ROM Hack Missingno. in [Pokemon Let's Go!]

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I've modified the evolution tables of Rattata to evolve into "Missingno.".
First I tried to replace the Pokemon Number #20 (Raticate) (in Hex: 14 00) in which Rattata evolves to "00 00".

Rattata evolved into "Egg":
unknown.png
After that, the Game crashed, unfortunately :S

I tried something else then.
First I tried to replace the Pokemon Number #20 (Raticate) (in Hex: 14 00) in which Rattata evolves to "7B 03" (Int16 for 891) .
This was the result:
2018111511420300-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

2018111511420700-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

2018111511422500-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

2018111511423600-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

2018111511424000-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

B0ss1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Good one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sorry to bother your again but could you post the file. I'm new to this stuff. Thanks

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried instead editing a existing pokemon into "Egg" By setting it's species id to the one immediately after the last known species in the game? In gen 6 and 7, this results in an "egg" that you can use in battle. Though in gen 7 the game crashes if you attempt to use it in battle. In Gen 6 (Pokemon X/Y and ORAS) the egg was functional in battle but had base zero stats so was pretty terrible. :P

You'll have to modify PkHeX to allow creating such a pokemon as that's what I had to do with Gen 6/7. I'm not sure what that would be for these games. May either be the species index after maltan/malmetal (that new nut pokemon. :P) or the one after pokemon 151/152 (which ever one Mew happens to be). Looks like you've tried something like this via the evolution tables in the rom instead. This may cause crashes. Once PkHeX is available for this game, try that route instead. ;)

In gens 6/7 all mons you make after the egg one results in mostly bulbasours with a mix of ivysours every now and then. Looks like this game uses marawaks?

Don't use species index 0. In gens 6/7 the games treats that as an empty box/party slot so what you ended up with is a malformed pokemon of some kind so that may be why your game crashed immediately. Try what I did, you may get more stable results. You'd at the very least be able to view it in your party. (would be interesting to see what would happen if you tried to set it as your overworld follower). Though it does seem that "egg" in gens 6/7 used the base stats from species index 0. If I modified those stats for species 0 in the rom, "egg" would take those stats (and the TM/Learn move pool too so I could have it learn moves if I wanted too). ;)

You could instead try and make "Egg" appear via the wild encounter tables. That would be interesting. Wonder if that would work seeing that overworld pokemon are a thing now and wild encounters are shown via that. Assuming it wouldn't crash from that you'd see "Egg" running around prior to encountering it. :P

Normally I'd advise a masterball to catch it (because it uses stats from species 0 and which has really really bad near impossible catch rate. Might in fact be impossible? The value for catch rate is 0 or 255. Either the lowest possible or the highest. I don't recall. :P) "Egg" has no move pool and will just struggle to death if you try to waste normal balls on it. Don't really battle wild mons in these games though so that may not be a problem. Might still need a masterball but not sure. Depends on how they reworked the catch rate stuff in this game. Are masterballs even in this game? lol

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried instead editing a existing pokemon into "Egg" By setting it's species id to the one immediately after the last known species in the game? In gen 6 and 7, this results in an "egg" that you can use in battle. Though in gen 7 the game crashes if you attempt to use it in battle. In Gen 6 (Pokemon X/Y and ORAS) the egg was functional in battle but had base zero stats so was pretty terrible. :P

You'll have to modify PkHeX to allow creating such a pokemon as that's what I had to do with Gen 6/7. I'm not sure what that would be for these games. May either be the species index after maltan/malmetal (that new nut pokemon. :P) or the one after pokemon 151/152 (which ever one Mew happens to be). Looks like you've tried something like this via the evolution tables in the rom instead. This may cause crashes. Once PkHeX is available for this game, try that route instead. ;)

In gens 6/7 all mons you make after the egg one results in mostly bulbasours with a mix of ivysours every now and then. Looks like this game uses marawaks?

Don't use species index 0. In gens 6/7 the games treats that as an empty box/party slot so what you ended up with is a malformed pokemon of some kind so that may be why your game crashed immediately. Try what I did, you may get more stable results. You'd at the very least be able to view it in your party. (would be interesting to see what would happen if you tried to set it as your overworld follower). Though it does seem that "egg" in gens 6/7 used the base stats from species index 0. If I modified those stats for species 0 in the rom, "egg" would take those stats (and the TM/Learn move pool too so I could have it learn moves if I wanted too). ;)

You could instead try and make "Egg" appear via the wild encounter tables. That would be interesting. Wonder if that would work seeing that overworld pokemon are a thing now and wild encounters are shown via that. Assuming it wouldn't crash from that you'd see "Egg" running around prior to encountering it. :P

Normally I'd advise a masterball to catch it (because it uses stats from species 0 and which has really really bad near impossible catch rate. Might in fact be impossible? The value for catch rate is 0 or 255. Either the lowest possible or the highest. I don't recall. :P) "Egg" has no move pool and will just struggle to death if you try to waste normal balls on it. Don't really battle wild mons in these games though so that may not be a problem. Might still need a masterball but not sure. Depends on how they reworked the catch rate stuff in this game. Are masterballs even in this game? lol

That's are great ideas! :D
I'll try that for sure, would be cool to have an Egg that's able to fight xDD

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here's your MissingNo.
6a61a20a08.jpg

Edit: Didn't see your screenshot of it, my bad!

Last edited by Undi,
Reactions: Aldoria

HelloThere123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@xXDungeon_CrawlerXx So to edit what level a pokemon evolves, you go into your romfs\bin\pokelib\evolution folder, open the file "evo_<pokedex number>.bin" with a Hex Editor, and change 0x07 to the level you want the pokemon to evolve at. Is that right? What anout changing what a pokemon evolves into? Do you just change 0x04 to the desired pokemons pokedex number or what?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@xXDungeon_CrawlerXx So to edit what level a pokemon evolves, you go into your romfs\bin\pokelib\evolution folder, open the file "evo_<pokedex number>.bin" with a Hex Editor, and change 0x07 to the level you want the pokemon to evolve at. Is that right? What anout changing what a pokemon evolves into? Do you just change 0x04 to the desired pokemons pokedex number or what?

For many bin files it is like that, yes.
Some files are different, tho. They contain more evolutions. just check the bytes as int, you'll see if it's a level or the pokemon id it evolves into

Jeffrey367

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go into your romfs\bin\pokelib\evolution folder, open the file "evo_019.bin" with a Hex Editor and change the Value 0x04 to "97" (additionally change 0x07 to "05" to change the required level from 20 to 5).
View attachment 149444

Few questions if you don’t mind.
Does it learn Mew’s abilities after its evolved?
Is the Mew considered “legit”? I saw another threat which stated that it would be considered “hacked” until traded. Is that the same case here?

Thank you in advance.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Few questions if you don’t mind.
Does it learn Mew’s abilities after its evolved?
Is the Mew considered “legit”? I saw another threat which stated that it would be considered “hacked” until traded. Is that the same case here?

Thank you in advance.
Not sure tbh.
Haven't "hacked" me a Mew that way.
I'll try to play through the game without cheats/hacks for now^^

It SHOULD learn Mews Moves, but I don't know if the game consider this mew as "hacked" or "traded"

Reactions: Jeffrey367

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok now that PkHeX is released I modified the source code to test glitch mons. Chickorita and Species index 810 (the one immediately after MelMetal).

They behave more like bad eggs in this game. But the menu UI doesn't let me do anythign with them. (no sub menus appear when I try to press A on one). They can't be healed either.

They do appear in battle though. Just have to remove all other mons from party first. But game immediately boots you out of the battle saying all your mons fainted. The game doesn't crash though so I could model swap Egg over another mon if I want to. :D

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok found out Egg can be used in battle! But PkHeX wasn't generating the mon correctly.

Instead I made a mon evolve into species 810 instead. This was the result!

The hex for 810 is "2A 03" by the way. (already converted to Little Endian). So use that in the evo table of the mon yo uwant to evolve it into "Egg". Evolving to species 0 crashes the game so don't do that one. :P

@xXDungeon_CrawlerXx You almost discovered a usable "Egg" yourself. But species 891 was too high in your test. Anything that is beyond 810 uses Marowak models. I also tested evolving something into Chickorita. There appears to be species data for it as it displayed the correct text and typing/stats. But of coarse used a marowak model. Game crashed though! :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok found out Egg can be used in battle! But PkHeX wasn't generating the mon correctly.

Instead I made a mon evolve into species 810 instead. This was the result!

https://twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/1063653022298005504

The hex for 810 is "2A 03" by the way. (already converted to Little Endian). So use that in the evo table of the mon yo uwant to evolve it into "Egg". Evolving to species 0 crashes the game so don't do that one. :P

@xXDungeon_CrawlerXx You almost discovered a usable "Egg" yourself. But species 891 was too high in your test. Anything that is beyond 810 uses Marowak models. I also tested evolving something into Chickorita. There appears to be species data for it as it displayed the correct text and typing/stats. But of coarse used a marowak model. Game crashed though! :P
Thank you very much for your find! :D
Will make a useable Egg, too :P

btw. I believe Nintendo will release "DLCs/Addons" to add more Pokemon into the Game (Gen 2, 3, 4) over the time.
+ they probably will add another Gen to it?
Otherwise it would make no sense to have that many Pokemon evo-tables in the Gamefiles, tho.
They're planning something

Reactions: Perfect One

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TqrHFq2.jpg

>=)

Edit: After you save and reload it shows as FAINTED and you can't interact with it anymore... hmm... the floating text changed to "113 (Lv.0)" from "MISSINGNO." that I had named it before reload. I suspect it's because the data and values are in memory but when you load the game, it has no table to pull them from so you get a jacked up egg you can't remove (without save editing).

Edit 2: Doing this causes the game to crash out after this screen most of the time, as does trying to rename it, which I was able to do once and the other time it crashed. The time I got both to work nicely, the Switch was docked.

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much for your find! :D
Will make a useable Egg, too :P

btw. I believe Nintendo will release "DLCs/Addons" to add more Pokemon into the Game (Gen 2, 3, 4) over the time.
+ they probably will add another Gen to it?
Otherwise it would make no sense to have that many Pokemon evo-tables in the Gamefiles, tho.
They're planning something

I hope they add more pokémons to Quest game too!

Love those blocky and almost-pure voxel models! <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night