Minor Shocking Discovery.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by LeafAce, Aug 6, 2017.

1. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    I decrypted OOT3D, then extracted the Rom filesystem and the executable file system and ripped out the sounds with loco365's Audio Ripper. I use foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin to play the .bcwav. (the file I am talking about is located in ExtractedRomfs\sound\QueenSound.bcsar\0x626D40. You have to extract QueenSound.)

What's in it? Well if you have foobar2000 with the vgmstream extension and you play that file, you will hear part of the original fire temple theme that Nintendo took out about a week after its original 1.0 N64 release. From what I heard, I can tell that it's in the middle of La Illaha Illilah (can't spell it in English) or There is no God but God. I guess Nintendo took it out, they just didn't delete it and they isolated it there. Which confirms my thoughts that this game is just a mere copy and paste apart from textures and some animations.

(Sub question: How do you open cseq or csar files?)

Attached Files:

Whole lotta love likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The game was ported by GREZZO, who had no previous involvement in the game development, they were probably just told to keep everything the same except for a few minor additions + upgraded textures that were likely provided by Nintendo, in order to make porting easier.
    Also, I never knew that the chanting actually had meaning, I thought it was just gibberish. Now it makes more sense that they removed it.

LeafAce and BlastedGuy9905 like this.
  3. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    It does? :wtf:

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, cause it's religious. Can't have that in a family friendly game, religious parents would get upset.

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  5. soprano1

soprano1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Portugal
  6. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I didn't knew Nintendo has such a rule.
    *Looks at some Nintendo games*
    Nintendo is awful at sticking to there own rules it seems :rofl2:

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 7, 2017
  7. DarkDante

DarkDante GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2015
    Japan
    DarkLand
    Interesting to dig in the files. Very nice discovery :bow:

8. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    Welp, now I don't have to get those files off the internet to replace the temple music with the older one.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think it's cool to have religious references in games. I don't see anything wrong with it really. Maybe because it's in the Fire Temple?

VitaType likes this.
  9. soprano1

soprano1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Portugal
    Yes, but you aren't a religious zealot.

Tomy Sakazaki likes this.
  10. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    They likely removed it because they don't like including any religious references (at least in western releases) for fear of offending anyone (and presumably fear a loss in sales).

It's not new and does go back such as A Link to the Past which changed the star of David to something generic:
    https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past#Regional_Differences

11. Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2006
    United States
    In Islam, these are prayers and absolutely not music, so for many it is seen as deeply sacrilegious to use this very sacred part of their religion in a musical composition, especially for a video game that removes the prayer from all it's original context.

In the 80's, David Byrne and Brian Eno released a really cool sample based record, one of the tracks sampled similar prayers, here's what Byrnehad to say about it:

They dropped the track from subsequent pressings, which sucks because it's a banger, but I understand why they did and I personally would have done the same.

LeafAce likes this.
  12. DarkDante

DarkDante GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2015
    Japan
    DarkLand
    Here in Japan You can see some temples with the Triforce, it seems the really like to add religious references. Here is a picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by DarkDante, Aug 8, 2017