• Total voters

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
johneem said:
Kingc said:
Johneem: I think I got the same error as you (the -2). The problem for me was the SD card, and more spesifically the "write protection"...So i played around a bit with the tiny lock switch, and...voilla! Bootmii would install...

Have you tried with another SD card?
smile.gif

will try that, I'm in the process of virginizing my wii
smile.gif

thanks

All sorted and happy - a truly remarkable guide and some great help from Kingc, thank u I would have never spotted the write protection.

Got my 3rd Wii up and running
smile.gif
HAPPY CHAPPIE

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30
** Priiloader rev15 is newest version

get to that bit,dowloaded priiloder form the link and replaced old one,,,still get the same error,wii on 4.2...all went fine upto then

thanks

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tripwire said:
hi guys

i followed this guide and everything went well untill i needed to install the ios249-14 (CIOS rev14). I tryed 3 different sd card and a usb stick to try and install it but i keep getting : Error ret = -1350. Also when i use trucha bug restorer 1.1 when i use the second step i get a error and i see allot of code on the screen(like a code dump) and i need to turn the whole wii off to just get trucha bug restorer 1.1 running again. Anyone can help me with this annoying problem?

Code dumps are no problem, when i was doing the guide i got a codedump twice at the same step but then it worked after i kept trying. When you get a code dump you dont have to force off your wii. just hit the reset button and itll reload back to the homebrew channel. hope this helps. gl
smile.gif

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Homebrew Ninja said:
Tripwire said:
hi guys

i followed this guide and everything went well untill i needed to install the ios249-14 (CIOS rev14). I tryed 3 different sd card and a usb stick to try and install it but i keep getting : Error ret = -1350. Also when i use trucha bug restorer 1.1 when i use the second step i get a error and i see allot of code on the screen(like a code dump) and i need to turn the whole wii off to just get trucha bug restorer 1.1 running again. Anyone can help me with this annoying problem?

Code dumps are no problem, when i was doing the guide i got a codedump twice at the same step but then it worked after i kept trying. When you get a code dump you dont have to force off your wii. just hit the reset button and itll reload back to the homebrew channel. hope this helps. gl
smile.gif

When i reset my wii and then try trucha bug restorer 1.1 i still get the code dump i only get a step further if i turn my wii off an on. But that doesn't help me get past the ret = -1035 error when i try to install cios rev14

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tripwire said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
Tripwire said:
hi guys

smile.gif

When i reset my wii and then try trucha bug restorer 1.1 i still get the code dump i only get a step further if i turn my wii off an on. But that doesn't help me get past the ret = -1035 error when i try to install cios rev14

Same problem here, mate.
I've been advised by Xzxero that if you get dumps or error trying to restore ios15 is not a prob.
But trying to blow out 249 to revise is also a prob for me. b/c like you, I want to get the latest revs. Nothing but -1350 error.

Did you have a previous cIOS installed? I had cIOS36. I wonder if this is part of the issue?

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii knee said:
Tripwire said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
Tripwire said:
hi guys

smile.gif

Same problem here, mate.
I've been advised by Xzxero that if you get dumps or error trying to restore ios15 is not a prob.
But trying to blow out 249 to revise is also a prob for me. b/c like you, I want to get the latest revs. Nothing but -1350 error.

Did you have a previous cIOS installed? I had cIOS36. I wonder if this is part of the issue?

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?

Uhm the Wii is from a friend, he had a backuploader running i gues there was a cios installed but i installed System menu 4.2 so every modified Cios must be deleted by the update.
I tryed the Cios rev 15 (doesn't work), Cioes rev 14 (doesn't work). I tryed the installer for Cios 14 from waninko installing it to ios36 everything went well except te cios install (ofcourse).

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Tripwire said:
Uhm the Wii is from a friend, he had a backuploader running i gues there was a cios installed but i installed System menu 4.2 so every modified Cios must be deleted by the update.
I tryed the Cios rev 15 (doesn't work), Cioes rev 14 (doesn't work). I tryed the installer for Cios 14 from waninko installing it to ios36 everything went well except te cios install (ofcourse).

you dont have the trucha bug enabled on your wii.
use Trucha bug restorer to patch ios36 and then use the patched ios36 to install cios38 rev14. rev15 shouldnt even be considered.

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vegemikee said:
Tripwire said:

you dont have the trucha bug enabled on your wii.
use Trucha bug restorer to patch ios36 and then use the patched ios36 to install cios38 rev14. rev15 shouldnt even be considered.

I did the trucha bug now like 5 or 6 times and still get the error i reformatted all my sd cards an still doesn't work

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, first off, thanks for that guide, even though I haven't tried it out yet, but here comes why.
I am totally confused about what I need to install or do with my already softmodded 3.2 Wii.
Since I haven't done anything regarding hacking on my console for months, I am not up to date, even though I followed the news, releases etc.
What I wonder about is if I can stick with 3.2 firmware or if now there is no point in that anymore since there are no disadvantages/drawbacks in updating to 4.2 (like not being able to run this or that).
When I first softmodded my console, I used the Twilight Hack which, I know, doesn't work with the newer firmware versions anymore. But I see, there are a couple of other exploits which basically seem to do the same thing.
Anyway, I would like to know if I can simply update the installed homebrew apps, backup launchers etc. (so far I haven't installed any of the USB/SD launchers - I am still on the old NeoGamma and SoftChip releases) or if it is necessary to go back to a virgin console (if so, how is the easiest way to get rid of all installed software and traces?) and start over with the softmodding?
I am just curious if there is any risk of bricking my Wii from updating to the latest homebrew apps, softmod method and firmware or if I need to be on 4.2 in order to play the latest games on my softmodded console, because I've seen that there are also more sophisticated solutions from big N in order to prevent playing backups like the NSMBWii shows.
So it would be really cool if someone could enlighten me and tell me what I need to do and what's not necessary for me to be up to date again with softmodding.
Thanks in advance, guys!

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyman said:
Hey everyone, first off, thanks for that guide, even though I haven't tried it out yet, but here comes why.
I am totally confused about what I need to install or do with my already softmodded 3.2 Wii.
Since I haven't done anything regarding hacking on my console for months, I am not up to date, even though I followed the news, releases etc.
What I wonder about is if I can stick with 3.2 firmware or if now there is no point in that anymore since there are no disadvantages/drawbacks in updating to 4.2 (like not being able to run this or that).
When I first softmodded my console, I used the Twilight Hack which, I know, doesn't work with the newer firmware versions anymore. But I see, there are a couple of other exploits which basically seem to do the same thing.
Anyway, I would like to know if I can simply update the installed homebrew apps, backup launchers etc. (so far I haven't installed any of the USB/SD launchers - I am still on the old NeoGamma and SoftChip releases) or if it is necessary to go back to a virgin console (if so, how is the easiest way to get rid of all installed software and traces?) and start over with the softmodding?
I am just curious if there is any risk of bricking my Wii from updating to the latest homebrew apps, softmod method and firmware or if I need to be on 4.2 in order to play the latest games on my softmodded console, because I've seen that there are also more sophisticated solutions from big N in order to prevent playing backups like the NSMBWii shows.
So it would be really cool if someone could enlighten me and tell me what I need to do and what's not necessary for me to be up to date again with softmodding.
Thanks in advance, guys!

I came back to the Wii Hacking scene a few weeks back in pretty much the same senario as yourself, i'd previously been on 3.2e with HBC, preloader 0.26, CiosCORPS etc from the Softmii days (sorry to mention that name on here
tongue.gif
) so i followed this guide step by step and am now happily on 4.2e with all the latest Homebrew this excellent guide has to offer, as for the update part i did the online Ninty update (not always advised but i had no issues) and i've had no issues, i've even done it with 2 friends Wii's in the same way and so far so good, for the latest releases id recommend this upgrade!

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tripwire said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
Tripwire said:
hi guys

smile.gif

I was getting the same code dump error on my friends wii, someone suggested using TBR MOD as a fix, personally it worked for me when i reconnected the wii to the wireless, i'd tried 9/10 times b4 this but got the same "Exception Occurred" code dump, so i rebooted the wii, connected to my wifi and ran it again and it worked
biggrin.gif
whether or not it was a coincidence i'm not sure but this was the only thing different to the last 10 times i attempted it

Celtic Redemptio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, followed your guide, everything went perfectly. Except when i started with the truchabug thing on IOS 15, suddenly my Homebrew channel is upside down!! It didn't mention it anywhere in the guide, but it thought it might just go away after completing it, i succesfully completed the guide, but Homebrew channel is still upside down. Do i just reinstall it or something?.. or is there something else i should do?

iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Guide! Thanks!

But small issue for me...

Background of my issue: BootMii - boot2, have ver 4.2U. Followed all steps as outlined, ZERO issues or Errors until PreLoader section.

I received the ”aborting mission” error..

The instructions state to use the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol in the ...phpgeek folder but isnt this DOL not already attempting to be used..? The hacks.ini files also appear identical in root & phpgeek locations.

I undertand I need to use 0.29-jodi prior to.30, but if Im already attempting .29-jodi and get the "aborting mission" what to do...? Have I missed something....

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iamtek7 said:
Great Guide! Thanks!

But small issue for me...

Background of my issue: BootMii - boot2, have ver 4.2U. Followed all steps as outlined, ZERO issues or Errors until PreLoader section.

I received the ”aborting mission” error..

The instructions state to use the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol in the ...phpgeek folder but isnt this DOL not already attempting to be used..? The hacks.ini files also appear identical in root & phpgeek locations.

I undertand I need to use 0.29-jodi prior to.30, but if Im already attempting .29-jodi and get the "aborting mission" what to do...? Have I missed something....
no the boot.dol is always the one being launched.
rename it to boot.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far