OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
dashelter said:
So, I should be fine with the Acekart 2i then, correct?
The only thing would be that I will not be able to play GBA ROM Games downloaded on sites, right?
While the Supercard DSTWO, I am able to play both GBA and GBC right?

All in All, I am getting a DS Lite.
And your suggestion would be that I will be ok with just the AceKart 2i or do I need something else in addition to the Acekart 2i?

Thanks so so much for your feedback.

Correct. The Acekard 2i is a great flashcard. I own one.
The only thing would be that I will not be able to play GBA ROM Games downloaded on sites, right? Yes.
While the Supercard DSTWO, I am able to play both GBA and GBC right? Yes. The Acekard 2i can still play GBC games, using a homebrew called Lameboy. It can't play GBA games, though.[/p]
Correct. Be sure to purchase a microSD card with it, though. You'll need the microSD card to store ROMs and homebrew. You should also use AKAIO instead of the official firmware. You can download this at AKAIO's official site.

I finally got a DS Lite.
What do I need to download on the AKIO site?
Where do I order my Acekart 2i to work with my DS Lite?
Once purchased (Acekart 2i) where do I insert it on the machine?

Thanks a million!

D

Deleted_171835

dashelter said:
I finally got a DS Lite.
What do I need to download on the AKIO site?
Where do I order my Acekart 2i to work with my DS Lite?
Once purchased (Acekart 2i) where do I insert it on the machine?

Thanks a million!
Congrats.
What do I need to download on the AKAIO site? You need to download the AKAIO firmware. Here's a link
logo_small.png

Once purchased (Acekart 2i) where do I insert it on the machine? You put the Acekard 2i in Slot 1. Click the spoiler below for a picture of Slot 1.
[/p]
ds%20lite%20slot%20one.PNG
Where do I order my Acekard 2i to work with my DS Lite?[/p]
[shoptemp]30[/shoptemp]​
I would suggest Real Hot Stuff. It's in your best interest to purchase one of the microSD card bundles if you're purchasing from Real Hot Stuff.

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent!!!
Will I need a 2GB or 4GB SD card?
Will I also be able to play music or movies on my DS Lite?
If so, any other apps I need to download for music and movies?
Thanks so much.

D

Deleted_171835

dashelter said:
Excellent!!!
Will I need a 2GB or 4GB SD card?
Will I also be able to play music or movies on my DS Lite?
If so, any other apps I need to download for music and movies?
Thanks so much.
Will I need a 2GB or 4GB SD card? It depends on the amount of games you'll have on the flashcard. I suggest a 4GB microSD card.
Will I also be able to play music or movies on my DS Lite? Yes.
If so, any other apps I need to download for music and movies? You'll need a homebrew application called Moonshell
logo_small.png
[/p]
Happy to help!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashelter said:
Excellent!!!
1. Will I need a 2GB or 4GB SD card?
2. Will I also be able to play music or movies on my DS Lite?
3. If so, any other apps I need to download for music and movies?
Thanks so much.
1. It doesn't matter, get whichever size you like, though 4GB is better. Though it's not built in so if you already have a microSD card at home you can just use that.
2. Yes, but movies will have to be DPG format and both will have to be played through a homebrew called Moonshell.
3. See #2, or if you get a Supercard DSTWO or iPlayer (Though the DSTWO is recommended), you can watch movies in other formats such as AVI.

EDIT:
ph34r.gif

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I need to update the Acekart 2i once I get it?
To play music and movies, is the Supercard DSTWO better or I can still get the Acekard 2i?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashelter said:
To play music and movies, is the Supercard DSTWO better or I can still get the Acekard 2i?
The DSTWO is better for music and movies. That said, there are people who prefer playing DPG files, but I find it repetitive and annoying to have to keep converting my video files and don't really see the difference.
Also, you will just need to put the newest version of AKAIO on your SD card.

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
dashelter said:
The DSTWO is better for music and movies. That said, there are people who prefer playing DPG files, but I find it repetitive and annoying to have to keep converting my video files and don't really see the difference.

I see that you own both the SuperKart DSTWO and the Acekart 2i.
I assume your experience with the Acekart 2i has been good too, correct?
It plays both music and movies as the DSTWO, correct? If so, why do you feel that the DSTWO is better?
What's wrong with the DPG files for movies? Any particular softwares that convert movies to DPG?

I am just weighing wether or not it is worth spending the extra money for a DSTWO for my DS Lite.

Thanks much!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashelter said:
machomuu said:
dashelter said:

It plays both music and movies as the DSTWO, correct? If so, why do you feel that the DSTWO is better?
What's wrong with the DPG files for movies? Any particular softwares that convert movies to DPG?

I am just weighing wether or not it is worth spending the extra money for a DSTWO for my DS Lite.

Thanks much!
DPG files are good, it's just that it's painful to convert every file into DPG to watch it. I don't really use the iPlayer for music, but I do know it supports more file types, the music playback is on par with the DSTWO. BUT, if you don't really want the special DSTWO enhanced plugins (such as the GBA emulator, iPlayer, and the enhanced Super Nintendo emulator) and don't want the Real Time Menu, then you don't need a Supercard DSTWO.

D

Deleted_171835

dashelter said:

Thanks much!
I may not be machomuu (and don't own a DSTWO) but I can answer some questions.

It plays both music and movies as the DSTWO, correct? If so, why do you feel that the DSTWO is better? The DSTWO can play video files without conversion.
What's wrong with the DPG files for movies? Any particular softwares that convert movies to DPG? You can use BatchDPG to convert files (such as .wmv or .avi) to .dpg. DPG files work fine. The only tedious thing is that you have to convert the file to .dpg. With the DSTWO, no conversion is necessary.[/p]

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great.
Does the DSTWO play gb and gbc files like the Acekart 2i?
Will the CPU on the DSTWO drain the battery on my DS Lite faster?
Does the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i play MP3 audio music files or do I need to convert as well before playing in either the Acekart 2i or the DSTWO?

Should I decide to go with the DSTWO, what apps do I need to download to get it going?
I know I will neeed AKAIO for Acekart 2i.

Finally:
Briefly, What are pros and cons of Acekart 2i?
Briefly, What are pros and cons of Supercard DSTWO...(besides being more expensive)?

Thanks much for all feedback.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashelter said:
Great.
1. Does the DSTWO play gb and gbc files like the Acekart 2i?
2. Will the CPU on the DSTWO drain the battery on my DS Lite faster?
3. Does the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i play MP3 audio music files or do I need to convert as well before playing in either the Acekart 2i or the DSTWO?

4.Should I decide to go with the DSTWO, what apps do I need to download to get it going?
I know I will neeed AKAIO for Acekart 2i.

Finally:
Briefly, What are pros and cons of Acekart 2i?
Briefly, What are pros and cons of Supercard DSTWO...(besides being more expensive)?

Thanks much for all feedback.
1. Yes, they're no different.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, both play mp3 files
4. Just download the EOS (or firmware) and put it in the microSD card

As for Pros and Cons I'll quote the reviews:
Acekard 2i:
QUOTE said:
Pros:
+ The world's first commercial DSi compatible flash kit
+ Backwards compatible with both original and Lite DS, including slot-2 functionality
+ Micro SDHC compatible
+ 100% ROM compatibility
+ Full download play support
+ Drag and drop all files - no patching of any kind needed - auto DLDI patching
+ On-board file management & trimming
+ Great looking, customisable GUI
+ Extra features such as cheat support and soft-reset
+ Easily skinnable, lots of skins already available
+ Loader updates are plentiful, good support from the manufacturer
+ Great build quality, fits flush

Cons:
- Still lacks some features of its competitors
- Feels like a rush job as when the cart is run on the DSi, non-DSi compatible options still appear, needs a hardware check/option to disable these
- Possibility that Nintendo can block the cart by issuing a mandatory firmware update (We were wrong! - Ed)
- Currently only available in black

Supercard DSTWO:
Pros:
+ On-board CPU
+ microSDHC support
+ Free microSD reader
+ EOS is frequently addressed, updated, discussed
+ Nice clean interface
+ In-game menu (soft-reset, cheats, in-game guide, slow-motion, soft-reset, etc)
+ On-the-fly AP patching
+ Multi-language support
+ Action Replay cheat support
+ Clean ROM support, no patching required
+ Auto DLDI patching support
+ PassME functionality
+ Custom icon “plug-in” organizational support
+ Slot-1 GBA emulation solution
+ High NDS Homebrew compatibility
+ High NDS retail ROM dump compatibility
+ Updatable firmware
+ Official SDK (soon to be released)
+ Strong user community

Cons:
- Missing drag/drop video support
- DLDI patching problems
- Poor GBA Homebrew compatibility
- GBA emulator is buggy
- EOS v1.02 software is buggy Currently on EOS 1.09 -machomuu
- Some in-game menu options are buggy
- Lack of Homebrew soft-reset support
- below average build quality, shell is poorly secured
- Soft-reset always returns to the top most menu
- Lack of Slot-2 PSRAM and SRAM support
- Lack of native Slot-2 flashing options
I omitted some cons because they are obselete.

Also, this is my 900th post
toot.gif
!

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) With the SCDSTWO, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music?
2) And with the Acekard 2i, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music?
3) If I want to use my ds lite as an e-reader, what apps do I need to download and where can I download the ebooks for free?
4) Do I need to worry about Nontendo sending a firmware upgrade to block piracy if I were to get either the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i?

Thanks much again.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dashelter said:
1) With the SCDSTWO, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? Long enough
2) And with the Acekard 2i, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? Even longer
3) If I want to use my ds lite as an e-reader, what apps do I need to download and where can I download the ebooks for free? Not the place to ask
4) Do I need to worry about Nontendo sending a firmware upgrade to block piracy if I were to get either the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i? Not really

Thanks much again.

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
dashelter said:
1) With the SCDSTWO, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? Long enough
2) And with the Acekard 2i, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? Even longer
3) If I want to use my ds lite as an e-reader, what apps do I need to download and where can I download the ebooks for free? Not the place to ask
4) Do I need to worry about Nontendo sending a firmware upgrade to block piracy if I were to get either the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i? Not really

Thanks much again.

Does long enough for the battery mean over 6 hours if I were to get the DSTWO and use it to play Pokemon games, watch movies and listen to music?
And how long roughly if I were to get the Acekart 2i?
Just need to know approximately to compare how long battery will last on the DSTWO compared with the Acekard 2i.

Also, whee do I ask for the ebooks for ereader on the DSTWO? Do the Acekart 2i use an ereader too or just the DSTwo?

D

Deleted_171835

dashelter said:
Does long enough for the battery mean over 6 hours if I were to get the DSTWO and use it to play Pokemon games, watch movies and listen to music?
And how long roughly if I were to get the Acekart 2i?
Just need to know approximately to compare how long battery will last on the DSTWO compared with the Acekard 2i.

Also, whee do I ask for the ebooks for ereader on the DSTWO? Do the Acekart 2i use an ereader too or just the DSTwo?
Does long enough for the battery mean over 6 hours if I were to get the DSTWO and use it to play Pokemon games, watch movies and listen to music? The DSTWO's battery life would be about ~4 hours.
And how long roughly if I were to get the Acekart 2i? About 5 hours.[/p]
Well, there are several sites for ebooks but they're warez sites so I can't post them here. The DSTWO supports a wide number of formats (txt?pdf, png, etc.) so most files should work. The Ackeard 2i can read ebooks too using a homebrew called DSLibris
logo_small.png

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashelter said:
1) With the SCDSTWO, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? It varies based on the brightness setting. I recommend the lowest brightness.
2) And with the Acekard 2i, how long will the battery last on my DS Lite if I am playing a pokemon game or watching a movie or listening to music? As Soul Snatcher said, about an hour longer.
3) If I want to use my ds lite as an e-reader, what apps do I need to download and where can I download the ebooks for free? Free? Well legally, I don't know. I have found a few via Google
4) Do I need to worry about Nontendo sending a firmware upgrade to block piracy if I were to get either the DSTWO or the Acekart 2i? Because you have a DSLite, no. That said you should probably get the updates for the flashcarts just in case you happen to get a DSi/XL and it is updated or you update it and forget.

Thanks much again.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
buy an Ez Flash 3-in-1 to play GBA on your DSlite. It's not emulation like on DSTwo, but actually uses the DSlite's GBA hardware (way better compatibility, I'd say almost perfect). You'll still need a slot-1 cart though.

D

Deleted_171835

Cuelhu said:
buy an Ez Flash 3-in-1 to play GBA on your DSlite. It's not emulation like on DSTwo, but actually uses the DSlite's GBA hardware (way better compatibility, I'd say almost perfect). You'll still need a slot-1 cart though.
The EZ Flash 3-in-1 and the Acekard 2i cost about as much as the DSTWO. No point in purchasing that.

dashelter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my DS Lite along with my DSTWO.
How do I put the Nintendo DS Download Play on my DS Lite now?
This allows downloads from friends, etc of games I do not have.

Thanks and let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)