe cause mine was 5 day old. Im really sorry for you

anark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero Thanks for the guide!!! Everything worked OK from the first to the final step. I just had one question. I noticed that you edited your original post. What was added/changed?

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Zane said:
Having some problems, ran the update to 4.2 without problems, put the modify files on my sd card, but when i click the SD Card tab, to start the elf file, the whole Wii just keeps freezing.

Zane, try and insert the sd card after you pushed the sd card card button, same thing happened for me.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It froze anyway. =( Whatever the problem is, it's on the SD card, i noticed i had 3 WAD files lying at the root of the card, are they supposed to be there? Seeing as all the others are in it's own WAD folder.

EDIT: I'm so stupid, all i had to do was click the SD card in the main menu, i tried to go through channels again, and that's were it froze! xD

EDIT2: Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, & keys.bin elsewhere & erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

I did this part, but now i can't access anything on the card through the HBC, am i supposed to keep the Bootmii folder on the card?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TO XZXERO, PLEASE READ THIS,,, Hi there, i wanna thank u for your effort to make the guide for Update our Wii offline to 4.2. SOME PEOPLE LIKE ME HAVE BRICKED THEIR WII (look post 2478 on page 166) cause on ur guide when u finished UPDATE 4.2 we are supposed to erase everything on the SD card and put all the files from Modify 4.2. Thats ok, but i think u should have mentioned that when we finished UPDATE 4.2 , WE ARE NO SUPPOSED TO TURN OUR WII OFF to take the SD card , i did that and ended up bricking my WII, the same way user on post 2478 bricked his WII , or im missing something here???? I got my WII back today from Nintendo repair service and i whant to follow ur guide cause i have no wireless access point , but i DONT WHANT TO BRICK MY WII AGAIN . Look at page 146 post 2182 where i quoted u .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1