Modded Switch stuck on NS logo after injecting fusee

Misterpixel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,
I modded my Switch into using Atmosphere CFW (1.5.2).
It worked fine and I have been playing on it without turning it off ever again since 1 month, but today I tried turning it off and on using RCM mode and injecting fusee, and it now freeze on NS logo.
What could have changed since I modded my switch?

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I modded my Switch into using Atmosphere CFW (1.5.2).
It worked fine and I have been playing on it without turning it off ever again since 1 month, but today I tried turning it off and on using RCM mode and injecting fusee, and it now freeze on NS logo.
What could have changed since I modded my switch?
I suppose the person who can tell what happens between then and now is you and you have not say anything about that yet.

Misterpixel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose the person who can tell what happens between then and now is you and you have not say anything about that yet.
I really did not change any file nor change anything in the files. I just played on it for a month without turning it off, so I don't know when it could have started freezing.
And it is only today that I first tried to restart it via RCM since a month

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really did not change any file nor change anything in the files. I just played on it for a month without turning it off, so I don't know when it could have started freezing.
And it is only today that I first tried to restart it via RCM since a month
Without knowing anything you did can only tell you to install atmosphere properly start with an empty atmosphere directory and copy the files from official distribution from github, your Switch should then boot.

Misterpixel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Without knowing anything you did can only tell you to install atmosphere properly start with an empty atmosphere directory and copy the files from official distribution from github, your Switch should then boot.
Okay, so starting with a brand new atmosphere folder does work to boot.
It seems that the atmosphere/contents folder is corrupted, because as soon as I put it back as it was the freeze reoccurs.
Through testing, I've got a weird behaviour. The latest game I've installed can be launched after a clean atmosphere boot, but as soon as I write in the atmosphere/contents folder (by installing a theme via NX-themes Installer for exemple) , the game become corrupted and will need a reinstall via Tinfoil.

As you asked, I might I've remembered an edgy thing I did with the files.. In order to save space, I installed games (tinfoil) on "NAND" storage.
Could it be a shared memory type of corruption?

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so starting with a brand new atmosphere folder does work to boot.
It seems that the atmosphere/contents folder is corrupted, because as soon as I put it back as it was the freeze reoccurs.
Through testing, I've got a weird behaviour. The latest game I've installed can be launched after a clean atmosphere boot, but as soon as I write in the atmosphere/contents folder (by installing a theme via NX-themes Installer for exemple) , the game become corrupted and will need a reinstall via Tinfoil.

As you asked, I might I've remembered an edgy thing I did with the files.. In order to save space, I installed games (tinfoil) on "NAND" storage.
Could it be a shared memory type of corruption?
Installing game in Nand is fine. Adding something to contents folder can easily do harm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel