• Total voters

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys!

I updated my virgin Wii from 4.0u to 4.2U from the official Nintendo site and follow the guide to do softmod.
Everything went pretty smoothly until 'Enable System Menu Hacks"

I couldnt use the Preloader as it throws me some errors.....I went to install Priiloader instead....it was successful.

However, now whenever my Wii starts, it will go to the Priiloader Menu and not to the Wii System Menu....I can access to all the Priiloader menu items such as HBC, BootMii IOS, Load/Install File etc etc....

How do I get back my system menu when my Wii boots?
This is my first attempt to softmod a Wii and I do not want to brick it by doing silly and unverified things. I read somewhere that I can re-install the System Menu Wad, but where do I get that Wad and how do I do that?

Any help from all the experts here is much appreciated.!

Thanks
Wii_Kid

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii_kid said:
Hi guys!

I updated my virgin Wii from 4.0u to 4.2U from the official Nintendo site and follow the guide to do softmod.

I couldnt use the Preloader as it throws me some errors.....I went to install Priiloader instead....it was successful.

However, now whenever my Wii starts, it will go to the Priiloader Menu and not to the Wii System Menu....I can access to all the Priiloader menu items such as HBC, BootMii IOS, Load/Install File etc etc....

This is my first attempt to softmod a Wii and I do not want to brick it by doing silly and unverified things. I read somewhere that I can re-install the System Menu Wad, but where do I get that Wad and how do I do that?

Thanks
Wii_Kid
You didn't lose your System Menu. Your Priiloader screen should look like this:
priiloader1.png

The first option you should see is System Menu. Just press A. If you want it to autoboot to the System Menu, go to Settings and change boot and restart to System Menu. To access Priiloader with autoboot on, hold Reset while starting up.

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:
Hi guys!

Thanks
Wii_Kid
priiloader1.png

The first option you should see is System Menu. Just press A. If you want it to autoboot to the System Menu, go to Settings and change boot and restart to System Menu. To access Priiloader with autoboot on, hold Reset while starting up.

phil454

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to follow your guide but I am having some problems. This Wii has had softmods on it in the past but not sure what all has been installed. When I get to the part of your guide to run Any title deleter I am having no luck it keeps erroring out on me when I try to see whats in the system folder. I tried to use the 1.1 Ver as well and got errors as well.

So I went ahead and skipped to the next part to install the wads. Everything worked except when I got to wad 249 and 250. They both errored and wouldnt install.

I read somewhere else about signcheck so I ran it and here is what it said.

SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
Wii region Usa
Wii unique device id 42861179

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS202 (ver 4) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS70 (ver 6687) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (ver 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS57 (ver 5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS56 (ver 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3869) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 3351) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

Please let me know what I should try next. Thanks!!

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wii_kid said:
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:
Hi guys!

Thanks
Wii_Kid
priiloader1.png

Sorry, I should be clearer in my posting.....
I get the Priiloader menu, but when I highlight on System Menu and press A, nothing happen. I have set the Restart option to System Menu, but it still loads to Priiloader. I google for it and saw this post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191343

Thanks again!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii_kid said:
I get the Priiloader menu, but when I highlight on System Menu and press A, nothing happen. I have set the Restart option to System Menu, but it still loads to Priiloader. I google for it and saw this post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191343

Thanks again!
Are you set to IOS 70 like in the pic?

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:

Thanks again!

Hi, it had the IOS v70, but the Systemmenu v481 and i am on v0.1(r15).
I have also set IOS to use for SM to 70 under the settings.

thanks

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii_kid said:
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:

Thanks again!

thanks
First, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Priiloader. You still have access to the HBC right? If that doesn't work try reinstalling the System Menu with Dop-IOS like someone did in the thread you linked previously.

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:
EeZeEpEe said:
wii_kid said:

Thanks again!

thanks
First, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Priiloader. You still have access to the HBC right? If that doesn't work try reinstalling the System Menu with Dop-IOS like someone did in the thread you linked previously.

I have tried uninstalling but it failed, tried many times already.
I am very new to softmod and appreciate if you could guide me to the steps to use Dop-IOS to reinstall SM 4.2.
What files do I need and where can I get them?
Can I use Wad Manager 1.5 and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad to reinstall? need confirmation so as not to brick my Wii.

Appreciate your help!
smile.gif

jebus2477

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me at all?
Ive tried asking in several places and Ive been told stuff like reinstall ios 60 and what not
But it seems no one gets that I cannot reinstall the HBC on my wii, and because of this I cannot use anything in this guide to re hack it
4.2 wiped out my HBC and now when I try hackmii installer i get told I need a vulnerable IOS.
My wii was running Rev 14. It is a launch Wii.
Hope some of that can help with a solution

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u must have has cioscorp installed on your wii at some point

use bannerbomb to run wad manager or dop ios and install a clean ios61 (if this doesn't work, look into using cboot2 to load one of these apps instead)

then use bannerbomb to run the hackmii installer and now it should work

vistauk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
no worries, but rename the boot.dol already in the folder to like boot2.dol [this is preloader .30]
and rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol to boot.dol then run it through the homebrew channel by clicking on preloader again.
this time youll boot .29 instead of .30
after it installs rename preloader .30 back to boot.dol to update

after doing this we get downloading changelog.... howlong dos this take ?

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 3.4U originally and followed the instructions in page 1 up through the section "Update to 4.2". Do I still need to proceed to do the steps under the "Modify 4.2" section? It looks like it repeats some parts of the "Update to 4.2" section. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Thanks!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii_kid said:
I have tried uninstalling but it failed, tried many times already.
I am very new to softmod and appreciate if you could guide me to the steps to use Dop-IOS to reinstall SM 4.2.
What files do I need and where can I get them?
Can I use Wad Manager 1.5 and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad to reinstall? need confirmation so as not to brick my Wii.

Appreciate your help!
smile.gif

yea you can do that to reinstall the SM.

vistauk said:
after doing this we get downloading changelog.... howlong dos this take ?
the online update does not work.
run priiloader rev15 to update.

QUOTE(AlpineMan @ Nov 17 2009, 10:15 AM)
I had 3.4U originally and followed the instructions in page 1 up through the section "Update to 4.2". Do I still need to proceed to do the steps under the "Modify 4.2" section? It looks like it repeats some parts of the "Update to 4.2" section. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Thanks!
taken from the update to 4.2 section
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS's.
you repeating those steps for a reason.

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LuigiPT said:
I have my Wii on 3.2E. I installed SoftMii awhile back that, if I'm not mistaken, came with cIOSCORP v1.
My question is, having in mind my current Wii, should I need to do something prior to this guide in order to be able to follow this guide and update my Wii?

I also have another Wii that has 3.2U and installed SoftMii a long time ago. I would also like to know the answer to the question above...or can I simply just upgrade to 4.2 and follow all instructions in page 1?

Thanks!

unr007d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been out of the wii scene since i updated to 3.2 and followed your guide and was very impressed on how it was set-up and easy to follow...so now i have myself a 4.2 wii with all the bells and whistles and it only took me 20 minutes...thanks alot

psycopanther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guide was great. seemed to work fine otherthen now my official disk channel dont seem to wanny load retail games half the time now. any ideas???

also, the guide does not mention anything about using DOP-IOS during the TBR step, and on the newbie softmod sticky, a link to http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha mentions using the DOP-IOS. what is the difference between the two methods?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait