Hacking Modchip to hack 4.3 virgin Wii ?

airline38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there anyone tried to use a modchip (EX:Wiikey Fusion ) to hack 4.3 virgin Wii ?

According to the Wiikey Fusion information, we can load game (ISO file) to its
SD card reader.

If a 4.3 (no matter J/U/E/K) virgin Wii is compatible with this kind of SD card reader ,
suppose we can load SSBB or LEGO Indiana Jones ISO file into the reader then
apply the exploit.

Is this idea OK ?

rafao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If your wii have a D3-2 drive (my case) or D3 your unique solution is a USB Loaders to play a backups. You not able to play GC backups with USB/SD, only Wii backups.

If your wii have a other drives (EX: D2C) you made install all of modchips available on the market.

I am waiting my friend to use the Mauifrog or WiiCrazy guide to hack my wii or i will be paid U$99 for a original Lego Indiana Jones game on my country (Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Brazil costs U$120 same as Mario Kart).
frown.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That won't work on Japanese or Korean Wiis. System Menu 4.2 contains an additional region check (it checks the last character of the title ID).

rafao said:
If your wii have a D3-2 drive (my case) or D3 your unique solution is a USB Loaders to play a backups. You not able to play GC backups with USB/SD, only Wii backups.
D3 drives are capable of playing burned discs. It's D3-2 and D4 drives that cannot.

rafao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Correct my post. If your wii not have same drives quoted, you may able to play backups from a DVD burned discs. If no, buy a SD Card, USB Flash Drive or an external HDD and install your games with WBFS Manager 3.0, and use a Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns Exploit to install a USB Loader and NeoGamma.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
airline38 said:
Is there anyone tried to use a modchip (EX:Wiikey Fusion ) to hack 4.3 virgin Wii ?

According to the Wiikey Fusion information, we can load game (ISO file) to its
SD card reader.

If a 4.3 (no matter J/U/E/K) virgin Wii is compatible with this kind of SD card reader ,
suppose we can load SSBB or LEGO Indiana Jones ISO file into the reader then
apply the exploit.

Is this idea OK ?
As long as you use a same-region game (so if you have a PAL Wii you can't use SmashStack, as it only works on NTSC-U SSBB, nor you can use a NTSC-U Indiana Jones, because of the added region-checks of 4.2) you can do it without problems.

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Dialexio said:
That won't work on Japanese or Korean Wiis. System Menu 4.2 contains an additional region check (it checks the last character of the title ID).

rafao said:
D3 drives are capable of playing burned discs. It's D3-2 and D4 drives that cannot.

What if I change the game ID via HexEdit? the console can over region then?

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
raulpica said:
As long as you use a same-region game (so if you have a PAL Wii you can't use SmashStack, as it only works on NTSC-U SSBB, nor you can use a NTSC-U Indiana Jones, because of the added region-checks of 4.2) you can do it without problems.
So the existing smashstack savegame is region U, it was compiled with the NTSC-U version game to hack the U region Wii's.
Than why would it not be possible to do the exact same thing with a PAL-E version?

The only difference is the region, so if someone with a PAL system would know how to do that, it should be possible with SSBB.
(i know a european hacker, so he only needs to know how they build smashstack for U region, so he can do the same with the E region

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people have tried converting smashstack for E region and it would not work. There is more differences to the disc than just the region.

For instance, SSBB-U can not autoboot at all, it will just give an error saying to insert the SSBB disc. But SSBB-E is able to be autobooted and does not give any errors at all.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hetfield said:
raulpica said:
So the existing smashstack savegame is region U, it was compiled with the NTSC-U version game to hack the U region Wii's.
Than why would it not be possible to do the exact same thing with a PAL-E version?

The only difference is the region, so if someone with a PAL system would know how to do that, it should be possible with SSBB.
(i know a european hacker, so he only needs to know how they build smashstack for U region, so he can do the same with the E region
comex couldn't probably find the same exploit in the E version, that's why it won't work.

Nintendo obviously changed some code around, between the two versions. It might either require further research (but comex's a pretty skilled fella, so I doubt it) or just be impossible on the EU version.

Blobem

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so here goes I have messaged the site drivekey.co.uk and they have told me that as I am on the 4.3 update I cannot play different region games only the pal games as I am In the uk so all the update does is stops the different region games so it is completely safe as long as you play your own region of game also for people who might be wondering he also told me to use the 16x discs for the best performance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Was called Libra, they had around 100 employees and wanted to hire more near to end of the year.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, idk why facebook tried to do that metaverse thing if mmo games already existed before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And Yea I refuse to call it meta
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then why did you call it like that a minute ago?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't get why Facebook ever wanted to dabble into virtual reality, when other companies were doing it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Just to emphasize on what I mean.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, If women bug you, find a man instead lol.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    investors expect crazy profits regardless of the methods to achieve it. so ceo's gotta get creative
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Isn't that like every corporation?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, thats what @AncientBoi did (although he probably liked men from the beggining)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, (for now)
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i thought he swung every way
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Are you looking at my dong, or are you pleased to see me?"
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: "Are you looking at my dong, or are you pleased to see me?"