scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a Sony Ericsson W302 phone, and it's got some glitches I'd like clarified, 'cause they don't make much sense:[*]My phone lags sometimes, badly. Like when you're typing a text. Is that because the firmware is to heavy for the processor or something?[*]The walkman player sometimes won't play when my normal headset or bluetooth headset is connected. It just hangs, and does nothing. And it crashes when you go into the file browser.[*]When a text comes in while I'm playing a game, or just music, it crashes and does a hard-reset. Maybe firmware issue?I've contacted a local reseller about this, he updated my phone to the latest firmware which 'should solve everything' but it has made it worse. It's getting really annoying right now. I must also stress that I haven't modified it in any way, there is nothing on the phones internal memory, everything is on my memory card.

I'm thinking of getting an ipod touch, unless this can be solved.

any help is appreciated.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
backup as much you can. (contacts to sim and other files to memory stick if you have)
then:
1. Select 'Menu' (press the Navi key).
2. Hightlight 'Settings' and select (press the Navi key).
3. On the 'General' tab highlight 'Reset all' and select (press the Navi key).
4. After reading the warning message, select 'Cont.' (press the Navi key).
5. Select 'Continue' (press the Navi key) again, for the phone to reset.

Thats a all i know that could fix it. Have never had a Sony Eriksson in my life
tongue.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
I've got a Sony Ericsson W302 phone, and it's got some glitches I'd like clarified, 'cause they don't make much sense:[*]My phone lags sometimes, badly. Like when you're typing a text. Is that because the firmware is to heavy for the processor or something?[*]The walkman player sometimes won't play when my normal headset or bluetooth headset is connected. It just hangs, and does nothing. And it crashes when you go into the file browser.[*]When a text comes in while I'm playing a game, or just music, it crashes and does a hard-reset. Maybe firmware issue?I've contacted a local reseller about this, he updated my phone to the latest firmware which 'should solve everything' but it has made it worse. It's getting really annoying right now. I must also stress that I haven't modified it in any way, there is nothing on the phones internal memory, everything is on my memory card.

any help is appreciated.

Just for the record here the 302 is NOT! made by SONY! its only badged by SONY and its a pretty poor phone in general which is actually made by SAGEM
frown.gif

If you want a half decent phone that's a walkman too and not on a massive budget get an ANDROID based phone X10 series or HTC both are pretty good (I have an XPERIA X10) its a pretty good phone even though the update for android 2.1 isnt out as yet (end of this month hopefully) its a pretty decent spec phone 8.1mp camera with WVGA 30fps video recording (will be HD 720P with 2.1 update) a 1ghz processor with 1gb internal memory and 384 MB RAM
smile.gif

with ANDROID being open source there's pretty much any app that's available on Iphone and a lot that are not too most of them free too or advert supported ..there are also plenty of media player apps out for it ...the stock player is pretty good too
smile.gif

Don't get me wrong here Iphone is pretty good but its the overall cost for using it that's pretty big ..for anything decent regarding data usage and texts and minutes packages you pay an awful lot out per month add to this paying for most of the decent apps too is a pita!

to sum up DUMP THE 302 its not a real SONY phone its a SAGEM!!!
frown.gif

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CrimzonEyed said:
backup as much you can. (contacts to sim and other files to memory stick if you have)
then:
1. Select 'Menu' (press the Navi key).
2. Hightlight 'Settings' and select (press the Navi key).
3. On the 'General' tab highlight 'Reset all' and select (press the Navi key).
4. After reading the warning message, select 'Cont.' (press the Navi key).
5. Select 'Continue' (press the Navi key) again, for the phone to reset.

Thats a all i know that could fix it. Have never had a Sony Eriksson in my life
tongue.gif
that's what they did at the retailer, and I've done it myself once after that, and it didn't work.

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
scrtmstr said:

any help is appreciated.

Just for the record here the 302 is NOT! made by SONY! its only badged by SONY and its a pretty poor phone in general which is actually made by SAGEM
frown.gif

If you want a half decent phone that's a walkman too and not on a massive budget get an ANDROID based phone X10
yea, I found that out already... A friend of mine has that sagem, and they both suck balls.
It's a good mobile phone though, I think I'm going to keep this just for calls and texts, and just get an Itouch, 'cause I just can't take this any longer.
I was out in town just now, had my bluetooth headset on, it started lagging and it just stopped playing music.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
yea, I found that out already... A friend of mine has that sagem, and they both suck balls.
It's a good mobile phone though, I think I'm going to keep this just for calls and texts, and just get an Itouch, 'cause I just can't take this any longer.
I was out in town just now, had my bluetooth headset on, it started lagging and it just stopped playing music.

Hit send too soon lol read my edited post for suggestions
wink.gif

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
scrtmstr said:

wink.gif
haha thanks for pointing that out;) but yea, I'm not looking for an Iphone, an ipod touch is good enough. I can't afford a contract as of yet, not enough income. I need something with long battery life, because my SoGem's battery is dead after about 4 hours of music playback, while my headset lasts 11+ hours. I heard some pretty bad stuff about my friend's X10, he only gets around 5 hours music and video playback, and with the camera on it's even worse. Still a nice suggestion though, thanks for your help
wink.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
kobykaan said:
scrtmstr said:

wink.gif

haha thanks for pointing that out;) but yea, I'm not looking for an Iphone, an ipod touch is good enough. I can't afford a contract as of yet, not enough income. I need something with long battery life, because my SoGem's battery is dead after about 4 hours of music playback, while my headset lasts 11+ hours. I heard some pretty bad stuff about my friend's X10, he only gets around 5 hours music and video playback, and with the camera on it's even worse. Still a nice suggestion though, thanks for your help
wink.gif

lol I bought this battery from ebay £12.99

iWFet.jpg

Description Of Extended Replacement Battery For Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

* Item No CS-ERX10BL
* Volts 3.7 V
* Back Cover? Extended Battery With Black Color Back Cover
* Type Li-ion
* Capacity 2600 mAh
* Warranty 12 Months

Makes it a little more bulky as its a fatter almost double thickness battery but..... you soon forget about that with the duration of it
wink.gif

It's money well spent with normal use 3 or 4 hours music playback a few calls loads of texts emails and twitter usage keeping the 3G on all day using the GPS for navigation etc I get a full day out of it with over 50% battery left (this is after about 18 hrs usage btw!
wink.gif

you will find the majority of SMART phones eat the battery life with 3G and wifi and GPS usage they are all like this even the Iphone (Quick fact did you know with the Iphone they apparently throttled back the processor speed to give it an extra few minutes usage??)

....Ipods are different they don't need 3G or GPS so last a lot longer
smile.gif

Its up to you anyhow its your money
smile.gif

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
scrtmstr said:
kobykaan said:
scrtmstr said:

wink.gif

wink.gif

lol I bought this battery from ebay £12.99

iWFet.jpg

Description Of Extended Replacement Battery For Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

* Item No CS-ERX10BL
* Volts 3.7 V
* Back Cover? Extended Battery With Black Color Back Cover
* Type Li-ion
* Capacity 2600 mAh
* Warranty 12 Months

Makes it a little more bulky as its a fatter almost double thickness battery but..... you soon forget about that with the duration of it
wink.gif

It's money well spent with normal use 3 or 4 hours music playback a few calls loads of texts I get a full day out of it with over 50% battery left (this is after about 18 hrs usage btw!
wink.gif

you will find the majority of SMART phones eat the battery life with 3G and wifi and GPS usage they are all like this even the Iphone (Quick fact did you know with the Iphone they apparently throttled back the processor speed to give it an extra few minutes usage??)

....Ipods are different they don't need 3G or GPS so last a lot longer
smile.gif

Its up to you anyhow its your money
smile.gif
thanks for your advice, I'm going to look into this, it's appreciated
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.