Hacking Migrating from a 3.61 Vita to a 3.60 Vita

arcsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone

I have an OLED Vita which I ignorantly updated to 3.61 a few months ago. I have a 32GB memory card on it with my PSN account tied on it.

Fast forward to now, my friend gave me a new Vita Slim which is on FW3.60. Now, onto my questions:

1. Obviously, I want to use HENkaku on my new 3.60 Vita. Is it safe to use my 32GB memory card on the new Vita without erasing the games or save files on it?
2. Will it risk my PSN account for a ban if I use my 32GB memory card on the Vita slim if I use HENkaku? Even if I sign out of my PSN account and play offline?
3. Is it possible not to use a PSN account on my new Vita? I really won't want to risk banning my primary PSN account.

Thanks all!

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, it will prompt you to update or format - I did a format memory card from the recovery menu (same place you can rebuild database) when I moved my 64GB from my 3.63 Vita to the one now on 3.60
2. No one can say for sure on bans... I myself went the route of creating a new PSN account and using that specifically for the 3.60 Vita so, that may main account has no association with the modded console. I may be paranoid but I have spent far too much cash to risk losing my main account. All that said there has been no reported bans from PSP or PSV modding up to this point... and to my knowledge (could be wrong on this as I am not super familiar with the scene) the only users who has been banned on PS3 were users who cheated in online games. (Maybe piracy... but like I said I am not sure on the PS3 side)
3. If you have a PS3 in order to assist with transferring an exploit for Adrenaline then yes and if you don't care about adrenaline then also yes. (This is how I activated my Vita so that it would be on the same account as my PSTV after the spoof went down) Do a factory data reset, login with the NEW psn info on setup, don't update, once inside the system use the QCMA trick to transfer a PSP game/demo from a PS3 and activate the Vita.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1. No, it will prompt you to update or format - I did a format memory card from the recovery menu (same place you can rebuild database) when I moved my 64GB from my 3.63 Vita to the one now on 3.60
Actually, for 1, not necessarily. You can boot into IDU mode and delete the id.dat and then use the memory card on a lower firmware.

As for the rest of the questions:
2. You can't access PSN anymore anyways as PSN spoofing was fixed, so it won't matter, but nobody has reported a ban from Henkaku.
3. You can use whatever account you like, however be aware that you need to use the same account if you want to use the same memory card on both Vita's and access the same content.

arcsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses, guys. Regarding on my first question,

Actually, for 1, not necessarily. You can boot into IDU mode and delete the id.dat and then use the memory card on a lower firmware.

Won't this risk my account if I do this? Since the games on my 32GB are tied to my main PSN account, Sony might detect it that it's working from a hacked Vita. I don't plan on trying to be online anyway but from what I understand, transferring files onto the Vita still requires Internet connection and I'm worried that it might have some secret connection to Sony's servers, etc.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses, guys. Regarding on my first question,
Won't this risk my account if I do this? Since the games on my 32GB are tied to my main PSN account, Sony might detect it that it's working from a hacked Vita. I don't plan on trying to be online anyway but from what I understand, transferring files onto the Vita still requires Internet connection and I'm worried that it might have some secret connection to Sony's servers, etc.
Not sure where you read that, but you don't need an internet connection if you're transferring files via QCMA. If you're talking about using FTP, even then you're not connecting to any Sony servers so it won't matter.

If you're really that worried about being banned, just use airplane mode and the QCMA mp4 trick with a USB cable.

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a question about moving my memory card to a HENkaku Vita as well.
If I unlock trophies and want it to display on my account can I just move my memory card back to my 3.63 Vita and sync the trophies then move it back to my Henkaku Vita?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a question about moving my memory card to a HENkaku Vita as well.
If I unlock trophies and want it to display on my account can I just move my memory card back to my 3.63 Vita and sync the trophies then move it back to my Henkaku Vita?
Trophies are the one notable thing not on the memecard, so no.
It's purely on the system memory and it sucks to be you if something happens to it.
(Source: My system randomly killed itself and reformatted once and lost trophies, also Content Manager warns of this when you do a backup)

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies are the one notable thing not on the memecard, so no.
It's purely on the system memory and it sucks to be you if something happens to it.
(Source: My system randomly killed itself and reformatted once and lost trophies, also Content Manager warns of this when you do a backup)
Damn and I'm guessing since the PSN spoofing was fixed I can't trophy sync from the Henkaku Vita?

arcsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still new with the Vita hacking scene and I've been busy lately to really look into it.
I was hoping to use QCMA but apparently, I have to activate my Vita first. Is there a way to do it now?

I have a PS3 and when I try to copy content it asks me to update my Vita's firmware. I also tried the vpk that is supposed to activate the Vita but it doesn't work.

Am I screwed for now since I read that PSN spoof no longer works? Should I just stick to FTP using VitaShell?

Thanks again everyone!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm still new with the Vita hacking scene and I've been busy lately to really look into it.
I was hoping to use QCMA but apparently, I have to activate my Vita first. Is there a way to do it now?

I have a PS3 and when I try to copy content it asks me to update my Vita's firmware. I also tried the vpk that is supposed to activate the Vita but it doesn't work.

Am I screwed for now since I read that PSN spoof no longer works? Should I just stick to FTP using VitaShell?

Thanks again everyone!
QCMA doesn't require an activated Vita, it only requires a PSN account to be logged into the Vita (which is different from activation). If you're getting that error, it means you're not logged into a PSN account. You'll need to add a PSN account to your Vita, which unfortunately means you'll have to do a full factory reset in the Recovery Menu (which will delete all your games). After that QCMA should work just fine. Make sure you don't accidentally do an update after you restore, just get passed the account linking step and then turn off your wifi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro