Gaming Minecraft

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Minecraft Beta 1.2_01 (less bugs, more framerates)

This update affects both the client and the server, but the server update isn’t mandatory. I highly suggest updating, though.

* Fixed various blocks acting really weird when placed (rails, torches, and more)
* Optimized performance
* Added a new painting that we forgot to include yesterday
* Reduced spawn rates a bit
* Fixed a whole pile of lighting bugs
* No more ghosts at night
* Added a temporary fix to get rid of chunk visibility errors

The last one is interesting.. The problem with chunk visibility errors was that for some reason the “dirty” flag on chunks and the list of “dirty chunks” got out of synch. There wasn’t time to try to do a proper fix today, so I just made the client check a couple of dirty chunks per frame to make sure they’re in the list.

So until we fix it proper, you might get invisible chunks, but they will fix themselves after a second or two, usually way before you even get close to them.[/p]

Appears to have fixed some of the performance issues I had in the previous update.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still can't play it due to having a computer made of potatoes but my sister is visiting this weekend and I've told her to bring her laptop.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love these things.
I just built a noise machine under my friends house. Looking forward to tomorrow when I get to turn it on.
Even have 3 seperate switches around the house with different delays to turn it on.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Here's my SSP save, almost a years worth of minecraftan`, not gonna be touching it for a while now.

On an unrelated note, TempCraft Survival has been updated, anyone can join now (without having to downgrade etc)

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hate to double post (this thread is pretty dead
ohnoes.png
)
anyway, quick update: TempCraft is now using a custom authentication server, which means that either you'll have to use our custom client - or preferably edit your hosts file (details are available on the server's site).
there are many advantages and disadvantages to this approach, namely being:
+ non-premium users are now able to join (but premium accounts are used over non-premium, so there's no chance of people stealing accounts etc..)
+ we're no longer as vulnerable to DDoS attacks, or mass griefing
+ when there is a major server/client update, you will no longer be forced to update to a version of the client that is incompatible with the server
- users actually have to do something in order to be able to join now

oh, and the classic server may be dropped soon.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
chrisman01 said:
WARNING: Editing the hosts file means you can no longer access minecraft.net. I recommend just using the custom launcher. It means no custom texture pack, but the compass/minimap makes up for it ;D
you can still access minecraft.net by accessing the original IP.
namely, http://50.16.203.217/

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Stevetry said:
can crack games join >?
As I made very clear in my previous post, yes.

that aside, new world generator with seed support, and infinite renamable worlds!
all we need now is multiplayer server listing support, like with what was present in classic (heartbeat and serverlist)

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wizzerzak said:
Does anyone know anything about Minecraft Time? I was going to buy the game then saw this. It looks like it may be a scam/virus but if it is real their system would be perfectly legit. Any ideas?
There are a number of scam sites like this, they're all fake.
If you have a burning desire to play the game, you might as well just pirate it, because at least that way you'll actually get to play.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.... yh.... that's what i thought. I'll probably buy it, especially for the online aspect. But trying to convince my parents to let me spend £40 on video games in about 30 days is going to be a bit of a challenge.

BTW i just read his website on the About Section and he says in the future that he will release the code to the public; this must be putting a lot of people of purchasing it.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wizzerzak said:
hmm.... yh.... that's what i thought. I'll probably buy it, especially for the online aspect. But trying to convince my parents to let me spend £40 on video games in about 30 days is going to be a bit of a challenge.

BTW i just read his website on the About Section and he says in the future that he will release the code to the public; this must be putting a lot of people of purchasing it.
That's a rather selfish claim he's made, that when sales start dropping his company will stop developing it and will make it public domain.
However it's unlikely anyone's been put off by this, considering how successful it is.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone suggest anything to do on minecraft. I 'got' it and have kinda grown bored of SSP (didn't get very far, about 5 nights in, nothing to do) and the only SMP server i can play is tempcraft, which is full of creations and not very 'wildernessy', plus none of my friends irl play it. I've tried classic again, which is alright but i just finished my house so have nothing left to do.
I used to love this game but now i am struggling to find what people see in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...