Hacking Mod without Zelda game?

Areomax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this site and so far have found it to be the most informative, but I am a total dummie when it comes to figuring out this mod thing.My question on moding my Wii is, Do I need the Zelda game disk to do the Mod? I live in the middle of nowwhere and the closest place for me to get the game is 300 miles away.
Or is there software I can use to Mod without the Zelda game? I have looked at the setup for dummies forum but am confused with all the sections.
I appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks in Advance,
Areomax

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unless your nick is Comex and you are a major coder on the Wii scene, right now there is no way of softmodding your Wii without the Zelda game, unless of course you are on 3.2 or earlier and have a ModChip installed...!!
smile.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point, No

There are rumors of an exploit that needs a special channel on the SD card, but until comex releases it, I'n not sure. Also, I'm not sure if it will allow people on 4.0 to do much else at this point. I guess we will, see, but for the time being, you are unfortunately in a holding pattern.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BannerBomb is the codename for the new exploit Comex is working on.

What it is :

Load the files onto your SD card, go to your SystemMenu, then into Settings. Access the SD Card via the Channels option (view channels you've installed/moved to your SD Card), and at that point, while loading the banner, it will code dump/run any Boot.DOL you have on the root of your SD card.

It's the TPHack, minus TP. From the reports, it WILL work with 4.0, but getting cIOS's installed is still being figured out for a virgin 4.0 (since all the virgin 4.0 IOS's are hack proof AT THE TIME OF THIS POST)

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wondering if you had a infectus tool if it would be possible to use a dump from a hacked 4.0 wii and transfer that dump onto a native 4.0 wii so you could have homebrew channel? thus hacking a 4.0 wii kindof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up