Mod gone wrong

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Centimetro, Oct 4, 2008.

Oct 4, 2008

Mod gone wrong by Centimetro at 5:58 AM (917 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Centimetro
    OP

Member Centimetro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello,

I have a Wii with a D2A drive...

I got a free-clip wii clip... i programmed it with YAOSM... solderless...

got it installed thanks to very helpful youtube videos. as far as i could tell everything went right.

after plugging it in, LED is amber. I try to turn it on, it flashes red/green/amber but mostly red. i try to put a dvd disc in, same thing... so i cant get it to really turn on or accept a disc.

im about to take it apart again but i was wondering if anyone knows what specifically to check for in case i run into trouble?

thanks so much... =(

2. Centimetro
    OP

United States
    i fixed it now after an hour or so of trouble shooting. apparently i bent a pin in the white connector on the dvd player in my hastiness. so if anyone in the future searches for a problem... yeah... consider that.

3. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Was this one of the DX ones?

4. Centimetro
    OP

United States
    yes, it was. it works by the way, now that i fixed my DVD drive.

5. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Ive got one already ordered. was it fairly easy to install and load the software onto the chip? aside from your slight hiccup that is?

6. Centimetro
    OP

United States
    installing the software took a little while for me only because i didnt fully understand the process and coudlnt find any easy tutorials. main things to be aware of are to :

a) make sure your comp has a serial port, most do but to my understanding some newer comps dont. if you dont have one you need an adapter

b) the chip that plugs into the programmer is VERY picky. you have to kind of jam it in a little hard, or it wont be recognized by your comp. i even had to hold it in while it programmed.

installing it into the wii was a piece of cake. even if i had trouble putting the wii back together, the chip itself was definitely the easiest part.