Gaming Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor!

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stivsama said:
I doubt.. is April Fools even that big in Japan??
Don't remind me. Some of the game developers over there are the biggest cockteases during April Fools.

@FlameTakuya: That's uh...huh...
Well, weren't one of the buildings next to Phoenix's office a hotel?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
From CR media stuff:
en-areamap.png

O_O

Is there a chance that Phoenix is the vict- *shot*

Isn't that from
AA:Apollo Justice where Phoenix Wright (hit and run) and the noodle stand gets stolen
is the victim?

QUOTE(Pici @ Apr 9 2008, 07:03 PM) We definetely need a phoenix wright port on wii ! using the wiimote to make an "objection 11111!!!!!!1!!1" with your arm and stuff like that

Good idea, more revolutionary than using your mouth to shout.

FlameTakuya

OP
Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Zarcon said:
@FlameTakuya: That's uh...huh...
Well, weren't one of the buildings next to Phoenix's office a hotel?

The Gatewater Hotel?

I'm not sure which building that is in that map... but it's definitely one of them.

QUOTE(xJonny @ Apr 10 2008, 03:17 AM) Isn't that from
AA:Apollo Justice where Phoenix Wright (hit and run) and the noodle stand gets stolen
is the victim?

We have no idea, as of now...

One thing we know for sure:

This game will be awesome.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
I don't get it, what's the difference if you're the prosecutor?
You'll just go up against defendants who are actually guilty with defense lawyers who use underhanded methods.
It'll be the same game with the names/roles reversed.
One big difference: For a prosecutor, you'll probably have to build an actual, credible case in the outside-of-court segments.

In fact, you know what I'd do? Have it be a law-and-order style game. In the outside of court segments, you'd play Gumshoe, investigating and putting together the case (yeah, yeah, I know. But he must have some sort of talent, even if it's just dumb luck, in order to become a prosecutor... plus, having cases put together by Gumshoe would leave Edgeworth with plenty to do.
tongue.gif
) Once you've put together a case that Edgeworth will accept, you move on to the court segments.

Basically, one of the big problems with Phoenix Wright is that you rarely ever really 'uncover' anything important outside the courtroom, aside from maybe one climax at the end of a scene -- since most of the plot development is in court, the non-court sections are frequently described as dull. In a prosecution Law and Order style game, much more interesting stuff can come out outside the courtroom, and the player has a chance to do many more interesting things, like interview suspects and cover crime scenes legitimately (and by Law and Order, I mean like the TV show -- separated into clear segments where you first establish the case as the police, then prosecute it as the prosecutors.)

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ruri said:
Basically, one of the big problems with Phoenix Wright is that you rarely ever really 'uncover' anything important outside the courtroom -- since most of the plot development is in court, the non-court sections are frequently described as dull.

Surely one of the fun aspects is the defense attorney, who thinks he's won then suddenly the prosecution says "Actually we found a blah blah which incriminates the suspect" and then you struggle hard to think of how to disprove it, prove the prosecution wrong and then it happens again and at the end you feel awesome.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
Ruri said:
Basically, one of the big problems with Phoenix Wright is that you rarely ever really 'uncover' anything important outside the courtroom -- since most of the plot development is in court, the non-court sections are frequently described as dull.

Surely one of the fun aspects is the defense attorney, who thinks he's won then suddenly the prosecution says "Actually we found a blah blah which incriminates the suspect" and then you struggle hard to think of how to disprove it, prove the prosecution wrong and then it happens again and at the end you feel awesome.
Well, that part they can still do when you're the prosecutor. Additionally, for a prosecutor, they can actually have a primary suspect be innocent -- then, instead of trying to disprove it, you have to look at your evidence and find another suspect. Having the whole case turned around and throwing it back to the cops for more investigation (or having your primary suspect get killed!) is one of the staples of the mystery genre, to the point where it's almost unheard of for the primary suspect to actually have done it.

And of course they can have defense attornies come up with evidence or arguments to get their client off the hook that you then have to figure out a way around.

But what I mean is, for a prosecutor / police team, there's a clear set of procedures outside the courtroom, too, which lend themselves well to a game. Say, you could have (cross-examination-styled) interrogations in the police station now, with Gumshoe and/or Edgeworth as your character. Wouldn't that be fun? The guy you're interrogating says something like "Anyhow, I've got nothing to do with the case, so let me go already.", and you get to hit 'present' to say "Not so fast, buddy! We've got this evidence tying you to the scene!"

Outside of court, Phoenix just walks around and hopes he trips over evidence the police missed. They tried to introduce some things to make this more fun (fingerprinting, magatama, etc), but at heart it doesn't lend itself well to a game. Police procedures, though, actually could.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else notice that the graphic in the middle (it's kinda hard to see due to the crease) looks like the running animation/cell in the oldschool Batman opening theme?
biggrin.gif

Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah...EDGEWORTH!

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes more Gumshoe!
They should also make a Dick Gumshoe: Not-so-perfect detective
Also; Perfect Prosecutor? Could it be Ace Prosecutor?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
Yes more Gumshoe!

I think they are going with Perfect Prosecutor because they both start with the same letter like Ace Attorney.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
mkoo said:
Yes more Gumshoe!

I think they are going with Perfect Prosecutor because they both start with the same letter like Ace Attorney.

I think it's a possibility that the game title changes once it's released in the US and in Europe
huh.gif

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I want...

It's got Edgeworth, but it seems it's not in the point-and-click adventure styling of the other GS games.

But I bet monies that it'll never reach the states :C

D

Deleted User

Erm, how about
PRO PROSECUTOR
¬.¬

I mean Prosecutor starts with Pro, but it'd still be better than Perfect Prosecutor tbh
But if it's Perfect Prosecutor, then it's Perfect Prosecutor. It's not THAT bad.

Although I hope they've been working on this for a while seeing as it's due for the 20th
frown.gif

If they haven't it'll be... well, not good
frown.gif

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Erm, how about
PRO PROSECUTOR
¬.¬

I mean Prosecutor starts with Pro, but it'd still be better than Perfect Prosecutor tbh
But if it's Perfect Prosecutor, then it's Perfect Prosecutor. It's not THAT bad.

Although I hope they've been working on this for a while seeing as it's due for the 20th
frown.gif

frown.gif

But didn't Edgeworth have a perfect win record?

As long as this takes place before Mia's trial, the perfect should still be withstanding. And since you don't really see him after the first game (Aside from being a part of the last episode), where else can it take place?

D

Deleted User

Cheesemonkey said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Erm, how about
PRO PROSECUTOR
¬.¬

frown.gif

frown.gif

As long as this takes place before Mia's trial, the perfect should still be withstanding. And since you don't really see him after the first game (Aside from being a part of the last episode), where else can it take place?

After the third game and before the fourth?
unsure.gif

Just after
Phoenix lost his badge
I'm pretty sure that most people already know that but I've put it in a spoiler tag to make sure. And dude, you should do the same with your comment about when you see Edgeworth.

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Cheesemonkey said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Erm, how about
PRO PROSECUTOR
¬.¬

frown.gif

frown.gif

After the third game and before the fourth?
unsure.gif

Just after
Phoenix lost his badge
I'm pretty sure that most people already know that but I've put it in a spoiler tag to make sure. And dude, you should do the same with your comment about when you see Edgeworth.

It seems unlikely, because in the third game, didn't Edgeworth have to fly in? He's living in another country, and I doubt that he'll go back to his old ways.

However, with more character development with Gumshoe (and maggey), it makes half of it likely that it would take place after 3.

I'm bad with speculation. But I didn't think of that :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse