Minecraft Beta announced!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have been seeing stuff from this game every now and then.... but i never really quite understood what this "game" really is.

what is the point of minecraft?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
i have been seeing stuff from this game every now and then.... but i never really quite understood what this "game" really is.

In classic mode (The free version), you just build shit.

In survival (The paid version), you survive. You have to build shelter, get resources from the environment, and fight off mobs (Another name for the monsters in the game). It's never ending, which is the fun part.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif
I was planning on buying this with BC2 Vietnam for Christmas but I don't want to pay more.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
TDWP FTW said:
Hero-Link said:

In survival (The paid version), you survive. You have to build shelter, get resources from the environment, and fight off mobs (Another name for the monsters in the game). It's never ending, which is the fun part.

i see, might buy it for the survival then! sounds like fun, and i never heard of the survival mode. i only seem people building stuff...

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
shlong said:
_Chaz_ said:
Really?!

I just pirated legally obtained the Alpha...
Bad boy.
lecture.gif

Same, as my parents won't let me have PayPal, as they know that I'd spend too much >.>
I pirated Minecraft before I bought it. I ended up buying it because I felt Notch deserved the money.
You could buy a pre-paid credit card. That would work.

Or you could just link Pay Pal to your bank account and do it that way, you don't need a credit card, it just takes 7 business days to clear.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hero-Link said:
TDWP FTW said:
Hero-Link said:

i see, might buy it for the survival then! sounds like fun, and i never heard of the survival mode. i only seem people building stuff...
As of now, the whole game is "Survival mode". You can lower the difficulty and it'll disable all the enemies, but you still need to collect resources to build crap.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
its a great game and nothing beats it but the different versions and big prices (relatively) kinda makes me feel its too expensive
beta is not always better
There aren't different paid versions. It's just moving into beta stages, meaning the game is rapidly nearing completion.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
shakirmoledina said:
its a great game and nothing beats it but the different versions and big prices (relatively) kinda makes me feel its too expensive
beta is not always better

Beta means Alpha + more content. How can that not beat Alpha?
wtf.gif

And it's one of the best game out there, but still much cheaper than other games.
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think because the higher price + beta buyers dont get expansion packs for free unlike alpha buyers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1