Gaming Minecraft Xbox One edition

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else excited for Minecraft Xbox One edition? There hasn't been much news regarding the game except little leaks here and there.
It is stated that the game will be releasing first on Xbox one before the Vita and PS4 editions release later this year, supposedly around September.

It's funny how much this simple game causes people to go crazy for it. Working at Target, many of the Xbox ones I sold were to family's whose children were excited about the New Minecraft. Kind f crazy that it alone is a system seller.

Anyway, so far the little news that has been announced is that if you have worlds on the 360 edition, they WILL transfer to the Xbox One edition.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/04/25/minecraft-xbox-360-save-transfer-confirmed-for-xbox-one

Also confirmed is much larger worlds, dealing with world load issues that the 360 version suffered from, and updating worlds to get closer to the PC editions current update.

I for one am pretty excited, Minecraft has always been a game I just jump into every once in awhile to calm down and have mindless fun with friends.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
If I see this game for a decent price, after it releases, I'll definently be picking it up. I prefer the PC version (read; PC master race) but I think it'd be enjoyable on the One.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I couldn't care less at this point, the game is available on just about everything except microwaves.

maybe because you got a cheap microwave with no java, did you tried your fridge?

EDIT: i guess microsoft likes to spy young kids

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed today the game is comin out this August!!!
http://time.com/109314/minecraft-ps4-xbox-vita/
Also confirmed that if you already own the game on 360 or PS3 you may upgrade to the next gen counterpart for only $5. Also there will be a dual pack for the Vita/PS3 editions that will allow you to buy both for $20. You may also Transfer your worlds between ps3 and vita versions allowin you to take your world on the go.

Spectacular.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could only see this being funner on a Vita, I mean it looks just fine and plays well on a 360 so I don't get how this news is really exciting.

But then again I could see those who traded their old gen in for a newer console liking this announcement.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If they can catch up to the PC version any day now, that'd be great... Xbox and mobile versions are SEVERAL versions behind, and there's no reason for it other than developer laziness.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could only see this being funner on a Vita, I mean it looks just fine and plays well on a 360 so I don't get how this news is really exciting.

But then again I could see those who traded their old gen in for a newer console liking this announcement.

It's mostly due to larger World Size and much easier loading over it's older gen counterparts. Minecraft 360 suffered from bad world loading times due to the lack of power so people are excited to be able to play more efficiently now.

If they can catch up to the PC version any day now, that'd be great... Xbox and mobile versions are SEVERAL versions behind, and there's no reason for it other than developer laziness.
They're not THAT far behind on console anymore, it's the Pocket edition that continues to lag behind. Do agree they need to step it up a notch though.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
They're not THAT far behind on console anymore, it's the Pocket edition that continues to lag behind. Do agree they need to step it up a notch though.

Indeed, stop cloning the game to every single platform that is on the market, and bring Redstone to my iPhone, dammit.

(I do realize that it won't give them money, but shh)

Reactions: chavosaur

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for the 360 version, can you connect to servers like these:
Code:
http://minecraftservers.org/
like you can on the PC version ?

FWIW, the true target audience of the Wii U also plays Minecraft.
Minecraft for Wii U would be a good thing for the Wii U.

Microsoft must have spent lots of $$$$ on Mojang to get "exclusive" Minecraft for 360. Who knows what the deal is for the xB1. More money than Nintendo can spend I am sure.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the 360 version, can you connect to servers like these:
Code:
http://minecraftservers.org/
like you can on the PC version ?

FWIW, the true target audience of the Wii U also plays Minecraft.
Minecraft for Wii U would be a good thing for the Wii U.

Microsoft must have spent lots of $$$$ on Mojang to get "exclusive" Minecraft for 360. Who knows what the deal is for the xB1. More money than Nintendo can spend I am sure.
It's not exclusive to Nintendo anymore though, it's also coming to Sony consoles, it just came to the PS3 WAAAAYYYY later. It was rumored to come to Wii u as well but Notch said he wouldn't touch the Nintendo consoles.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm guessing this will be a digital-only release because it'd be a complete waste of physical Blu-rays as it only consumes a few megaby-- Given all those new updates and how a country in Minecraft is 1TB large then it'd be good if they made a physical release.

Still, I don't see the big deal about Minecraft, sure you make whatever you want but I tried it and didn't like, so it's just not for me.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol