Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

pjmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
erikk1 said:
When you start dop ios mod it will ask you what ios to run from. You select 249 and press A.

Then it will ask you what IOS to patch. Select 53 and press A. Etc..

I dont know why ios55 and 53 patching is needed by the way. I never did it. But I only use USB loading, no backup discs.

UNBELIVABLE IT WORKS

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats what i thought was just wondering.

Things can get confusing when you see a few different versions of a program made by different people but they all do the exact same thing.

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
roup said:
OK, didn't work. I've used the NUS downloader to get latest version of IOS36. Put the directories on the SD. Use DOP IOS MOD and select IOS36 to use to install other IOS's. Yes to all the option then it fails to load 00000001-00000024 v3351.

Can I just use NUS to make the WAD file then install this WAD using WAD Manager, call it 249 then use DOP IOS to patch it?

k, so do this

Run NUS Downloader. Make sure you choose the correct IOS and version that you will be using in DOP IOS (do not choose to download the "latest version"). Then make sure pack wad and decrypt contents are NOT checked (if they are checked, it will still work, but many .app files and 1 .wad file will be created, taking up more space than required). Then download this small app (http://www.easy-share.com/1907826316/NusFoldersRenamer%20v1.0.0.zip), extract the contents inside your NUS downloader folder, then double-click NusFoldersRenamer.exe. It will create a 00000001 folder in that same folder that contains all the files you just downloaded from NUS downloader, all saved in the correct folders

OK, I appreciate the assistance because I getting ready to chuck this Wii out the window! This may be a stupid question but how do I know which version I want?....I'm thinking it doesn't matter as long as it's not the latest version.....

iraqieagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
roup said:
OK, didn't work. I've used the NUS downloader to get latest version of IOS36. Put the directories on the SD. Use DOP IOS MOD and select IOS36 to use to install other IOS's. Yes to all the option then it fails to load 00000001-00000024 v3351.

Can I just use NUS to make the WAD file then install this WAD using WAD Manager, call it 249 then use DOP IOS to patch it?

dont download the latest version just download V5405
it works finely with me
now my Wii is 4.1u and everything went right
thanks to all who give help to me

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
roup said:
xflak40 said:
roup said:

k, so do this

Run NUS Downloader. Make sure you choose the correct IOS and version that you will be using in DOP IOS (do not choose to download the "latest version"). Then make sure pack wad and decrypt contents are NOT checked (if they are checked, it will still work, but many .app files and 1 .wad file will be created, taking up more space than required). Then download this small app (http://www.easy-share.com/1907826316/NusFoldersRenamer%20v1.0.0.zip), extract the contents inside your NUS downloader folder, then double-click NusFoldersRenamer.exe. It will create a 00000001 folder in that same folder that contains all the files you just downloaded from NUS downloader, all saved in the correct folders

OK, I appreciate the assistance because I getting ready to chuck this Wii out the window! This may be a stupid question but how do I know which version I want?....I'm thinking it doesn't matter as long as it's not the latest version.....

Get the version with the highest number (for now, in a few months this could change)

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks xflak40.

Completed the guide now
smile.gif

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to use preloader instead of startpatch, but when I install preloader it goes 'system files corrupted'. That's fine and dandy, but when I reinstall preloader at the bottom right of my screen it shows 4.2(USA) as my version.
I followed the 4.2 guide and I have it all working EXCEPT for preloader. I have a nand backup after I installed everything besides preloader (because I know this might happen) and I'm wondering how I'd use preloader properly without it breaking my wii

sunmoon286

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sunmoon286 said:
I followed the 4.2U procedure and it worked. I could play games off dvd disks. However, I could not get the USB loader to work for several usb loaders I tried.
So I started freshly to do the 4.2U hacking procedure again. But this time, it is stuck at step 5. The blue light in the DVDrom flashing and no buttons respond. I had to turn off the wii and turn it back on. Step 5 is about the USB2 support, so I think I messed it up somewhere. Can you guys help me out? As a Wii virgin, I do not even know how to get my wii back to a virgin 4.2u, so I can do a real fresh softmod. Thank you so much!

5] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

I got really stuck at step five: "Selected a IOS for install ", nothing but the power button works.
Please help me out!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IAmTheRad said:
so, install preloader, the wad, then preloader again?

no, install the wad IOS70freethebugs, then install preloader. You can't install preloader before installing the wad (if your on 4.2). If it still doesn't work, run trucha bug restorer 1.1 (or TBR MOD, both do the same thing), to patch IOS36 (chances are you did this already in a previous step, so u shouldn't have to redo it, but the system menu IOS (IOS70 for 4.2) and IOS36 are the prereq's for preloader)

EtherBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the steps in the guide and the preloader didn't work. I noticed I didn't have the hacks.ini file on my SD so I added it. The preloader worked after adding the hacks.ini but when I rebooted I got a corrupt system menu error. I reloaded the preloader again and when I went to reboot, I now have no video at all... Any ideas?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
r u doing the 4.1 method or 4.2, are you holding reset when powering on the wii to access the preloader menu? Do so, then go to homebrew channel, from there you can reinstall your system menu wad or the IOS your sys menu is running on (all this depends on what version ur running).

I'm heading out 4 the night, good luck

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
IAmTheRad said:
so, install preloader, the wad, then preloader again?

no, install the wad IOS70freethebugs, then install preloader. You can't install preloader before installing the wad (if your on 4.2). If it still doesn't work, run trucha bug restorer 1.1 (or TBR MOD, both do the same thing), to patch IOS36 (chances are you did this already in a previous step, so u shouldn't have to redo it, but the system menu IOS (IOS70 for 4.2) and IOS36 are the prereq's for preloader)
actaully you can install preloader without the IOS70 wad, you just cant run the system menu off IOS70

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IAmTheRad said:
I want to use preloader instead of startpatch, but when I install preloader it goes 'system files corrupted'. That's fine and dandy, but when I reinstall preloader at the bottom right of my screen it shows 4.2(USA) as my version.
I followed the 4.2 guide and I have it all working EXCEPT for preloader. I have a nand backup after I installed everything besides preloader (because I know this might happen) and I'm wondering how I'd use preloader properly without it breaking my wii

ok so i just did this very same thing, i just want to double check that i need to install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad using WAD-Manager_v1.5 so that i uninstall preloader v0.29

Weeping81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s6a6n6d6m6a6n said:
Weeping81 said:
Update I finally got it to work!!!!....

Thanks everyone for the help....even the questions that were unrelated to mine because even those helped me understand some things....

Thanks xzxero for the faq ....very much appreciated

@Weeping81

so which one worked ? DVD-R or +R. Now that it's working after whatever you've done, i'm curious to know if you have tried running old discs (DVD+R) that you burned before, that previously didn't work.

Also, can you please let us know what did you do to fix this problem? (Since from your another post it seems that the problem may not have been the media)

Cheers!

Well the ones I got working were DVD-R...but when I first came home and tried them I got the same error.....so I knew something was up that I did....

What I ended up doing was loading up the back up that I made

Then I used this faq http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384 (before I did the 4.2mod faq)....And I still got the same error messages...
Then I did the 4.2 method listed in this thread on top of that..... ...then my DVD-R started working....

I dont know much about this stuff though, ao I would not follow anything I did unless someone that knows things doesnt think this could hurt your wii in any way.....

My probelms from the begining were probally very newbish

I havent yet checked the old DVD+R....I dont think they should work but Ill let you know when I try one.
EDIT: I tried the old DVD+R they dont work...so I guess buy some DVD-R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: