Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have that game

Posts merged

yes I did the update through system update. thanks for the fast replyes I just kept tring and it just now went through

st90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah that is how i got it to work. but when it runs hack me it won't let me install anything when I did it on a 4.1 it gave me the option to install hbc dvdx and bootmii

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hold on, are u saying u updated to 4.2 via nintendo, then ran hackmii installer v0.6 using bannerbomv v2, and you are getting a no vulnerable IOS message?

The no vulnerable IOS message, is typically the result of installing cIOSCORP. The solution for this is to run dopIOS to install a sane IOS (IOS30 v1040 works). Now you should be able to run the installer.

However, if what you're saying is true, and you didn't install cIOSCORP, it doesn't make sense for you to be getting this error. Are you sure this is this the first time you tried modding the wii? ie, is this a virgin 4.2 wii?

beg152

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a virgin wii 4.2E. i soft modded it using xxzero guide to modify 4.2. now i want to install preloader on it.initially i do not have any version of it on my wii.what are the necessary steps involved.should i just install or are there some pre requisites to it thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
beg152 said:
i had a virgin wii 4.2E. i soft modded it using xxzero guide to modify 4.2. now i want to install preloader on it.initially i do not have any version of it on my wii.what are the necessary steps involved.should i just install or are there some pre requisites to it thanks

make sure u've installed IOS70patchedfreethebugs.wad, then go ahead and install preloader 0.29 JODI or preloader 0.30 (this is still in the beta stages, so unless u have bootmii installed as boot2, hold off on the new preloader). You also need IOS36 to be patched, but presumably u've already done that by following xzxero's guide and using TBR

st90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-do you have homebrew?
-do u have bootmii (as boot2 or IOS?)
-do u have a nand backup
-do u have preloader installed and working

I had homebrew I updated to 4.2 then formated the wii I thought that would give me a chance to start from scratch but looks like i stil get the no vulnerable IOS
I don't have nand backup that is what I was going to creak this time around
preloader not working after update
and same with bootmii

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Let this be a lesson to all the cIOSCORP users out there, cIOSCORP screws people up!

-well, i hate the bring the bearer of bad news, but without bootmii, preloader or homebrew, there is no way (as far as I know) to install a sane IOS via wad manager or dopIOS.

-what confuses me is that updating to 4.2 did not replace your IOSs (and effectively remove cIOSCORP). I would try updating again (if possible), it should update your IOSs, allowing you to run hackmii installer. If you can't update via nintendo because ur already at 4.2.... u may have to wait until a 4.3 update to remove cIOSCORP and rehack ur wii. The only other solution would be getting a mod chip... but ew... who wants a mod chip?

Again, these are my thoughts, not facts, but i'm confident in them... so good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you