Hacking MiiWii

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FGOD why are you using this with a modchip? If you haven't got a modchip you should really do a normal install. The DVDX installer even tells you that. If you have got a modchip why use the cios's? You could have all the functionality by missing out that step

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
cwstjdenobs said:
FGOD why are you using this with a modchip? If you haven't got a modchip you should really do a normal install. The DVDX installer even tells you that. If you have got a modchip why use the cios's? You could have all the functionality by missing out that step

i don't use it with patchmii, but that was just a test, and like i said, don't do a normal install with cioscorpsV2 as it will malfunction. if you have cioscorpsV2 you should do advance install and install it to ios249 which is the cios you have installd beside cioscorps... which most people updated to rev8 some days ago...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FGOD said:
cwstjdenobs said:

i don't use it with patchmii, but that was just a test, and like i said, don't do a normal install with cioscorpsV2 as it will malfunction. if you have cioscorpsV2 you should do advance install and install it to ios249 which is the cios you have installd beside cioscorps... which most people updated to rev8 some days ago...

Sorry there, didn't notice you say it was only a test.

But still, this is not a problem for anyone else. I'm not saying this isn't a problem for you, and finding out what causes it will help fix the problem and stop it happening for anyone else in the future. But at the moment this is an unreproducible error that hasn't affected anyone else so don't say it WILL break DVDX support. We will all admit there is a risk and work on a solution.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
k, you're right about that, i'll refrase... It can break dvdx and as far as i noticed installing it to cios 249 solves this, but as far as the fact why i got this problem... i have no idea. I hope somebody can figure out why it happens to me. and i don't think i am the only one having this problem (would be kinda weird as i am using the whole cioscorps since the beginning of it and i always updated everything and kept on track with the whole development of wii hacking...)

Tehpeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
D-Jay said:
Tehpeh said:
just a quick dumb question but...

DL discs as in Double layer(the ones you use for 360 games) or Dual layer?

Doesn't matter. Your writer has to bitset it to DVD-ROM.

So a double layer disc should work? I already got my writer to DVD-ROM for double layer disc's since I use it to burn 360 games.

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please use another place to upload the files, 2shared isn't working, been trying for 2 days and it always states too many connections/IP.
Hint: mihd.net works fine (supports even download managers).

Thanks!

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maddoc said:
please use another place to upload the files, 2shared isn't working, been trying for 2 days and it always states too many connections/IP.
Hint: mihd.net works fine (supports even download managers).

Thanks!

I changed hosting files with the next upload.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FGOD said:
magic12 said:
just for confirmation i can also report that dvd video playback is not working on 0.5b version
just try the same thing i did. install cios rev8 to ios 249 and install dvdx to ios 249. that should do the trick. at least it did for me...

Yes, it works.
Will include this in MiiWii's manual.

ZoR3oL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I execute MiiWii on a 3.3E?
If i can't, i need to find a solution to Downgrade my Wii (3.3E -> 3.2E) WITHOUT Internet.
Can you help me please?

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ZoR3oL said:
Can I execute MiiWii on a 3.3E?
If i can't, i need to find a solution to Downgrade my Wii (3.3E -> 3.2E) WITHOUT Internet.
Can you help me please?

The next update will include an offline up- / downgrader.

ZoR3oL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice news !
We can downgrade Wii PAL 3.3E to 3.2E
smile.gif

So wait and see !

grimmghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing ntsc, everything is running without trouble... except pal pikmin, but thats cause I cant force ntsc on it
dry.gif

had some trouble with disc channel until I remembered to turn off ios reloading 249... kept giving 001 error otherwise.
now life is peachy though.

glad you found the issue FGOD, I was clueless as to what it could have been.

I'm looking foreward to a final release!!

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@D-Jay: I don't need MyWii because I have a modchip, but, may you tell me how you did "- Increase cache-size to reduce laser working for faster loading" ?

badbwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god, this is so nice.
I'm loving the Mplayer Background!
Please release for NTSC when you get time!

Thanks in advanced man!
This is like the coolest app in awhile =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head