Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DroRox said:
Umm.. (name suggestions) ( just joining the bandwagon)

CaveExplorerDS
DSMiner
ExcavationsDS
BuildingBlocksDS
World of Craft
World of Mining

Yeah I'm Out.
Of these I think CaveExplorerDS and ExcavationDS are the best fits. This is going to be a clone of classic, there's not actually going to be any crafting and mining materials from what I can see, so a name that won't mislead users (while getting them into the whole exploration mindset) would be nice.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why the name should not have Craft in the name. The original Minecraft was for crafting buildings. This is a remake of Minecraft Classic, a real thing where there was no crafting as it's known in Survival. People should educate themselves instead of being picky.

@thommoboy: There is an inventory. It looks quite nice. :3

BreafingBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thommoboy said:
oh and can i do some menu art for you?

edit:

does anyone have a current version?

Feel free to do it, but lucasade and Bmcs already created some nice menu graphics.

Only beta testers have new version, however there will be a release in 20/08.

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Just saying 2 DAYS REMAINING for a release
Yes, i am so happy
smile.gif

mariolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@lucasade do I need to register myself in your website to download maps and other files?and another important thing:there will be a ban for who make use of 10 minutes mails(I'm not going to use one of those,I use they only for useless websites,and yours is not useless :3)?

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
mariolo said:
@lucasade do I need to register myself in your website to download maps and other files?and another important thing:there will be a ban for who make use of 10 minutes mails(I'm not going to use one of those,I use they only for useless websites,and yours is not useless :3)?
I am not sure yet. You will definately need an account to upload, but maybe I can leave downloading open
smile.gif

As for banning...definately! I would certainly not want abuse and hacks on the site. Although I hope the people that join the site don't make me setup the ban system any sooner than I plan, because like I said, I've got a lot of learning to do. This is my first big site
smile.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Digs said:
But back to the legal stuff, no one can copyright a genre of video game, if that were true, id Software could sue the pants off anyone who made a game from a first person perspective. I know they're not the first to make an FPS, but they sure made it popular.

Read this.

That is all.

OT: This is beginning to look a lot better than the first release. Keep it up.
yay.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yuka001 said:
Just discovered this, it looks awesome! Keep up the good work, can't wait for the release.
I wonder how you found out about this
- just a pure random search/gamble.... or did you see it mentioned in the Official Minecraft Forums ??

Still not long to go now 'til the 20th

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Just got back from vacation ! It was nice, but unfortunately I did absolutely NO work on DScraft. In addition to that, my flashcart is giving out (my M3 DS Simply already died last month, now it's my G6 DS Real that's acting up), so... yeah, if I were any of you I'd try not to expect too much from that saturday release.
tongue.gif

@people who want to change the name : I like DScraft just fine, I don't think it's misleading at all and it has a nice ring to it, so there's no need to try to find a new one, thanks. (plus, as I said multiple times, a basic version of survival is not out of the question at all)

@people who keep sending me messages like "when will it be released" or "can I be a tester" : I stopped replying.

Jamstruth said:
smealum said:
(btw, apparently fortresscraft made $1 million... why can't I get that kind of money ?
ohnoes.png
)
That was released on the XBLA though. You're releasing for flashcarts which is an entirely different market wich is less likely to pay you (unfortunately). We're kinda tight-wads that way.. I'll definitely d/l the game when you release and (possibly) donate a few dollars to the cause. You're doing a bang up job.
I would say, however, that if you did make money off this Mojang would be a lot more likely to sue you for copying their game piece by piece so not making money is a good way to go on this. Obviously it would be a dick move but it would be understandable, tbh I'm surprised FOrtressCraft hasn't seen any legal action against it for blatantly copying large sections of Minecraft's gameplay. Admittedly there are no lines of code or anything that are the same between the two games but you could make a reasonable case against it.

Yeah I know don't worry about, I was just kidding.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(thommoboy @ Aug 18 2011, 03:26 AM)
will there be inventories????

oh and can i make a trailer for youtube?
Yeah, there's an inventory, although at the moment since this is just classic there's no resource gathering or anything, it's just an infinite number of all blocks.

Anyway, I'll probably try releasing a new beta tomorrow or after tomorrow in the morning for some last minute testing, if any of you are up to it.
smile.gif

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
Anyway, I'll probably try releasing a new beta tomorrow or after tomorrow in the morning for some last minute testing, if any of you are up to it.
smile.gif

Welcome back
biggrin.gif

Yeah, of course, if you need to test it before release, we are here for you
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.