Mini Console Wishlist

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Futurdreamz, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Futurdreamz
    OP

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Here's my wishlist for different Mini consoles and their features.

Let's assume ALL of them use an off-the-shelf ARM cpu with a pixel-perfect emulator that upscales to 1080p, with a MicroUSB port for power (officially the only use) along with an HDMI port for home consoles

SNES Mini: Uses the original style for the region, but miniaturized. The controller is identical, but with the classic controller plug AND a 6 foot cable.

N64 mini: Miniaturized version of the original. Controller is identical (with built in rumble), and preferably uses a mini version of the original connector. 6 foot cable

Gamecube Mini: Flattened like a pancake, 1080p so unfortunately might be closer to $150. uses standard gamecube controllers with the original connector. Memcard 1 is internally emulated, Memcard 2 uses a USB drive that is plugged into the back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) This one I can see becoming a major hit, but it's also the most expensive.

Gameboy Mini: Somewhere between the Gameboy advanced and Gameboy Micro. Has a collection from the advance, color, and original gameboy. Can connect to other GB Mini consoles wirelessly

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Mini: Not shit. Miniturized. HDMI out, decent controllers. Has the best Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System games

The Sega timeline is a little confusing

I'm not too familliar with the Xbox and Playstation lines, but I suppose miniaturized versions would be great for them too.