Mirrors Edge 2 Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by EnigmaXtreme, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Publisher EA has confirmed that a sequel to first-person platformer Mirror's Edge is currently in development.

Speaking to VideoGamer, Patrick Soderlund, vice president of EA Games Europe, announced that a small team at development studio DICE has begun work on the project.

"Mirror’s Edge was a risky move. It was a bold move, a very innovative and inspiring move. The game wasn't perfect by any means. We would have liked the game to sell better even though the game has sold better than most people think.

"You will see another Mirror’s Edge for sure. It's just a matter of when that time is and what we do with it. We have a small team on it and I’m excited about what we do."

Despite modest sales and mixed reviews, EA has always maintained that it would continue to invest in the IP, with company CEO John Riccitiello assuring fans of future instalments at a conference call last December.

SOURCE: http://www.destructoid.com/mirror-s-edge-2...ed-135932.phtml

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Source Please [​IMG]

Great News. I really enjoyed the first one, it was something differnet, but combined with its stunning looks, it just looked awesome. I'd just really like to see what they will add on to the second.

3. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Australia
    Added source, my bad!

4. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    YES!!

I LOVED the first one. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy it, but I really did. Completed it over 4 times. [​IMG] One of my favourite games of 2008 and probably all time.

Very excited for the sequel as I'm sure they'll address the issues and drawbacks the first one had.

5. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Australia
    I have never played it, but i defitenly wouldnt mind a Wii port. I applaud the developers for trying something new instead of the same old zombie/shoot em ups/racing games we get

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Thanks [​IMG]

Hopefully they will put more effort into the actual physics of the weapons. I know the game wasn't meant for that kind of thing, but still it would have been nice to see at least some realism when it came to that issue.

7. Dylaan

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ditto! The game was a masterpiece with a few minor flaws that really shouldn't have been criticised so heavily. Possibly the only game I've paid for in the last 12 months, money well spent! Our 'local' radio station even had 'Still Alive' in their playlist for a few months.

I'll be waiting!

8. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the problem is with the system... which one will they go for
    i did hear it was great before and let's hope the sequel is better bcz i dont think usually they are as good as the first

9. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Minor? Some sections were fantastic, especially the simple ones where you could zip through. The occasional guard shooting at you would've been great as well, but instead they stuck 'em all in front of you and trod all over the pacing, it's like they never even playtested it. If they get rid of the bloody guards, don't spread checkpoints out so much at certain times, perhaps make it longer, and just make it flow more it could be absolutely fantastic. However, it does look beautiful, and at times showed greatness (the train section was pretty clever, but again too irritating to be as cool as it should've been), it's just how irritating it can be at times that wrecks the experience. Definitely worthy of a sequel though, there's so much to get out of the IP still.

10. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I liked the guards, the whole feeling of being on the run. Hell, I even liked the chaser cops; the part where you find project Icarus was epic.
    Music was awesome, visual style was awesome. What they need to add is playtime. I finished the first in less than half a day. Less. than. half. a. motherfucking day.
    And no, time trials and speedruns don't count towards lengthening playtime.