Hardware Modded wii making loud noises.

Tapion817

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have recently modded my friend's Wii and it plays all backups fine except now it makes a really loud noise when the disc is being read and it is getting hotter faster. IS there anything I could do to fix these problems?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have recently modded my friend's Wii and it plays all backups fine except now it makes a really loud noise when the disc is being read and it is getting hotter faster. IS there anything I could do to fix these problems?

What type of modchip is in the Wii? Mine has a Wiikey and is having the same issue with certain games. Sometimes it makes more noise then it should. I don't mind tho.

~Fitzy~

ca82686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my regular unmodded wii did the same thing, whenever a disk was loaded it made a loud sound like a buzz saw. its something wrong with the disk drive itself, and, lucky for me since it was still under warranty I sent it in and they replaced it =D and on the note it said they cleaned everything and replaced the disk drive, soooo, not sure what to tell ya, other than try to clean it or see if theres anything in there jammin it or something.

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But i do know that in MySims, your Wii makes a weird clicking noise. And that's the reason why i don't play it anymore. It didn't sound very good.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
check the dvd drive rubbers, sometimes they dont sit on the pins. and also try to loosen the screws a bit. the rubbers will stop the drive from making strange noises.

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get this too, it's become progessively worse over the last two months.

I'm going to take it back to where I got it modded soon and see what they can do about it.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had this problem too, but I think it was because of my computer, its a very slow computer and when I burn a game in my normal windows vista mode, the wii makes a lot of noice and if I brickblock a game the wii makes a lot of noice. Nowadays I burn my games in windows safe mode. my wii stopped making horrable noices, but if I brickblock a game it doesnt matter if I burn in in my normal windows mode or in safe mode, the noice will continue.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happened to me too. My Wii started making loud noise anytimes a disc was in. Not long ago (after SMG came out), i had to switch my wiifree for a wiikey and we took a look at the noise problem. Turns out, the metal plate that covers the disc was getting in contact with something.

We forced the plate up with a screwdriver, not extremely but a little, and it really made a difference. Almost 2 months later, it still quiet and no problems have arised.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
But i do know that in MySims, your Wii makes a weird clicking noise. And that's the reason why i don't play it anymore. It didn't sound very good.

I noticed that too with MySims. It was a terrible sound. Click-prrrrt-Click-prrrrt! My Wii stands in a cupboard and I just had to shut the door while playing because of the annoying noise. I also decided to not play this game anymore because of this. Luckily I thought this game was crap anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry: