Missing Games from list

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by the_rhino_uk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. the_rhino_uk
    OP

the_rhino_uk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Something odd is going on with my CycloDS. I have a Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC card and a DS Games directory where I have been putting all my DS games and I have only really just started to fill it right up.

Anyway I started to notice the other day that some of my ROM's are not appearing on my games list which I found odd. I thought at first that the ROM's where buggered until today I noticed when I renamed some roms (so I knew what they where) that games I know used to appear on the list no longer do.

For example I was playing professor layton but I renamed it today and it doesn't appear anymore.

SO I am starting to think that either I need to split my games into different directorys as the CycloDS can't support a huge list of games OR there is something in the naming that is causing them not appearing.

Has anyone got any thoughts / advise on this?

2. the_rhino_uk
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Ah, just split all my games into 4 different directory's and everything is appearing so I guess the CycloDS can't handle having loads of ROM in one directory!! [​IMG]

3. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I just recently found this out when a friend filled up his 16GB card. Said the Cyclo won't show more than 127 files in a folder so he had to split them up into multiple folders.

I've got an 8GB card that's only about half-full and I still only play the same 3 or 4 games. Clearly I'm not using my Cyclo to it's full potential. [​IMG]

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    NO MEMORY CARD can use more than 127 files in the ROOT FOLDER without issues! ..... its a flaw with the cards root directory not the CYCLO or any other DS CARD [​IMG]

as above split them into several directory's or categorize them to genres [​IMG]

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    What amazes me is how you managed to put 127 ROMs in your MicroSD without feeling the need to organize a bit.

6. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Orga...what? [​IMG]

7. Isaiah

Isaiah The Conductor

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane
    hmm i had this same thing with my r4 lol my files just disapered

8. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2008
    I had the same problem too, 127 is the max. I need to organise... I do it via ROM number.

Folder:

1 - 1000
    1001 - 2000
    2001 - 3000

Sometimes it's hard to find the game, but I like knowing the ROM number... I guess I can always change the menu look.

9. the_rhino_uk
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Well I just had a DS Games folder and added a few in there when I first started out. And then I got greedy and chucked loads in (you know, for a rainy day)!

It wasn't until I copied on a game I wanted to play when I couldn't find it in my list so I just thought the ROM was knackered.

Not to worry, I have now 6 folders and the games organised into them.

Just gotta try and sort out my GBA save game problems and I will be happy!

10. Pedobear

Pedobear Banned

Banned
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    alright, good luck then.
    mods close?

11. virtualbeta

virtualbeta Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2009
    United States
    I had same issue with cycloDS not an issue with my R4HC or EZ 5P. It is also hard to detect on cyclo since it does not show a file count in the dir. My games are in a folder called NDSGame off the root dir.