Hacking Modding a Wii worth it anymore?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is kinda of topic, but it suits the title... Is it worth buying a WiiKey, clone or official if I've installed the 3.0E update? Will reformatting the Wii allow me to install one? Thanks...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Bottom line is Priracy will one day stop. Either the big companies will give up (HIGHLY unlikely) or they make games so cheap that there really is no need for piracy (HIGHLY LIKELY).Â

And if any of these doesnt happen, with current advances in encryption... The time it will take to crack or even find a bug in software to bypass the encryption will far out weigh any benefit.

Not only that, hardware wise as well... IC are becoming so small that soon enough it will all be inside the 1 IC. One thing ive never understood with consoles is why they don't use BGA (Ball Grid Array) ICs in the console, effectively stopping any "solder" mod chips in its tracks.

Lets face it, the days of mod chips and piracy are starting to end.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *wheeze* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gawd, I heard that one when I was seven years old (DON'T COPY DAT FLOPPY), when I was twelve (CD ARE UNPOSSIBLE TO COPY LOLZ), when I was fifteen (WITNESS THE POWER OF DONGLES! OH AND CDS ARE UNPOSSIBLE TO PIRATE AGAIN LULZ), when I was nineteen (LOL ISOS ARE TOO BIG TO DOWNLOAD AND PIRATE PIRACY IS DED NAO), when I was in my early twenties (LOL DVDS ARE TOO BIG TO DOWNLOAD ITS POINTLESS TO PIRATE SOON IT'LL ALL BE OVER), and even today (U CANT CRACK BLU RAY AND HDDVD), when I hear the doomsayers, all I can think of is...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We won the fight before it even had begun, dude. Chill out. The days of modchips are only BEGINNING.
Let us end this with a song : "yo, ho-ho! A Pirate's life for me!"

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will stop one day not because it will be too hard to crack but because it just wont be worth it anymore.

If games were say half price piracy would drop like anything in the console industry. {my opinion}

I dont see a end to modchips
tongue.gif
unless its unprofitable to those who develope the chips.

There will always be the test points (or whateva you call em) for modders to solder on a alternate bios.

Padreko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of bitches complaining about piracy. I hadn't touched my Wii for several months because I (a poor college student) couldn't afford to buy any games for my wii. And I was far to pissed off at that money I shelled out on games that sucked when i first bought the wii to test fate again with these new games that are being release with money I can't afford to spend on things that I will probably dislike. So 37 bucks for a mod chip and the solder and wires, 10 bucks for the soldering iron, and another 10 bucks for my second hand and another 10 bucks for 25 dvd r- was well worth it. To top it off, console software developers are notorious for dolling out some crap with these games. Especially the fuckers who port already made games between the 3 systems. i mean EA should not make any money off of blitz the league anymore. wTF is that shit. PS2, xbox, xbo360, wii and PS3??? And look at nintendo with almost 10 million consoles sold and profits coming out of their asses. You know it costs almost nothing to make the console. I'd guess that it costs them maybe half as much to make the console given its current specs. so 125 x 10,000,000 = 1.25 billion on console sales alone. Plus, the more popular the system gets, the more money it'll make. And its even more popular right now than when it launched.

But the point is that some broke bitches can't afford to be paying for some sheezies..

CodeXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being able to play backups and imports is worth the current risk and thus modding a wii is still worth it. you may have your own issues on the ethics and morality on if its right or not but i dont care. i dont need to hear you give me a condescending lecture on why you think youre morally superior than me just cuz you refuse to mod your wii and angry that you have to pay or have to money to pay for it or im not supporting the developers or its wrong, etc, etc, i guess you have that extra something that i dont have to resist some of the benefits of doing mods to consoles, phones, pc, car, etc. i still pay for games that are worth my money meaning its heavily discounted or a very good game and im sure a lot of ppl do the same.

dont let articles fool you in believing that if you pirate a game they lose x amounts of money cuz you probably wouldnt have bought the game in the 1st place. you just have to remember that there is still that inherent risk you take so dont come whining about this and that cuz you know what you got yourself into.

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here the 2 biggest risks I feel....

1) The current mods are pretty average
So if you mod now & then have to remove later (difficult not impossible)

2) No online play with games when you have a mod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work