modchipsdirect website

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pingu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Pingu
    OP

Pingu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I bought mine from there, it came all the way from New York to California in 3 days, plus one day that they took to ship (4 fays total), card has no problems.

I also ordered a R4i Gold 3DS in another ocasion and it took 5 days from the day I placed the order to get to my mailbox.

I'm pretty happy, shipped fast and arrived pretty fast, having in mind that it went across the whole country in 3 days I totally vouch for them any day.

cvskid and Pingu like this.
  3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Best place in NA. The prices are a little bit higher than chinese places, but you won't wait 2 months to get your stuff.
    Everything ships from NA so no customs risk and they won't abuse your CC.

4. Pingu
    OP

Pingu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Thanks bud

5. Pingu
    OP

Pingu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Thanks

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Nah best place in NA is peachds but they are close :P

7. .44 Magnum

.44 Magnum GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2010
    United States
    I've bought from them numerous times with absolutely no problems whatsoever and fast shipping too for only $4.50. Plus, last time I checked they offer a 6 month warranty.

cvskid likes this.
  8. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Where do they ship from? I noticed that they have some $10 R4's.

I bought theR4i Gold 3DS from modchipsdirect buy it was $15 + $4.50 shipping.

Since they are about the same quality wise I'd like to get another one.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    They ship from Cali they use USPS and accept paypal + google wallet.

Tony_93 likes this.
  10. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by Acryt, Nov 7, 2015
  11. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    They are resellers only, if the card was dead on arrival isn't really their fault since they don't manufacture them, just like Sky3ds, a thousand sites sell them but all these sites are resellers only not manufactures.

He is inquiring to know if the site itself is legit and reliable which it is, if you got unlucky and didn't bother contacting them because you think it wasn't worth the effort you can't put any blame on them.

@Xenon Hacks Thanks, I know where my next purchase will be then, I have heard many users in this website with good experiences with them :lol:

Last edited by Tony_93, Nov 7, 2015
  12. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    The thing is there is other websites that say they test them before they send them out (such as nds-card), there is nothing stopping them from testing it, as R4I default packaging is resealable. It would have been a simple put it into a DS and see that no game icon came up (indicating a broken card in general, or the firmware was bricked). I feel like this would be a process they always go through to make sure they aren't sending a broken one in the first place so they don't lose money on reshipping+repairing effort time, based on the fact that this stuff is most likely not made in the most legit of ways, nor with any sort of quality materials because you get what you pay for. I have a feeling it is not an uncommon issue to get a batch of bad ones.

I however did contact them, and I would have to send it back to them on my own shipping money. Seeing as I was guessing the issue was the firmware, I just bought another and gave it away after I fixed the broken one myself.

I'm just saying that it's possible that whomever they have shipping it out from their stock locations is possibly not testing them, at all. What's odd is that the repair address was the same address as the shipping address... so it wouldn't make sense that they didn't have a DS to do so..

13. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    @Acryt I actually don't share this view at all. Think about it:

If I have business were I'm shipping hundreds of items a day I would rather have a %10 of users contacting me that they received a bad one and replace it than manualy test every single one of them... Is not convenient to test a hundred items to find one or two defective...

That way you do right for the people that received a bad product while still maximising profit and keep a happy customer base that will do business with you in the future.

It would be logical to manually test them only if it's a widespread issue, like if one in every three flashcards comes out bad and it becomes a significant loss to replace all the dead units, but if you look around you'll realise that most people that bought a R4i Gold 3DS are happy with the product working as intended.

No matter where you look at it from is not a good business practice to test every item to spot a few bad ones, that's time and effort lost where you could be doing something that is going to generate a bigger revenue in your business.

It's clear that you haven't work in the field before.

Last edited by Tony_93, Nov 7, 2015
    cvskid likes this.
  14. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    It's not that you test them on the spot soon as you receive a batch. It's that you simply test the one you are sending out. It's an extra 2minutes to avoid support work + extra shipping fees, and we're not talking about someone sending 100s of orders out everyday. We're talking someone that probably gets maybe 20-50 a day, and in a market where you have to be super competitive because there is 30-40 other resellers that all do the same exact thing, that also probably divides the order load up quite a a lot. We have NDS-Card that probably gets the biggest order load of them all due to it being the sponsor here, and they are testing cards before they send them out. Having to pay out shipping fees to reimburse the consumer of the broken product cuts into the profit margin. There is probably already a small profit margin on top of the original product anyway.

There is people that sell hundreds of second-hand goods on ebay everyday and still manage to test stuff to make sure it works, there is simply no excuse. If you want your site to be used, you need to give people a reason to use it over others.

15. romeoondaline

romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    U know where
    Legit site as ↑they↑ say!
    The real question is why are you buying a sky3ds if Nintendo is putting up a block for sky3ds on their newer games?

16. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    He can still play 5 years worth of retail games in his system that is probably >9.2 firmware, free Ninjhax 2.5, specially if it's a New 3DS in the latest firmware gaining a boost in his games' performance and add extra features rather than paying $60 a retail copy of cubic ninja alone.

Yeah...

17. romeoondaline

romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    U know where
    Just making sure he knows of what's coming!

18. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    What about modchipcentral.com?

19. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    It's pretty much the gold star for this kinda thing...

Pingu likes this.
  20. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    They ship from a NY warehouse/PO box. If it gets lost and you didn't pay for tracking/insurance, they'll screw you. Like they did me. Most retailers are now forcing you to pay for insurance/tracking. This jacks the price up and it's no guarantee.

Just be warned.