Hacking MiiMaker didn't restore?

Lyaerly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

Okay, so started hacking the vWii side of things, followed the guide on .guide (and double checked the steps after the fact on the guide on here as well,

I ran WUPhax to backup and inject the HackMii program, went through the steps, and went back through to restore it (and, idk how long it takes to restore, but when I did, it was super fast).

And now when I go back to run the MiiMaker, it's still loading up the HackMii app. Is that normal? Or did something go wrong? Do I need to worry about not having the MiIMaker? (Note, I had never made a Mii on the vWii, but I have on the WiiU side.)

Lyaerly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm able to run Wii Sports, however, without having my own Mii character, since it doesn't seem to be able to pull one from the WiiU side, it doesn't let me record my progress. :(

Any other suggestions on how to restore (or maybe just inject a Mii character?) the Mii Maker channel would be greatly appreciate. Asking in the Discord server though in the mean time.

Lyaerly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, should be final update, I got everything working now.

What I ended up doing (and I have no clue if half of this was even the problem)

1) I installed a cIOS236 or IOS36? I'm still not entirely sure (I don't know if this was a problem or not, but now it's on there)
2) I was still getting -1017, -1022, and -1029 errors when attempting to install the Mii Maker Channel from a NUS WAD
3) I was able to install a Weather channel from a NUS WAD, so that gave me a clue, maybe I can't reinstall the Mii Maker Channel while it "is" installed (it wasn't actually the Mii channel, it was still the hacked one).
4) So on a whim, I put in AnyTitleDeleter, navigated around to the Mii Maker Channel, deleted it.
5) Reinstalled the Mii Maker Channel from a NUS WAD, using YAWMM.

And wooo, it all works now. I happily went in, Made a Mii character on the vWii in totally normal fashion, and it works in Wii Sports.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, you can't reinstall a title of the same or lower version without removing it first (or using an hypothetical IOS with this check removed) :)

btw Mii Maker is the WiiU mode one, Mii Channel is the Wii one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo