ModchipCentral includes a usb> 3ds charger

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ryokoseigo, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ryokoseigo
    OP

ryokoseigo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    Canada
    No clue why anyone would ever want this cable but it comes with it, as does a microSD > usb reader.

I hoped the 3ds > usb was some magical SD card reading function but it doesnt seem to be.

I'm not sure if the other retailers include these, but the reviews ive seen dont mention them.

I will add that their shipping in canada is much slower then they say, it says 4 days, took double that.

2. jcipher

jcipher Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2009
    Canada
    My card did arrive in 4 days but the microsd reader either didn't get sent or fell out. They're sending it in regular mail as a replacement.

The usb charger cable doesn't seem to work well. When charging, the red light blinks randomly while the original charger works without blinking.

The MicroSD reader writes very slow (around 0.8MB/s). Didn't bother to test read speed.

3. Mr_Pichu

Mr_Pichu かわいいね!

Dec 10, 2013
    United States

I haven't tried my cable, but it probably depends on the quality of your power source. The standard Nintendo provided charger is rated at 900mA.

4. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I've used USB chargers for DSi/3DS and they work fine for me. Bought a couple on eBay for a couple bucks each.

5. LimeWan

LimeWan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2013
    Canada
    When I ordered back in September, it got shipped out on X day at 7:00 PM, and I received it next day before 12:00 PM.

Granted, I am located about an hour drive from them (Toronto), so perhaps this is the reason for fast shipping.

May I also add that I got the regular shipping; whatever the lowest one was.

6. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    i ordered from then last Saturday but they lied on the GW 3DS page about having them in stock... so i had to wait until they had it in stock to ship it.

7. Lush

Lush GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2007
    Canada
    I ordered 2 gateways on Saturday night and they shipped yesterday with an eta of Friday...