Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about that, I'll try to get it done when/if I finish the DS project I'm making for the neoflash competition.
(for those interested, the project in question is a "first person shooter maker" kind of app with an embedded level editor; I doubt I'll finish it in time but so far my tests have been promising in terms of feasibility)

Yay. I'll keep holding my breath then! GL with the new project. Sounds like the old Shoot-em-up construction kit I used to have on the Amiga 500+.

NathanUden

Trophies
XP
hmmm if Smealum wont do it i think we the fans should do it.

i may just work on it when i get the right equipment (like a laptop) and what programing site did Smealum use to make dscraft?

Smealum we the fans support u in this whole thing and we wanna prove nintendo wrong!

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm if Smealum wont do it i think we the fans should do it.

i may just work on it when i get the right equipment (like a laptop) and what programing site did Smealum use to make dscraft?

Smealum we the fans support u in this whole thing and we wanna prove nintendo wrong!

"Programming site"? Smealum coded this with C/C++ and libnds.
The source code isn't out either. The only way you could do that is somehow completely recreate DScraft. Which isn't happening.

PaoloSmartieVela

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I load the FAT rom from akmenu4.nds, I get a black screen on top and bottom. If I load it normally from my games folder, I get a Guru Meditation error. I use an R4i.

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know one other thing I'd like to see? To have the option to turn off the night/day transition. Where I play it is very hard to see when it is night (in game) and I'm always skipping to daytime. Would be nice to have the option for keeping it at day all the time. Anyway, just an idea.

Reactions: 2 people

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
For anyone curious, I just posted my projects on the neoflash website, so here's "FPS Maker" and sample FPS project "ACOTSYE". They're both completely unfinished but at any rate this is what it looks like :
in game :
scr3.png
scr6.png
scr7.png

in editor :
buttons.png
buttons2.png

Reactions: 3 people

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
For anyone curious, I just posted my projects on the neoflash website, so here's "FPS Maker" and sample FPS project "ACOTSYE". They're both completely unfinished but at any rate this is what it looks like :
*snip*
Really awesome game your working on, its like CS with a level editor :O maybe a local multiplayer?

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know development on this has practically stopped, but I've been playing it non-stop (in hospital---awwww) and I'd love to convert my map to regular minecraft. I've been looking at the map in a hex editor, but it's all greek to me. Since we have a minecraft to ds map converter, any ideas how we can convert from ds to mc?

Hmm. Found this AOS converter that says it supports dscraft map. Maybe can do dscraft >AOS >minecraft proper? I tried it out though and didn't get anywhere. :(

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me? I'm having trouble with this.
I installed the first version, nds file in the root, dscraft folder in the root as well.
The game runs but I see no world files when clicking single player.

I tried the FAT version and it gives me a red screen of death.

I'm using M3 Perfect SD.

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the first version, nds file in the root, dscraft folder in the root as well.

I'm using M3 Perfect SD.

Did you read the OP?

Included are a "worlds" directory and mapGen program. The worlds directory contains several pre-generated worlds for you to explore; simply drag and drop the files to the dscraft/worlds directory to install each one.
The mapGen program is used to generate new worlds. Simply execute it and follow the steps.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm using M3 Perfect SD.

Did you read the OP?

Included are a "worlds" directory and mapGen program. The worlds directory contains several pre-generated worlds for you to explore; simply drag and drop the files to the dscraft/worlds directory to install each one.
The mapGen program is used to generate new worlds. Simply execute it and follow the steps.

Yes.
It says I don't need those maps though, do I? I already have testmap.map and small.map in the worlds folder.

Edit: I removed files from my SD to make room for all the map files, and it still didn't work with all the map files installed. The texture seems to load fine, with the menu screen showing the texture just fine. The texture tab shows 2 eldpack tabs. The world tab just shows absolutely no tabs besides the back tab.

SophieFraser

Trophies
Website
shadowfraser.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I know development on this has practically stopped, but I've been playing it non-stop (in hospital---awwww) and I'd love to convert my map to regular minecraft. I've been looking at the map in a hex editor, but it's all greek to me. Since we have a minecraft to ds map converter, any ideas how we can convert from ds to mc?

Hmm. Found this AOS converter that says it supports dscraft map. Maybe can do dscraft >AOS >minecraft proper? I tried it out though and didn't get anywhere. :(

I have the same problem and I've tried everything suggested :nayps3:

Reactions: 1 person

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Worlds folder goes Root/DScraft/Worlds right?
Is my M3 slot 2 just not compatable?

I don't understand why it can pick up everything but the map files.
Do you have used the right DLDI patch? Do you have selected the Nitro version?

I used both versions. The Nitro version works, but no world files show up.
FAT version shows a red error screen on the bottom DS screen.

I used the M3 SD DLDI patch on both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...