1. CrazySquid

OP CrazySquid Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello, I have a problem, It's not very important as my Wii U works perfectly, but I just want to see if something can be done.
    I currently have ALL my data on a USB hard drive, my Wii U is 32GB and is empty according to the data manager. However, the console should have 25GB of free space, I suddently have 24GB for no reason.
    I started deleting lots of useless system apps such as Miiverse, Nintendo TVii (the app is still on the Wii U even if the icon was removed...) notifications, etc. And while I gained about 300MB of free space inside the MLC, the 24GB number is still there (all of this with ftpiiu). It surprises me because even with all that garbage I was having 25GB before, I even deleted a user and still the same space.

So, is this a Cafe OS bug or something? I can't find what is taking space on my MLC, I have a NAND backup from when I had 25GB of free space, but I'm not going to do a hardmod just for that (unless there is a NAND restoring method with a fully working Wii U that doesn't involve hardmod). I tried to restore the NAND using FTPiiU on a redNAND but I had no luck, the system crashes when restoring certain files.

Also, I know this is stupid, my Wii U works fine, but I just would like to know why now it has 1GB less of space when I didn't install anything in the internal memory, data manager doesn't show anything installed...

I compared my redNAND backup (which has 25GB of free space) and my sysNAND which has 24GB, the first one MLCs space usage ia about 780MB, and the latter one (24GB) is 500MB, so something is not making sense at all.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. CrazySquid

OP CrazySquid Newbie
    Newcomer

Never mind, it got fixed somehow, now it reports it's 25GB of space, seems to be a reading error from Cafe OS (I did restore all the apps I did delete though).

But now I have another question, according to the size of my Wii U MLC backup, the NAND is about 30.1GB... usage of the MLC according to ftpiiu is about 700MB... That should leave 29.4GB of free space, but the system reports 25GB free. That means all of that space goes unused?

3. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Poland
    It's probably reserved for system data

jeannotte and CrazySquid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - internal, Missing, memory