Miles Edgeworth 2 on a tablet

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Mythrix, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Mythrix
    OP

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006

Just thought it was kind of amusing to play this game on a Windows 8(.1) tablet because it can actually be played fully with the touchscreen without using the buttons. Only function that is not available without using a button is saving (Start button), but I've been using emulator savestates anyways.

The tablet is not quite powerful enough for emulation though, I had to set max frameskip, and it still lags a bit during the 3D evidence examination. But for a non-action game it works well enough!

2. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Is there a reason for you to mention this game as example ?

3. Mythrix
    OP

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    I guess because there aren't so many other DS games I've been wanting to play...? (I'm actually not sure what exactly you'e asking.)

4. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Since 98% are unable to play beyond case 1…

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Are you using Desmume? Or are you using some new emulator that works well on touchscreens? Desmume doesn't like my touchscreen, in order to touch something, I have to tap in the same place twice or swipe to get it to input once.

6. Mythrix
    OP

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    Oh! I do kind of remember some posts about that in the game thread, but I thought it was mainly an issue with flashcards. I had no trouble getting to case 2 on the emulator, in any case.

Yeah, I used DeSmuME, and yeah, there is an issue with having to double-tap or swipe in order to tap in the game. I got used to swiping slightly to tap buttons in the game and it works quite well besides that, so it was not a big issue in this game. I can imagine it might give a lot more trouble in many other games though.

The main reason I thought it was interesting is actually because of how well the dual screen layout works with the rotated view on a widescreen tablet. But I guess I'm not the first one to discover that... Maybe I'm just easily amused. :P

7. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    I love playing Black 2 on my Note 2! It has nearly no lag, and the sound is great, most of the time I play using the touchscreen, but a Wii controller works fine too. Really love how far emulation has grown for mobile devices.

Mythrix likes this.
  8. Mythrix
    OP

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    Awesome! :)
    I guess I could also try to connect a controller to my tablet, but using the touch screen was kind of a main point of using the tablet in the first place...

9. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    I have a Acer Iconia A500 with a media docking station for it with a remote sitting next to my pc. This is also a nice way to play using a bluetooth controller. There so much that we can do nowadays with tablets and such.

10. Mythrix
    OP

Mythrix GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2006
    Cool, mine is actually an Acer Iconia too, W511 with keyboard dock. :)

I guess I could've tried out more gaming things with it too. But between my stationary gaming rig, 3DS, Xbox 360 and now Wii U I honestly don't have much need to do gaming on the tablet. xD