Hardware ModChipCentral sells fake Wii-Clips!!!

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
From the Wii-Clip website:

QUOTE said:
Here is one REAL case from Edward:

...... I've just recently ordered 2 modchip and 2 wii-clip from xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. thanks god without pre-soldered option. I tried to fit the V4C-9 on to my chip and its bigger than the chip. so WTF is going on. The wasabi looks OK. I came back to wiiclip HP to check soldering instructions and then i saw exactly the same situation like mine (http://www.wii-clip.com/images/clone_clip_top.jpg)
FAKE_DSCF0154_200.JPG
FAKE_DSCF0155_200.JPG

After i checked the fake or not fake page and exactly i have 2 fucking fake wii-clip. So fuck it modchipcentral.com nice shiny homepage but fake stuff.
I would recommend to remove it from reseller list this shop. Please, before other people throw money out of the window. Edward ......

I am sure my Wii-Clip was real but I guess they are selling fakes now, This is were I recommended my brothers friends to get their modchips.

I hope they don't get a fake!!!

Fr0sTby7eX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, I will kill if I get my just recently ordered Wiikey SOLDERED ON and it is a fake. I spent 60$ on that thing.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a soldered on Wiikey + clip today. It doesn't appear to be fake. I installed it and it works just fine.

I didn't look that close though.. and I'm a bit paranoid. I saw two rows of numbers on the bottom instead of the one that the fake has.

I should have looked at the font on the 1! I may have to open my Wii again, just to check. I really don't want to though. Also, I haven't seen any reports of fake V3 Wii clips. I'm not sure.

In any case, the guy who runs modchipcentral is a really nice guy. I'm positive that if he's sending fake clips, he's not doing it on purpose.

EDIT: To Fr0sTby7ex - don't worry man. CHECK YOURS! That way I can know if mine is fake without opening my Wii. I'm sure if your (and my own) Wii Clip(s) are fake, the guy who runs modchipcentral will replace them for little (or no) fee. From experience and from what I have heard, he's a very nice guy.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 to MCC's "legitness". Is there any comparison photos to show the differences? The clone one looks just like what I received from what I can recall but its dimensions were right as far as I could tell. (It did take a bit of force to get it to clip but I figured that was normal?)

Edit: Found the answer myself. Check this page if you are worried you might have a fake.

Edit 2: MCC is listed on their site as an official reseller as well.

Edit 3: I had to check or it would have bugged me... I am a victim of a fake clip. However it seems to work fine and I don't want to risk any (further?) damage by removing it.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case, I got a DRE today when I was playing a backup. I might have to take a look inside, even though DRE's aren't anything to freak out over.

EDIT: Either my clip is real or it's just a really good fake.
The 1's are correct.
P1020978.jpg

(Mods, if this picture is too big, just remove it or tell me and I'll take it down.)

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:
In any case, I got a DRE today when I was playing a backup. I might have to take a look inside, even though DRE's aren't anything to freak out over.

EDIT: Either my clip is real or it's just a really good fake.
The 1's are correct.
P1020978.jpg

(Mods, if this picture is too big, just remove it or tell me and I'll take it down.)
You should see what font the "1" is in. That is how you know you got a fake.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:

It's hard to tell by the picture, but they're the correct curved 1's.
I don't think that a fake Wii Clip V3 has been made (yet).

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:
NeSchn said:

Probably (and hopefully) not. I just sent a message to ModChipCentral earlier telling them about the situation.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
atomiccow said:
NeSchn said:

Probably (and hopefully) not. I just sent a message to ModChipCentral earlier telling them about the situation.

Same here.

Fr0sTby7eX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:
I just got a soldered on Wiikey + clip today. It doesn't appear to be fake. I installed it and it works just fine.

I didn't look that close though.. and I'm a bit paranoid. I saw two rows of numbers on the bottom instead of the one that the fake has.

I should have looked at the font on the 1! I may have to open my Wii again, just to check. I really don't want to though. Also, I haven't seen any reports of fake V3 Wii clips. I'm not sure.

In any case, the guy who runs modchipcentral is a really nice guy. I'm positive that if he's sending fake clips, he's not doing it on purpose.

EDIT: To Fr0sTby7ex - don't worry man. CHECK YOURS! That way I can know if mine is fake without opening my Wii. I'm sure if your (and my own) Wii Clip(s) are fake, the guy who runs modchipcentral will replace them for little (or no) fee. From experience and from what I have heard, he's a very nice guy.

Will Do
biggrin.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently, thus far it only seems to be the D2CPro9 clips that are fakes coming from them.

On a side note did anyone else feel like they were going to break something when trying to get the clip to clip?

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
So apparently, thus far it only seems to be the D2CPro9 clips that are fakes coming from them.

On a side note did anyone else feel like they were going to break something when trying to get the clip to clip?
Nope, I just lined it up with the chip and used a little force to clip it on. I didn't feel like anything was going to break.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello to all.

We did receive a batch of non authentic Wiiclips in the beginning of July from a supplier that claimed they were authentic. They were on backorder from the Wiiclip team in the beginning of July so we ordered 50 V4C and 50 V5 from a supplier that guaranteed us they were authentic.

We have personally notified the Wiiclip team about this last month and are exchanging anyones non authentic clip to an authentic one. Well, not really exchanging since the non authentic Wiiclip is of no use to us. So you keep your non authentic one and we will ship you a new authentic one.

Just send us an e-mail using our Contact Us form.

This was in early July as well so the small quantity we received has been long gone. Rest assure, you will be taken care of.

Mod Central Ltd
Sylvester G.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received an un-official Wiikey with no hologram when I ordered from you guys. So you aren't very trustful. I don't expect a new one because I am going to order from a new place. And even if I was going to email you about this issue, I would not want to use your crappy 1-2day response email form. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing
happy.gif
sleep.gif

Has anyone else received an un-official wiikey from these guys? Because I mean, they even say their sellers of Authentic Wiikeys /W Hologram!

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
I received an un-official Wiikey with no hologram when I ordered from you guys. So you aren't very trustful. I don't expect a new one because I am going to order from a new place. And even if I was going to email you about this issue, I would not want to use your crappy 1-2day response email form. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing
happy.gif
sleep.gif

Has anyone else received an un-official wiikey from these guys? Because I mean, they even say their sellers of Authentic Wiikeys /W Hologram!
Nope I got an official WiiKey with the hologram.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is not possible. Every Wiikey ships with a hologram inside the package. The only way it is shipped without one is if the ESD bag is opened up and the hologram is removed manually.

Check their reseller list on www.wiikey.cn . We are one of 3 only listed for North America because they have just cleaned up their reseller list based on when resellers have last ordered from them. If someone has not ordered from a long time, they have been removed for selling clones.

As well, all e-mails are responded to within 24 hours
smile.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I got the clone one. I checked up on the internet the difference between the real ones and fake. And the fake ones have the "C2" labeled fuse a different direction then the real one. And mine was was the fake clone. So I would seriously look into checking all the labeled fuses on your Wiikeys. So can I get a refund so I have my money back to buy another one or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May the 4th be with you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: May the 4th be with you