Modded PSP crashes when opening web Browser

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Clairjoe, Dec 4, 2012.

Dec 4, 2012
  1. Clairjoe
    OP

Member Clairjoe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My psp crashes when i open my web browser. it gives me a blue screen that says something like "press O to fix" or something along those lines. I press O and it restarts, but every time i go to the browser it crashes again. Does anybody have a fix? the rest of the PSP works fine.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Sounds like a flash1 corruption. Either clear out your settings and reset to factory default (via the settings menu on the XMB) or format flash1 via recovery.

Sometimes this is an indication of a bigger failure in the near future (the BSOD flash1 issue)

3. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    If i reset the psp to factory settings will that erase my mod? My friend did this 5 years ago with his pandora batery and i have no way to get a hold of him anymore. So i will be SOL if it resets the mod. Unless there is a new way to do it now I haven't checked. The crash has just started happening recently and it is getting annoying, how could i format flash1 (if this doesn't reset the moded cfw)

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Flash0 is where the CFW is, flash1 is just the settings.

Also yes, there's new CFWs that work on every PSP model, even on the latest firmware.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    If that CFW is that old then it may even be just a terribly old firmware that's awful.

Given that it's at least 5 years old (if you're being accurate) it can only be a 1000 or a fully flashable 2000 (especially if the Pandora worked). Just update your CFW by reading the sticky topic about it....update to 6.60 PRO C and use the cIPL.

6. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    I updated the cfw last year to whatever the newest one was the, yes it is a old fat 2000 i got it 6 years ago haha. But i reset the settings to factory settings and everything works well now, thanks!