Modding Xbox Live Gamertag

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by mario41001, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mario41001
    OP

mario41001 GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2008
    Canada
    ????
    Hi I've seen a couple of videos about modding your 360 gamertag with something called EzGt Final and I was just wondering if its possible to be banned from live if I attempted to do this? Really new to the whole 360 hacking deal and if this has been asked before sorry just really want to know. And will I be able to delete it if I decide to get rid of it? Thx

Edit: After playing around with the tools I also realized you can change your gamer picture too. Can I do that without getting a ban hammer aswell?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Picture should be fine as long as you do it properly.

Ading gamerscore (about the only thing you can do to a profile) is not only pointless but MS will swing their banhammer and do it very hard- a normal ban is one thing but this usually leads to people being revoked- http://xorloser.com/?p=45 (old but good info). By all means mod it but do not be surprised if you get banned and when you do people have a good laugh about it.

Generally speaking it is all a bad idea- if you are going to do something risky at least make the payoff worth it.

3. mario41001
    OP

mario41001 GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2008
    Canada
    ????
    Alright thx for the reply good to know.

4. jakeyjake

jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    USA
    Yeah, I've seen plenty of people with modded gamertags (MW2, specifically).

But, it is modding, and you will get banned for it.