OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rion said:
Sorry to ask this again but "Me" and "iamwally" did not get an answer to this question..
did you read the top text?
i added that as soon as you asked this.

C175R said:
So I used your old softmod 4.1 Wii method and now I want to upgrade it to 4.2.
Do I have to do everything again or is there any faster way to do it?
install IOS70 and system menu 4.2
both found in the update.zip

Posts merged

QUOTE(grapereaper @ Nov 16 2009, 09:37 AM)
I am on the steps that attempt to restore the Trucha Bug. I downgraded IOS15 and then reloaded the TBR. Then I went to IOS15 and click A. I got the screen attached. How long am I supposed to wait until I get the option to press 1? It's been >10 minutes. Thanks.

Pic: [url=http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8366/wiib.jpg]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8366/wiib.jpg[/url]

edit: waited 5 more minutes, no change, powered wii off, no problems then attempted steps again, this time i was able to get to the IOS36 menu...weird.
code dumps are random and harmless

i might add your pic to the CSG
is that alright with you?

jebus2477

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem...

I had cios rev 14 installed on my wii. Decided I would like access to the shop channel so I upgraded.
I originally had HBC and Bootmii installed and I lost both in the great update fire of 79!
I tried using this guide. I run bannerbomb with no problems, though once I get to the step that requires me to install bootmii. I get told I do not have a vulnerable IOS by the installer and I cannot get past this step.
No one anywhere seems to be able to provide me with a way to get around this. If anyone can help PLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!!????

Cokesplash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

First thanks for this amazing guide. People do not always truely appreciate how much time and energy it takes to make something like this.

I was on a hacked system menu 4.0 which was working great for me, but I purchased the New Super Mario Bros Wii yesterday and it wanted to update so here I am....

At any rate, i emailed that auto replier last night and got the update.zip. However I must have deleted the email (it was in my spam I guess those dont do to trash but get perma-deleted) and now I don't get a reply when emailing [email protected] again. I am looking to get modify.zip now...

I have a mod-chip in my wii so I dont' need all the soft-mod backup running stuff, HOWEVER I have completed the first section of the guide and my Wii shows its updated to 4.2U, but I still can't play NSMBW without it prompting to update... Is this because I havent completed the modify section yet?? Or did I do something wrong in the first section?

How can I go about getting modify.zip if I am not receiving that email anymore? I have tried emailing [email protected] from 3 different email accounts and am getting no reply in spam or inbox.

Respectfully,

Ben

S

squall_leonhart

Hello, and sorry if this has been asked before, but these are the questions:

- if I follow this guide will I beable to play Original Wii/GC games from NTSC/J and/or NTSC/U on my PAL system?
- Will I need to downgrade to 4.1E (as it says something about region).

if not:

- What will I need to play original Wii/GC games from these regions?

Currently running still on 4.0E with just HBC, DVDx, and Bootmii as BOOT2 installed, and made a NAND backup, just looking for these answers before I go update to 4.2E and/or 4.1E.

Looking forward to hearing from you all, thanks in advance for the time.

Jacinto009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii got bricked! I followed the steps to upgrade to 4.2 and then went back to homebrew channel, exited the channel, waited long, and nothing happened. So I turned of my Wii, turned it back on, and my TV just says no signal. I used to be on 3.2 and I have US Wii. Please help me.

Elgarand

Trophies
Website
elgarand.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Cokesplash said:
Hi everyone,

First thanks for this amazing guide. People do not always truely appreciate how much time and energy it takes to make something like this.

I was on a hacked system menu 4.0 which was working great for me, but I purchased the New Super Mario Bros Wii yesterday and it wanted to update so here I am....

At any rate, i emailed that auto replier last night and got the update.zip. However I must have deleted the email (it was in my spam I guess those dont do to trash but get perma-deleted) and now I don't get a reply when emailing [email protected] again. I am looking to get modify.zip now...

I have a mod-chip in my wii so I dont' need all the soft-mod backup running stuff, HOWEVER I have completed the first section of the guide and my Wii shows its updated to 4.2U, but I still can't play NSMBW without it prompting to update... Is this because I havent completed the modify section yet?? Or did I do something wrong in the first section?

How can I go about getting modify.zip if I am not receiving that email anymore? I have tried emailing [email protected] from 3 different email accounts and am getting no reply in spam or inbox.

Respectfully,

Ben

Try Installing Preloader/priiloader and check the skip disc update check option

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey, just modded my wii and the backups working perfectly. cheers
biggrin.gif

I might decide to downgrade to 4.1E. If i do do i have to change preloaders settings to load with IOS60?
Also, what settings do you recommend for preloader hacks and settings? cheers
biggrin.gif

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guyz after following this guide to the letter and completing every step am getting a "Disk can not be read" error every time i try to load a game from disk. Am on 4.2E and do not intend to downgrade to 4.1E Any and all help will be gratefully appreciated Respect xxxacexxx

Cokesplash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Elgarand said:
Cokesplash said:
Hi everyone,

Respectfully,

Ben

Try Installing Preloader/priiloader and check the skip disc update check option

I grabbed Priiloader 0.1 and copied it onto my SD card into the APP folder... I am running it through the homebrew channel but I get an error with regards to IOS36 not being trucha signed which would probably take me back to the modify part of this guide and not being able to get the email to get the mofidy.zip.

Or am I even using priiloader properly?? I haven't been able to find clear instructions on how to get it running.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
xxxacexxx said:
Hey Guyz after following this guide to the letter and completing every step am getting a "Disk can not be read" error every time i try to load a game from disk. Am on 4.2E and do not intend to downgrade to 4.1E Any and all help will be gratefully appreciated Respect xxxacexxx

You have to install cIOSCORP v3.5 to run disc's straight through the disc channel or with a modchip. Both are not recommended
tongue.gif
. its easiest to download the neogamma r7 from the link under "after modding" which is an application to be run through the homebrew channel. Softchip is the other alternative which is similar to neogamma but neogamma r7 has the best compatibility. gl
biggrin.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
Hey, just modded my wii and the backups working perfectly. cheers
biggrin.gif

I might decide to downgrade to 4.1E. If i do do i have to change preloaders settings to load with IOS60?
Also, what settings do you recommend for preloader hacks and settings? cheers
biggrin.gif

yea 60 or 70 wouldnt matter.

xxxacexxx said:
how are you loading your games?

QUOTE(Cokesplash @ Nov 16 2009, 05:39 PM)
I grabbed Priiloader 0.1 and copied it onto my SD card into the APP folder... I am running it through the homebrew channel but I get an error with regards to IOS36 not being trucha signed which would probably take me back to the modify part of this guide and not being able to get the email to get the mofidy.zip.

Or am I even using priiloader properly?? I haven't been able to find clear instructions on how to get it running.
you need to get the file pack to trucha you IOS36
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/sy...acks/priiloader

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is killing me. I think I spent the last six hours working through this stuff to play NSMB, only to succeed at the guide and fail at running the game.

I have a Wiikey 1.9s. I followed the guide, updated to 4.2U (NTSC Wii), even installed Bootmii and made a NAND dump. Since I'm already hardmodded, I skipped cIOS. Couldn't get preloader to install correctly, so I used priiloader rev15 instead.

I then burned a patched NTSC NSMB backup. After all this, the game still asked to install an update. I haven't actually been able to find out (from looking around) if this update is safe to install, so I manually installed IOS53-64-v5406.wad. The game still asked for an update. So I told Priiloader to disable disc updates and internet updates. Now the whole system pukes as soon as it detects a disc in the drive. This means I actually, in effect, get a DRE in the system menu, before I've even selected the disc channel.

I'm out of ideas. I was having a lot of fun learning about all these juicy softmodding programs until my soul was crushed by epic failure. Is it safe to just install the updates on the disc and forget about priiloader hacks for now? I don't get why installing the updated IOS manually didn't work.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeeMox said:
Man, this is killing me. I think I spent the last six hours working through this stuff to play NSMB, only to succeed at the guide and fail at running the game.

I have a Wiikey 1.9s. I followed the guide, updated to 4.2U (NTSC Wii), even installed Bootmii and made a NAND dump. Since I'm already hardmodded, I skipped cIOS. Couldn't get preloader to install correctly, so I used priiloader rev15 instead.

I then burned a patched NTSC NSMB backup. After all this, the game still asked to install an update. I haven't actually been able to find out (from looking around) if this update is safe to install, so I manually installed IOS53-64-v5406.wad. The game still asked for an update. So I told Priiloader to disable disc updates and internet updates. Now the whole system pukes as soon as it detects a disc in the drive. This means I actually, in effect, get a DRE in the system menu, before I've even selected the disc channel.

I'm out of ideas. I was having a lot of fun learning about all these juicy softmodding programs until my soul was crushed by epic failure. Is it safe to just install the updates on the disc and forget about priiloader hacks for now? I don't get why installing the updated IOS manually didn't work.
is bootmii as boot2?
if so go for the update, your totally safe.

the game is known to not work of modchips
but it works for some.

cant really help you with a certain game man.

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero am using neo gamma 7 to load games from disc pal wii 4.2 as u know usb works fine cios rev 14 installed appreciate the help xxxacexxx

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
ZeeMox said:

is bootmii as boot2?
if so go for the update, your totally safe.

the game is known to not work of modchips
but it works for some.

cant really help you with a certain game man.
Yeah, bootmii is boot2. Just didn't know if the game could overwrite boot2 somehow. Thanks for the help, and for the awesome guide/software package. The wii modding scene has become so much more complicated and powerful since I last had to get into it. I don't think I could have done it without this thread.

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi xzxero just got the wii back from the user and am glad to let u know it was user error machine works fine as per following your guide so alls well cheers for your assistance am grateful have followed your guide on a few wii's now and no probs whatsoever thx again xxxacexxx

creepah

Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide! Thanks a bunch!
Had to do the Trucha Bug fix thing a couple of times, cus of crashing, but in the end it turned out fine! (maybe something worth adding in the guide?)

if crash
then {start over and try again}

biggrin.gif

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have my Wii on 3.2E. I installed SoftMii awhile back that, if I'm not mistaken, came with cIOSCORP v1.
My question is, having in mind my current Wii, should I need to do something prior to this guide in order to be able to follow this guide and update my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place