Hacking modded smg2 getting error #002

aubrey champagne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have just started modding my wii (4.3u)and i want to mod smg2 but i always get error #002, and i do know that this is an iso problem. i am using gecko os to run it but that is where i get the error. i have run it on the regular disk channel and it works perfectly fine. Also i have legally bought this game so is there anywhere i could get the iso? help would be great.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and i want to mod smg2 but i always get error #002..

Are you trying to actually MOD the game's ISO, or are you just wanting to play a clean rip?

You can also make sure to check if you're running the most up to date version of Gecko. The newest one is 1.9.3.1 -- One of the most recent updates mentions improving upon the 002 error issue.

If you're just wanting to run a clean rip of the disc, and you're loading the game off a USB drive, you're better off using a usb loader like "USB Loader GX".

aubrey champagne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you trying to actually MOD the game's ISO, or are you just wanting to play a clean rip?

You can also make sure to check if you're running the most up to date version of Gecko. The newest one is 1.9.3.1 -- One of the most recent updates mentions improving upon the 002 error issue.

If you're just wanting to run a clean rip of the disc, and you're loading the game off a USB drive, you're better off using a usb loader like "USB Loader GX".
i want to MOD it. and i have just downloaded it so it is the latest version

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your mod has been combined into a single iso/wbfs file you should be able to run it using USB Loader GX. I have a couple modded wbfs files and USBLGX loads them up just fine. No errors.

I appologize. I know this doesn't really fix your Gecko problem. But I'm not too familiar with Gecko OS. I figured I'd offer an alternate option.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i want to MOD it. and i have just downloaded it so it is the latest version

thats where most ppl are wrong and thats why we hate the word "latest".
many sites just provide outdated links and tutorials unless you are downloading from the official source code pages. The safest way is to look at the actual version. most apps will indicate the version during booting up or somewhere in their settings or credit pages. the site where you downloaded the apps should also indicate the version.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What menu version is your wii?

Also, you might want to perform a syscheck. Then verify your syscheck.csv with ModMii. You may need to update IOS56.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syscheck is an app for your Wii that tests/scans all of your installed IOS's/cIOS's, then gives you a report of which versions you currently have installed.

It creates a file and places it in the root of your SD card. You can then verify that file with ModMii to see if you have the most up to date IOS's/cIOS's installed on your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34